2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard what his dad does now? maybe he could join ours staff if spot ever opened up.

seems pretty unlikely. He has had a pretty rough go of it from getting too many concussions in the nfl, so I doubt he is really looking to get into a high stress coaching position.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/11/as-memory-fades-ex-redskin-stephen-davis-sues/?page=1

Davis is going to be really great. I think he will be an elite talent by the time he gets on the plains. He will be a huge safety or star.....or and Mikey might like this, he just may grow into a LB.

kids of former running backs playing LB on defense....smarter than their dads it seems.

• 2 months later...

Bump. Davis visited this past weekend for the SC game. Tavien Feaster RB from SC was here too. They are friends. How was their visit? Were they together and is Davis recruiting Feaster? I understand Davis has been recruiting for AU.

Bump. Davis visited this past weekend for the SC game. Tavien Feaster RB from SC was here too. They are friends. How was their visit? Were they together and is Davis recruiting Feaster? I understand Davis has been recruiting for AU.

1. Davis was not interviewed yet so be patient. Feaster's interview is premium so we'll likely have to wait til the AUC Recruiting podcast later today before his visit info is public. 2. Did not look to be together in the pics I saw and don't know if Davis is recruiting Feaster specifically.

Has anyone heard what his dad does now? maybe he could join ours staff if spot ever opened up.

seems pretty unlikely. He has had a pretty rough go of it from getting too many concussions in the nfl, so I doubt he is really looking to get into a high stress coaching position.

http://www.washingto...is-sues/?page=1

That is actually a sad article, I hope the best for him. Makes me glad I never continued playing football I think I would be in the same boat now I just have back and leg problems

Makes me wonder

http://www.washingto...is-sues/?page=1

That is actually a sad article, I hope the best for him. Makes me glad I never continued playing football I think I would be in the same boat now I just have back and leg problems

Makes me wonder why he lets his kid play. I know I would not.

• 3 months later...

Poppa will be pleased when Junior hits the field no doubt!

• 3 months later...

On paper, we have one of the best recruiting staffs in the country. It's time for these guys to step up and earn their money! I have confidence that they'll put together a solid class come February. But these slow starts are frustrating to watch when other schools are already starting to load up.

Ditto this...and this guy's a legacy. No matter what Clemson's throwing at Davis right now, I'm disappointed at the general course of events right now.

He isn't talking about Clemson.

Just FSU/UCLA is all I've seen recently.

Could be him having fun and wanting to see things, or he is serious and "looking".

Said he talked to Gus last week, but admitted it was his fault he hadn't talked to T-Rob as much.

'Cruitin! Love it or, get a Kindle!

Hope we can hang on to this kid. But recruiting has its ups and downs. I have full faith in our staff

Wow. People go from freaking out angry/disappointed to freaking not giving a crap.

JDUB. Dixie -- you better get with one of those programs. We can't have any measured responses around here. It's the recruiting board, in case you forgot!

Wow. People go from freaking out angry/disappointed to freaking not giving a crap.

JDUB. Dixie -- you better get with one of those programs. We can't have any measured responses around here. It's the recruiting board, in case you forgot!

I am just not going to freak out the first week in May. (Not about THIS anyway)

OK I didn't sleep any last night over this. I had to go see a doctor when Nate Craig decommitted. WE CANT RECRUIT . WE CANT WIN. WE CANT DO ANYTHING. WE WILL NEVER WIN AGAIN. CLOSE THE PROGRAM

Should we seriously consider just forfeiting the 2015 season?

We all know that AU has never won anything when we weren't the #1 class several years running... :sad2:

IF I understand his comment...AU has recruited too many good DBs...then guess I'm not too worried.....seems we might not need him anyway? I'll check back in about a year.

On paper, we have one of the best recruiting staffs in the country. It's time for these guys to step up and earn their money! I have confidence that they'll put together a solid class come February. But these slow starts are frustrating to watch when other schools are already starting to load up.

Not just on paper. Chill out folks, we will be fine.

Stephen Davis Jr. did not say he is going somewhere else, just that perhaps he committed too early.

His reason? We are signing too many good DBs. How is that a problem exactly?

Archived