WCWS Finals vs. Oklahoma - Game 3

Oh well. Defense still wins championships. Anyone else notice the AU crowd was silent while the OU crowd was wild in the last inning? That was disheartening.

Didn't see anything like that....AU crowd was with the team the entire way.....but maybe the fact that the game was in Oklahoma where about 90 % of the crowd was for the Sooners might have been a factor. AU fans did a great job .....sorry to see this kind of comment.

They didn't show the AU crowd once after the 5th that I can recall. I can guarantee you they were getting after it. No one who watches this team believes they are ever out of it.

Yes...always seems to be a few people here whose first impulse is to make some negative comment about the performance of the team or fans or something AU related. I can't understand that mentality. ...but it's definitely out there.

Meanwhile, Courtney Shea was devastated after her out.....hope she gets over that soon because she and the team have a lot to be proud of.

We are all disappointed in the outcome. AU put themselves in positions to get runs and maybe win. It didn't happen. That sometimes brings out the negative in us (very guilty myself). But in my disappointment tonight, it's not at AU, the fans, the umps (believe it or not), or the coaches. It's just in the outcome. This team was all Auburn. They represented extremely well, not just in wins, but in heart, attitude, and presence.

They won't go on to make a million dollars to play their sport, they will go on the be engineers, doctors, teachers, coaches, and moms. And Auburn has prepared them for that. They will tell the story of Game 2, the SEC tournament, the super regionals, and even this loss and look back with joy, not sadness. Neither should we.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well. Defense still wins championships. Anyone else notice the AU crowd was silent while the OU crowd was wild in the last inning? That was disheartening.

Didn't see anything like that....AU crowd was with the team the entire way.....but maybe the fact that the game was in Oklahoma where about 90 % of the crowd was for the Sooners might have been a factor. AU fans did a great job .....sorry to see this kind of comment.

Sorry to see this response. I was listening carefully. I heard a different crowd earlier in the game. It is what it is. Sorry you didn't catch it. I think it was just exhaustion from the roller coaster and we all ran out of gas, fans included. No need to get snarky.

That's OK....no apologies.....sorry to see that comment about disheartening which I think was unnecessary.....Auburn had a good contingent of fans considering the travel involved and everyone was pulling 100 percent for the team and the TV coverage was heavily skewed toward Oklahoma...which obviously had the most fans.

A little brown nosing on WT, thanks for the play by play all year.....Fine job. Damn well dedicated. Thanks.

Thanks WT.

A little brown nosing on WT, thanks for the play by play all year.....Fine job. Damn well dedicated. Thanks.

Agreed. Well done and thank you.

I vote WT for radio man, if I can do color commentary. I bet he has a face for radio.

Sorry to see this response. I was listening carefully. I heard a different crowd earlier in the game. It is what it is. Sorry you didn't catch it. I think it was just exhaustion from the roller coaster and we all ran out of gas, fans included. No need to get snarky.

That's OK....no apologies.....sorry to see that comment about disheartening which I think was unnecessary.....Auburn had a good contingent of fans considering the travel involved and everyone was pulling 100 percent for the team and the TV coverage was heavily skewed toward Oklahoma...which obviously had the most fans.

Yep. OU was the home team in more ways than one, but the crowd still looked 60/40 in spite of it being in their backyard. I wish I could have been there.

We just ran into a beast of a pitcher who beat everyone in her path.

I actually thought Martin out pitched her. The 2 runs were not her fault. Take nothing from Parker, the bats weren't good against her again. That's not a coincidence.

Shes won 27 in a row, definitely not a coincidence.

They didn't show the AU crowd once after the 5th that I can recall. I can guarantee you they were getting after it. No one who watches this team believes they are ever out of it.

Yes...always seems to be a few people here whose first impulse is to make some negative comment about the performance of the team or fans or something AU related. I can't understand that mentality. ...but it's definitely out there.

Meanwhile, Courtney Shea was devastated after her out.....hope she gets over that soon because she and the team have a lot to be proud of.

We are all disappointed in the outcome. AU put themselves in positions to get runs and maybe win. It didn't happen. That sometimes brings out the negative in us (very guilty myself). But in my disappointment tonight, it's not at AU, the fans, the umps (believe it or not), or the coaches. It's just in the outcome. This team was all Auburn. They represented extremely well, not just in wins, but in heart, attitude, and presence.

They won't go on to make a million dollars to play their sport, they will go on the be engineers, doctors, teachers, coaches, and moms. And Auburn has prepared them for that. They will tell the story of Game 2, the SEC tournament, the super regionals, and even this loss and look back with joy, not sadness. Neither should we.

Well said Jared. War Eagle!!

Have to hand it to Oklahoma. They had a flawless team.

-Stud reliable pitcher

-Statitocslly Best defense in the nation

- Weakest hitter still had a .326 batting average

All that said, we still could've beat them all three games.

We didn't have a stud pitcher, and we had a weak bottom of the lineup but we had heart.

OU basically had home field advantage in OKC

With the ability for Parker to go to their campus daily for an ice bath to rejuvinate. I'm not sure that is fair but it is what it is.

With the ability for Parker to go to their campus daily for an ice bath to rejuvinate. I'm not sure that is fair but it is what it is.

Is it normal these days for any pitcher anywhere to pitch as much as she did in the wcws? Don't know how her arm held up. Hell she claimed to be 30 percent yesterday and then pitched 7 innings with only 1 run today against a great offensive team. That's damn near inhuman.

