2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

People seem to be gong off on tangents as to what position we should pursue him at. Currently he is rated as an athlete he is 6'3 to 6'4" tall depending on the site you look at and 202 pounds to 215 pounds again depending on the site you look at. We are recruiting him at Safety the size he currently has along with his speed makes him a really solid safety. He is in that tweeen state where he could grow into a linebacker. Because of his Safety Skills if he continued getting heavier he would be an ideal coverage Linebacker.

I have reviewed some of his film and he is a football player. I think any program would be glad to get him. I hope he sticks with us and our coaches still want him.

Anytime a player shows signs of changing their minds the same things happen. Some posters go into a meltdown woe is Auburn we don't know how to recruit. Some others say coaches are not really pursuing kid that hard anymore (sometimes true sometimes not) and we don't really want him anymore. We seem to forget these are kids and this is a big decision and it is not always easy. We tend to lambast players who leave us and go somewhere else but we praise players who see the light and decide to change commitment to Auburn.

Basically what happens is as players visit other places sometimes they find out they like someplace better than Auburn or the other way that they like Auburn better than other places. Like I said earlier I wiould love to get this kid one because he is a player and two because he is a legacy but whatever happens I wish him nothing but the best.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to be gong off on tangents as to what position we should pursue him at. Currently he is rated as an athlete he is 6'3 to 6'4" tall depending on the site you look at and 202 pounds to 215 pounds again depending on the site you look at. We are recruiting him at Safety the size he currently has along with his speed makes him a really solid safety. He is in that tweeen state where he could grow into a linebacker. Because of his Safety Skills if he continued getting heavier he would be an ideal coverage Linebacker.

I have reviewed some of his film and he is a football player. I think any program would be glad to get him. I hope he sticks with us and our coaches still want him.

Anytime a player shows signs of changing their minds the same things happen. Some posters go into a meltdown woe is Auburn we don't know how to recruit. Some others say coaches are not really pursuing kid that hard anymore (sometimes true sometimes not) and we don't really want him anymore. We seem to forget these are kids and this is a big decision and it is not always easy. We tend to lambast players who leave us and go somewhere else but we praise players who see the light and decide to change commitment to Auburn.

Basically what happens is as players visit other places sometimes they find out they like someplace better than Auburn or the other way that they like Auburn better than other places. Like I said earlier I wiould love to get this kid one because he is a player and two because he is a legacy but whatever happens I wish him nothing but the best.

:bow:

:bow:/>

I like your post. I think it is a huge loss if Davis goes elsewhere. We have another safety leaving AU today. We need players and Davis is good and he is a legacy. The staff needs to show him some love.

:bow:/>

I like your post. I think it is a huge loss if Davis goes elsewhere. We have another safety leaving AU today. We need players and Davis is good and he is a legacy. The staff needs to show him some love.

Kid committed to the last D staff. There is a question on where he fits in CWM's scheme, from both sides, and has decided to look around with the blessing of AU.

And all of this legacy talk is funny. The Davis family isn't very close to AU anymore.

This wouldn't be much of a discussion of he were not a legacy.

I'll take good football players, glad he's committed for now

This wouldn't be much of a discussion of he were not a legacy.

I'll take good football players, glad he's committed for now

Don't be disappointed when he de-commits in the next month or so.

How would you know if an entire family not close to an entire university anymore?

How would you know if an entire family not close to an entire university anymore?

I would remind you he has contacts close to the program but I know that's not something you'll believe.

E I'm not about to argue with you, don't throw shots at me and I won't at you. Nothing about any exchanges I've ever had with you had to do with me not believing someone has contacts with Auburn's program

E I'm not about to argue with you, don't throw shots at me and I won't at you. Nothing about any exchanges I've ever had with you had to do with me not believing someone has contacts with Auburn's program

I apologize it was communicated as a shot. That was not my intent. I could have sworn I have had multiple discussions & disagreements w/ you or your account about insiders but I guess I was mistaken. My bad.

