Sanders blasts Trump: 'What are you afraid of?'

AUUSN

Bernie Sanders on Friday mocked Donald Trump after the presumptive GOP presidential nominee said he would not debate Sanders.

“Well, I hope that he changes his mind again,” Sanders told reporters. “Mr. Trump has been known to change his mind many times in a day.”

Sanders, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination, called Trump a “bully,” adding, “Well Mr. Trump, what are you afraid of?”

Trump and Sanders set the political world on fire this week by hinting that they might face off in an unprecedented debate before the California primary on June 7.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281563-sanders-blasts-trump-what-are-you-afraid-of

He said that Bernie's hands were just too big.

Seriously, he said..

As much as I want to debate Bernie Sanders — and it would be an easy payday — I will wait to debate the first place finisher in the Democratic Party, probably Crooked Hillary Clinton, or whoever it may be," Trump said in a statement.

I seriously don't know the answer, so I'll ask. Have there been debates between the two parties before the nominations have been made?

I seriously don't know the answer, so I'll ask. Have there been debates between the two parties before the nominations have been made?

Not that I'm aware of. But this entire presedential election has been outside the norm.

No, but this was Trump's idea and he's hardly followed convention.

Completely agree, just a question that popped in my head. I couldn't think of any other time. Thanks for the answers.

Completely agree, just a question that popped in my head. I couldn't think of any other time. Thanks for the answers.

If Trump thought it would be to his advantage, he'd do it in a heartbeat. It would probably help Bernie's case.

There's a debate commission that works out a debate schedule after the conventions. In recent years, I believe there have been 2-3 presidential debates in different formats and 1 VP debate.

Sanders is as combative as Dumpf is and actually knows something about, you know, POLICIES, this would not benefit Dumpf in the way he wants.

Maybe it was just another one of his, "suggestions".

How do y'all feel about Bernie winning consistantly but HC more than likely getting the nod? And do you think Bernie is willing/would he run 3rd party?

The system is as it is...If you didn't like it, why not try to change it beforehand? Why now, you've not won the required votes? This is like Dumpf whining about Cruz winning delegates because Cruz knew how the system of primary elections worked and Dumpf didn't have the first clue..

Do a little research.....Dumpfs state by state campaign apparatus, is almost non-existent.....Kind of funny for such an "organized and effective businessman".............They can't decide which superpac to tell people to donate to....There were campaign employees telling the same people to give to different ones. A campaign manager was fired after 6 weeks....For the horrible disgrace of chowing down on ineffective state campaigns who weren't organized..oh and in the last few days, they have filed paperwork for yet another superpac with no plan for it, either.....

Does the word CLUSTER mean anything to you?

I like Bernie, I would rather have Bernie's dog as POTUS as opposed to Dumpf.

Bernie has stated, repeatedly, he is not running as a 3rd party....he has also stated repeatedly, it is important to defeat Dumpf and he is right about that....moronic blowhard trash.

How do y'all feel about Bernie winning consistantly but HC more than likely getting the nod? And do you think Bernie is willing/would he run 3rd party?

Hillary's won far more votes. Bernie's won a lot of caucuses with meager participation. Obama won a lot of caucuses, too, but also had more actual primary votes than HRC. But HRC is a lousy candidate and damaged on top of that.

Not that I recall.

I think Trump may have realized his mouth was writing checks his rug covered head couldn't cash.

That actually would be the first positive thing I have seen from him.

Sanders had more to gain than Trump did by participating in the debate. Cannot blame Trump.

It was Trump's original idea....

Like everything else Trump says, it's just a suggestion and is subject to change the next time he opens his big obnoxious mouth.

If he didn't want to do it, he should never have suggested it....

Sanders had more to gain than Trump did by participating in the debate. Cannot blame Trump.

Blame?

Trump is the one who proposed it. He's compulsive.

Archived