Have to hand it to Oklahoma. They had a flawless team.

-Stud reliable pitcher

-Statitocslly Best defense in the nation

- Weakest hitter still had a .326 batting average

All that said, we still could've beat them all three games.

We didn't have a stud pitcher, and we had a weak bottom of the lineup but we had heart.

Absolutely!! Our lineup is not equal to theirs but we had the heart and desire to win. I am still very proud of this team. I hate that they couldn't finish the job. My disappointment is with them. WAR EAGLE LADIES!!! Hold your heads high, be proud of where you were and what you accomplished.

Great season for this team. Hate it for the ladies that they didn't get to experience the thrill of winning it all, but most of them will have another chance. I've had plenty of thrills watching this team this year. Can't wait for next year. I like what Jared said above. And yes, reason will at some point intrude, and Courtney Shea will realize she made only one out of 21 made.

Enjoyed reading all the comments on this board, which I only recently found. War Eagle!

Is it normal these days for any pitcher anywhere to pitch as much as she did in the wcws? Don't know how her arm held up. Hell she claimed to be 30 percent yesterday and then pitched 7 innings with only 1 run today against a great offensive team. That's damn near inhuman.

It's not normal to pitch that much but she isn't the first one to do it. I have always been a proponent of changing the pitching rules in softball. I know the motion is not as stressful as a baseball pitcher but that can't be good for the shoulder, elbow and wrist.

[ My disappointment is NOT with them

FIFY. Pretty sure that's how you meant it anyways :thumbsup:

These girls were amazing. Wish they had 2 more runs in them but it just wasn't there. Yesterday's win will always be one of the best baseball/softball games I've ever seen. WDE ladies!

It's not normal to pitch that much but she isn't the first one to do it. I have always been a proponent of changing the pitching rules in softball. I know the motion is not as stressful as a baseball pitcher but that can't be good for the shoulder, elbow and wrist.

Didn't figure she was the first ever, but she sure wouldn't have gone from 30 percent to a 1 run 7 innings in 1 day in Auburn...Not only did she have the ice baths...she the entire OU sports medicine staff at her disposal. Just a lucky bonus of your state being the home of the World Series. Auburn will NEVER have that bonus. Not real sure why Oklahoma got it to begin with...central location I suppose :dunno: They should move it around like they do every other sports championship games. Here's to hoping we get back there next year and don't have to face the home team again.

[ My disappointment is NOT with them

FIFY. Pretty sure that's how you meant it anyways :thumbsup:

These girls were amazing. Wish they had 2 more runs in them but it just wasn't there. Yesterday's win will always be one of the best baseball/softball games I've ever seen. WDE ladies!

Well it didn't sound exactly like I meant for it to. What I meant was that the girls are disappointed and I am disappointed along with them. I am in no way disappointed in them, their performances or their efforts.

Didn't figure she was the first ever, but she sure wouldn't have gone from 30 percent to a 1 run 7 innings in 1 day in Auburn...Not only did she have the ice baths...she the entire OU sports medicine staff at her disposal. Just a lucky bonus of your state being the home of the World Series. Auburn will NEVER have that bonus. Not real sure why Oklahoma got it to begin with...central location I suppose :dunno: They should move it around like they do every other sports championship games. Here's to hoping we get back there next year and don't have to face the home team again.

It will probably always be there. The are no other strictly Softball facilities that compare to it. The Softball Hall of Fame is right there on the grounds. OKC also pays big money to the NCAA to keep it there.

What a heck of an at-bat by Courtney Shea. Hangs in there on the nation's best pitcher off the bench and hits one hard that really should've gotten through. Second base just made an outstanding play. Hard to see it end that way, but that girl's got guts!

Anyone have the link to the post game press conference? I want to watch it. I know they handled well. That is how they have been all year. Very well mannered ladies even in defeat.

I hope those of you that decided to show up only for the championship series will actually show up for games during the entire season next year. We begin the season in February.

:thumbsup: Thanks for all of your work throughout the year, it IS appreciated.

Anyone have the link to the post game press conference? I want to watch it. I know they handled well. That is how they have been all year. Very well mannered ladies even in defeat.

It was supposed to be on ESPNU after the game but it wasn't.

I have not read all the post, so my apologies if this has already been stated. Proud of the Auburn fans that did not go to the game. The softball arena was about full, not good at estimating crowd numbers, but it the capacity is 2300, there were over 2,000 in attendance to watch the game. The stadium announcer was present and he great job with leading cheers, and information that was provided during the game. The crowd was excited and it was a great place to watch the game. I plan to go back this evening and welcome this outstanding team back home and give them the respect they earned and deserve, all heads should be held high.

I actually thought Martin out pitched her. The 2 runs were not her fault. Take nothing from Parker, the bats weren't good against her again. That's not a coincidence.

I thought she did too. I'll take that kind of pitching any day of the week. OKs two runs were unearned. Paige Parker will get all the credit but she was matched pitch for pitch by our freshman. Great job Makayla. See you next season!

I thought she did too. I'll take that kind of pitching any day of the week. OKs two runs were unearned. Paige Parker will get all the credit but she was matched pitch for pitch by our freshman. Great job Makayla. See you next season!

Agreed. She had a few wild pitches that had me nervous but she really did great.

Archived