2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Apparently it is if you used lattimore's recruitment just now

At the time of Lattimore's recruitment there was ZERO indication that Davis helped Auburn. The best that can be said is that there were no stories about Davis hurting AU's chances. I don't see him as any kind of supporter.

SD did the right thing w/ ML & told him to make the decision ML felt was best for him. Auburn fans shouldn't be jaded for SD doing that IMO.

This. The only thing he did was show decency and character. He didn't exert any undue influence.

Decency and character? Lol.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the time of Lattimore's recruitment there was ZERO indication that Davis helped Auburn. The best that can be said is that there were no stories about Davis hurting AU's chances. I don't see him as any kind of supporter.

SD did the right thing w/ ML & told him to make the decision ML felt was best for him. Auburn fans shouldn't be jaded for SD doing that IMO.

SD did a little more than that. And my info on this came directly from Thig & Trooper. SD told Lattimore that he would not have gone to AU if he had the chance now to decide. Didn't have much nice things to say about AU. Lattimore was going to AU and SD advice turned him away.

Thanks! This is the first that has been said on that. There were great insiders at the time on AuburnEagle that were close to the staff in Sportstalk & Mayor. I'm surprised ST & Mayor didn't post it back then given the deep & accurate nuggets they had & posted back then. Mayor specifically was close to the ML sitch. There is speculative evidence to support your info. Mayor & ST had ML as high as 85% to AU w/ in a week of NSD before things seemed to fall apart in a hurry.

SD did a little more than that. And my info on this came directly from Thig & Trooper. SD told Lattimore that he would not have gone to AU if he had the chance now to decide. Didn't have much nice things to say about AU. Lattimore was going to AU and SD advice turned him away.

Thanks for the specifics. I'd heard he hindered rather than helped with Lattimore but I wasn't privy to the details. Also, as noted above he's been conspicuous by his absence for 20 years.

Lattimore was on Finebaum and said that the reason he did not choose AU was because he didn't want to compete with Dyer. From his own mouth on Finebaum, no link.

Lattimore was on Finebaum and said that the reason he did not choose AU was because he didn't want to compete with Dyer. From his own mouth on Finebaum, no link.

Yeah I heard that a week or so ago. He came right out and said he didn't want to share carries with anyone. He thought Dyer was a great talent and that AU was a good team but he wanted to carry the rock.

Wish we would have gotten Lattimore. Great RB, great guy. He would have been a nice 1-2 punch with Dyer. He probably would have beat out Dyer, but oddly enough because of injury, Dyer has had and will have a better career.

That would mean ML's mother just lied, for no reason at all. Sorry I can't believe that.

Right so to believe the other stuff would mean he and his mother just lied....I appreciate the stuff everybody do and bring but I know for a fact some stuff gets twisted on here more than likely because it pass through so many mouths. But imo if you're going to speak against a person's character if you didn't hear it yourself I don't see a reason to get on the web and make accusations. It's fickle.

But encouraged his son to go there ?

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/03/son_of_former_auburn_great_ste.html

I think Davis ends up at Clemson. Hope I'm wrong.

Right so to believe the other stuff would mean he and his mother just lied....I appreciate the stuff everybody do and bring but I know for a fact some stuff gets twisted on here more than likely because it pass through so many mouths. But imo if you're going to speak against a person's character if you didn't hear it yourself I don't see a reason to get on the web and make accusations. It's fickle.

I personally don't know who, if anyone, lied. I do know what I heard on Finescum from ML mouth. He definitely said he didn't want to split carries with anyone. TIFWIW

I personally don't know who, if anyone, lied. I do know what I heard on Finescum from ML mouth. He definitely said he didn't want to split carries with anyone. TIFWIW

Well in the recruiting process he definitely said multiple times Dyer committed to AU would not be a factor at all so take both those statements w/ a huge grain of salt.

Bottom line is we will never likely know the true ML story from all sides. It's been bantered about on here & the old AU Eagle off and on for 5 years now. It's just best to put it to bed. Besides it has no baring on Stephen Davis Jr or his recruitment so it would be nice to get back to the thread topic at hand which is SDJ.

Lattimore was AU's #1 target and would have got the bulk of the carries. Like I said this came directly from the two coaches that recruited Lattimore to AU. Both thought Dyer was good but not near the talent Lattimore had.

And I bet Lattimore wished he had another back to share the load while he was at SC. Kid was run into the ground.

way behind UCLA, FSU and USCe.

Not according to Davis himself. CU is gaining steam.

Not in articles the past week. WEAU is correct.

Lattimore was AU's #1 target and would have got the bulk of the carries. Like I said this came directly from the two coaches that recruited Lattimore to AU. Both thought Dyer was good but not near the talent Lattimore had.

And I bet Lattimore wished he had another back to share the load while he was at SC. Kid was run into the ground.

That was tough to watch. Chewed him up and spit him out, but I'm not sure Lattimore would give a single carry back if he could.

I'm curious if AU staff valued Lattimore that much more because of the massive disparity between the two in the between-the-ears department.

That was tough to watch. Chewed him up and spit him out, but I'm not sure Lattimore would give a single carry back if he could.

I'm curious if AU staff valued Lattimore that much more because of the massive disparity between the two in the between-the-ears department.

Ok. Please take the Lattimore discussion somewhere else. I'm sure there's a thread on him in the Rivals section. This is well beyond overkill in a thread about a different subject.

1 more ML post & this thread gets locked for a bit.

Lattimore.

Jesus Christ.

Have you read the last 5 pages? Even though you are new to the discussion it is overkill as a whole.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Stephen-Davis-Jr-Clemson-visit-eye-opening-13750

http://www.tigernet....e-opening-13750

He barely mentioned Clemson to national reporters in a VIP article done days ago. It was the teams mentioned in the article you posted: FSU, UCLA, & SCar. Likely more accurate right now since they are less biased than a Clemson site.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know what changed but I noticed he got his 4th *.

He got a slight bump on ESPN or 247 only rankings. He only needed to move up 1 spot on any site to get a 4th *. Thread title updated.

Archived