Interview from SEC media days this morning

gr82b4au

So 105.5 in Mobile was interviewing a guy who works for AL.com this morning at SEC media days. I can't remember his name but it does not matter. They were asking him about AU. This guy was so clueless I almost thought that he was joking...but he wasn't. 

What do you think of Auburn this year? They will be worse than last year. (Me: well maybe, you never know)

He continues: Really it is their defense that will be worse. Much worse. Muschamp really turned it around last year and without him they are going to struggle. (Me: that is not what anyone else is hearing at all... but once again, I guess you never know)

He continues: I mean their offense will probably be really good for the first half of the season but will taper off, especially since I am hearing from my sources they are going to start the freshman QB Woody. (Me: OK I am at a loss here. First of all there is nobody at this point that is saying Woody will start. Nobody. Also, he has been on campus for 2 weeks. Also, Gus yesterday said he wanted to concentrate on the 3 "veteran" QBs which goes completely against what he said. Also, if we did start a true freshman, how would he have outstanding numbers to start the season in a new system but not later in the season? The entire interview was wrong. They could have interviewed my 9 year old niece who knows nothing about college football for better answers.)

Good ole AL.com beat reporters...

al.com sports "journalists" exist for one purpose, get bamzos to click on and comment on their "articles". I wouldn't worry one bit with their knowledge of the actual subject matter.

14 minutes ago, jared52 said:

al.com sports "journalists" exist for one purpose, get bamzos to click on and comment on their "articles". I wouldn't worry one bit with their knowledge of the actual subject matter.

Actually, their real purpose is to be the smoke screen in the machine. The fact that they generate massive amounts of click-bait for the unwashed masses, in the process, is just bonus for the bama fans overly needy egos.

Archived