2016 3* LB/S Stephen Davis Jr.

EagleDamnWar

Would likely be a SAM for us by the time he gets here, wouldn't he?

Reminds me of Derrick Moncrief physically.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think with Stephen Davis as is father, he shouldn't have too hard a time putting on muscle. I'm not jumping off the new scoreboard support structure just yet remember it's only the fifth month, signing day is in the second month next year

OK I didn't sleep any last night over this. I had to go see a doctor when Nate Craig decommitted. WE CANT RECRUIT . WE CANT WIN. WE CANT DO ANYTHING. WE WILL NEVER WIN AGAIN. CLOSE THE PROGRAM

Should we seriously consider just forfeiting the 2015 season?

We all know that AU has never won anything when we weren't the #1 class several years running... :sad2:

That's the spirit!

:hellyeah::sad2::hellyeah:

Britt, you must love that guy 'xAuBuRn" on AUC! That guy is a psychiatrist's wet dream.

Starts 10-12 threads a day, and half will be celebratory, and the other half he is calling for firings.

:ucrazy:

The thing that gets me is that right now we only have 2 DB commits for THIS class. Davis, who is a Safety, and Broussard, a Corner. We are gonna lose several of our contributors after this year, so the field would be pretty wide open next year. Plus, we are apparently looking to get longer/taller in the secondary which looks good for Davis. Though I do agree with above who said he looks like he might end up at a LB spot when all is said and done.

The thing that gets me is that right now we only have 2 DB commits for THIS class. Davis, who is a Safety, and Broussard, a Corner. We are gonna lose several of our contributors after this year, so the field would be pretty wide open next year. Plus, we are apparently looking to get longer/taller in the secondary which looks good for Davis. Though I do agree with above who said he looks like he might end up at a LB spot when all is said and done.

Not necessaily true. At Corner they want guys who are already physical & have man skills. At safety they want guys who are already physical & have good instincts. Size would be great but it's not a premium w/ this staff as it was w/ the previous staff. I have a theory that SDJ is not the priority w/ this D staff as he was w/ the previous D staff but I have no concrete info yet to back that up.

I have a theory that SDJ is not the priority w/ this D staff as he was w/ the previous D staff but I have no concrete info yet to back that up.

Thanks for the input E. That could very well be the likely thought process. Appreciate the response.

Not necessaily true. At Corner they want guys who are already physical & have man skills. At safety they want guys who are already physical & have good instincts. Size would be great but it's not a premium w/ this staff as it was w/ the previous staff. I have a theory that SDJ is not the priority w/ this D staff as he was w/ the previous D staff but I have no concrete info yet to back that up.

I agree with your theory. jmo

I read that Stephen says he committed to Auburn too early and he wants to visit UCLA and Florida State. I wish coach Malzahn and his staff would take the same kind of stand that saban and his staff takes. After you commit to uat, your recruiting is closed. However, if you still take visits after committed to uat, then they will start recruiting other guys to take his scholarship offer.

Doesn't Stephen realize h could play RB for Auburn? He's surely big enough. Heck UCLA or FSU could promise him a spot a DB but in a year 2,the could change him to a RB cause I'm sure he'll get bigger and stroger as time rolls on.

I read that Stephen says he committed to Auburn too early and he wants to visit UCLA and Florida State. I wish coach Malzahn and his staff would take the same kind of stand that saban and his staff takes. After you commit to uat, your recruiting is closed. However, if you still take visits after committed to uat, then they will start recruiting other guys to take his scholarship offer.

They never stop recruiting other guys and there are multiple cases to prove it.

Doesn't Stephen realize h could play RB for Auburn?

He actually can't as things stand now. He is not a RB target for Auburn.

Doesn't Stephen realize h could play RB for Auburn? He's surely big enough. Heck UCLA or FSU could promise him a spot a DB but in a year 2,the could change him to a RB cause I'm sure he'll get bigger and stroger as time rolls on.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want to sign Jr. but if he is dead set on playing S, or being told he is, I hope we would play along. It just seems like we see legacies become stars elsewhere too often.

If we can't use him at RB, he has the size for a WR and he could grow into a TE.

Have the size to do something & the skills to do the task are seperate things.

If we can't use him at RB, he has the size for a WR and he could grow into a TE.

Or even beef up and play center.

Ok I am getting a little confused. He stated that he may have committed a little early and that he is only 70% committed now. Then everybody goes into a huff and some even say maybe we really don't want him. The last I looked 70% committed is still strongly in our camp. Why does everybody always assume the worst and then overreact. Maybe the overreaction is what sometimes causes the kids to change their minds for sure.

Ok I am getting a little confused. He stated that he may have committed a little early and that he is only 70% committed now. Then everybody goes into a huff and some even say maybe we really don't want him. The last I looked 70% committed is still strongly in our camp. Why does everybody always assume the worst and then overreact. Maybe the overreaction is what sometimes causes the kids to change their minds for sure.

247, Rivals and Scout didn't consider him as soft verbal. FWIW.

Ok I am getting a little confused. He stated that he may have committed a little early and that he is only 70% committed now. Then everybody goes into a huff and some even say maybe we really don't want him. The last I looked 70% committed is still strongly in our camp. Why does everybody always assume the worst and then overreact.

There is more info in the 70% article that is paysite VIP. The VIP can't be posted on AUF. That's where my theory comes from, maybe Golf & Bird have that info as well. Knowing them their opinions likely come from some close to or in the AU program.
Maybe the overreaction is what sometimes causes the kids to change their minds for sure.
Nope. Kids, nor more importantly their parents who have to sign the NLIs also, don't make their college choices based on fan overreaction.

247, Rivals and Scout didn't consider him as soft verbal. FWIW.

Not like they are reliable to even try to make those statuses accurate so w/ all due respect it's not worth anything.

So basically offer him and recruit him regardless of whether or not he is a priority? I'd rather not

Archived