With the additional guys that are now transferring out I would think our thinness in the secondary gives him more opportunity when he comes in.

With the additional guys that are now transferring out I would think our thinness in the secondary gives him more opportunity when he comes in.

It would if he comes in.

The Davis family has never been real close to AU. I think Davis SR's first time back to AU since he left was last year. And Davis Sr didn't do AU any favors with Lattimore. This isn't rocket science.

Apparently it is if you used lattimore's recruitment just now

At the time of Lattimore's recruitment there was ZERO indication that Davis helped Auburn. The best that can be said is that there were no stories about Davis hurting AU's chances. I don't see him as any kind of supporter.

I can't claim to know exactly who WDE talks to, but what I can tell you is that whoever it is, they are right 9 times out of 10. Actually, the only thing I can remember him being wrong about was 'that kid' who lied to everyone, and got offended when people were mad...went to AHS...dad was still mad 30 years later that Bo was better...can't recall his name...??

Other than that...

I can't claim to know exactly who WDE talks to, but what I can tell you is that whoever it is, they are right 9 times out of 10. Actually, the only thing I can remember him being wrong about was 'that kid' who lied to everyone, and got offended when people were mad...went to AHS...dad was still mad 30 years later that Bo was better...can't recall his name...??

Other than that...

And everyone who was in the know at the time was wrong. The day that He Who Shall Not Be Named broke AUF.

At the time of Lattimore's recruitment there was ZERO indication that Davis helped Auburn. The best that can be said is that there were no stories about Davis hurting AU's chances. I don't see him as any kind of supporter.

SD did the right thing w/ ML & told him to make the decision ML felt was best for him. Auburn fans shouldn't be jaded for SD doing that IMO.

Other than that...

Ben Edwards & a couple others. But yeah, not often wrong.

SD did the right thing w/ ML & told him to make the decision ML felt was best for him. Auburn fans shouldn't be jaded for SD doing that IMO.

So, who else has he "helped" Auburn recruit? At what functions do we see SD touting Auburn? If the statement posted above is correct he's been here once in 20 years and that's because he has a son that's interested.

I'd be jaded at any former Auburn student that left here after gaining considerable benefit from his Auburn years and acted like he didn't give a hoot about AU. Soldiers, astronauts, athletes and the like give a shout out to AU when given the opportunity. From SD, nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if my perennially broke son has donated more $ to Auburn than has Davis.

So, who else has he "helped" Auburn recruit? At what functions do we see SD touting Auburn? If the statement posted above is correct he's been here once in 20 years and that's because he has a son that's interested.

I'd be jaded at any former Auburn student that left here after gaining considerable benefit from his Auburn years and acted like he didn't give a hoot about AU. Soldiers, astronauts, athletes and the like give a shout out to AU when given the opportunity. From SD, nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if my perennially broke son has donated more $ to Auburn than has Davis.

Please think back to the way Bowden used (or did not use) SD during his time at AU. An unbelievable talent wasted with perhaps 10 - 12 carries per game. It was SD's pure God-given ability that allowed him to do the things he did once he got to the NFL. So I'm sure he doesn't have the fondness for AU that other players have. So I can't totally blame him for not being our biggest cheerleader.

This. The only thing he did was show decency and character. He didn't exert any undue influence.

Please think back to the way Bowden used (or did not use) SD during his time at AU. An unbelievable talent wasted with perhaps 10 - 12 carries per game. It was SD's pure God-given ability that allowed him to do the things he did once he got to the NFL. So I'm sure he doesn't have the fondness for AU that other players have. So I can't totally blame him for not being our biggest cheerleader.

Davis gained 2,811 rushing yards and scored 34 TD's at Auburn. He had 488 rushing attempts in 3 seasons. Hardly wasted.

SD did a little more than that. And my info on this came directly from Thig & Trooper. SD told Lattimore that he would not have gone to AU if he had the chance now to decide. Didn't have much nice things to say about AU. Lattimore was going to AU and SD advice turned him away.

Archived