WCWS Finals vs. Oklahoma - Game 3

WAR DAMN EAGLE for the 2016 AUBURN SOFTBALL TIGERS... NEW School record for wins in a season and finish the year 58-12.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job ladies. Congrats to OU

Indeed. War Eagle!!

Great season, hate to come up short, but hell of a job from the girls and coaches.

On a side note I hated the media calling us the "team of destiny" last night. Heard all that in 2013 and we came up just short, like tonight.

Bases loaded and no outs comes back with a vengeance. Wow.

I will likely never get over that. It's almost guaranteed that you get at least one run in that situation. And we get nothing..give up two runs and lose by one. Unbelievable.

I hope those of you that decided to show up only for the championship series will actually show up for games during the entire season next year. We begin the season in February.

Gusty effort by Shea and the team. So proud of this team. We had opportunities. Amazing job by Martin. Absolutely shut them down.

Bases loaded and no outs comes back with a vengeance. Wow.

I will likely never get over that. It's almost guaranteed that you get at least one run in that situation. And we get nothing..give up two runs and lose by one. Unbelievable.

Not unbelievable against the #1 pitcher and #1 defense in the country. See you next year?

Oh well. Defense still wins championships. Anyone else notice the AU crowd was silent while the OU crowd was wild in the last inning? That was disheartening.

Didn't see anything like that....AU crowd was with the team the entire way.....but maybe the fact that the game was in Oklahoma where about 90 % of the crowd was for the Sooners might have been a factor. AU fans did a great job .....sorry to see this kind of comment.

Oh well. Defense still wins championships. Anyone else notice the AU crowd was silent while the OU crowd was wild in the last inning? That was disheartening.

Didn't see anything like that....AU crowd was with the team the entire way.....but maybe the fact that the game was in Oklahoma where about 90 % of the crowd was for the Sooners might have been a factor. AU fans did a great job .....sorry to see this kind of comment.

They didn't show the AU crowd once after the 5th that I can recall. I can guarantee you they were getting after it. No one who watches this team believes they are ever out of it.

We just ran into a beast of a pitcher who beat everyone in her path.

I actually thought Martin out pitched her. The 2 runs were not her fault. Take nothing from Parker, the bats weren't good against her again. That's not a coincidence.

We just ran into a beast of a pitcher who beat everyone in her path.

Not tonight ...... we committed 2 critical errors on defense early. We beat ourselves ....... With that said really proud of our girls this week. Hold your head high ladies, WDE

Not unbelievable against the #1 pitcher and #1 defense in the country. See you next year?

Yeah, and a team that all had over .300 batting average going into the series. Our pitching did great to keep the runs down for them and their pitcher kept our bats quiet overall. That is what a championship series should be like except AU should have won from my point of view.

They didn't show the AU crowd once after the 5th that I can recall. I can guarantee you they were getting after it. No one who watches this team believes they are ever out of it.

Yes...always seems to be a few people here whose first impulse is to make some negative comment about the performance of the team or fans or something AU related. I can't understand that mentality. ...but it's definitely out there.

Meanwhile, Courtney Shea was devastated after her out.....hope she gets over that soon because she and the team have a lot to be proud of.

If this were a 5 or 7 game series, AU wins 7 out of 10 times. Just not the way softball works and congrats to OU for getting through the tournament with on pitcher. She blanked a lot of teams and AU put a good bit of pressure on her.

Sorry to see this response. I was listening carefully. I heard a different crowd earlier in the game. It is what it is. Sorry you didn't catch it. I think it was just exhaustion from the roller coaster and we all ran out of gas, fans included. No need to get snarky.

I'm proud of this team and noooo doubt Myers gets Auburn back. He did it just about every year but 1 at AZ St. and 2 NCs.

2 one-run games. Very competitive series that could've swung either way. There should be nothing but pride for how we played. This series will significantly help AU softball recruiting. Very excited about out future.

2 one-run games. Very competitive series that could've swung either way. There should be nothing but pride for how we played. This series will significantly help AU softball recruiting. Very excited about out future.

Well said, including a play at the plate in the first game.

A little brown nosing on WT, thanks for the play by play all year.....Fine job. Damn well dedicated. Thanks.

Agreed. Well done and thank you.

Archived