Sean White named starting QB

WarTiger

I'm okay with this. 

Once again, I look to be in the minority but I think Sean throws the ball well.  Is there room for improvement? Of course there is but as others have said, all Sean can do is throw the ball.  The receivers have to catch it.  Both when it hit them in the numbers and when it don't.  Better production out of the WR play this season could make SW look like an All-American.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief. I've never seen such a group of fair weather fans in my whole life. Get behind SW and cheer for our team and coaches. 

Without a short leash, Sean will turn heads this year. Just give him time and support him. Or go cheer for another team.

45 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

When Franklin & Johnson come in for QB keepers, it won't be yanking him.

I wasn't referring to subbing for packages. More on the lines of benching too soon. Kind of like last year with Jeremy, IMO they should have let him play vs Miss St and if they still wanted the change let White start against San Jose St. 

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Good grief. I've never seen such a group of fair weather fans in my whole life. Get behind SW and cheer for our team and coaches. 

Without a short leash, Sean will turn heads this year. Just give him time and support him. Or go cheer for another team.

The length of the leash is up to Gus.....and probably reflects his level of confidence in the mental state of his QB and how he handles problems on the field.  Don't know about everyone else, but the QB shuffles last year probably did not help anyone....

JF3 needs to go to a position. We can't have his speed on the bench just for small packages imo. 

I'm a little surprised at the boards reaction. There have only been a few people on here that thought it would be Jeremy, including myself. Most of you guys thought it would be Sean, anyway...

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

JF3 needs to go to a position. We can't have his speed on the bench just for small packages imo. 

might be too early to make that call.....but sounds like he should be on the field....somewhere...but IMO, it will be several games before a decision is made until Gus has time to evaluate SW and JJ in action.

SW is the best QB at reading defenses. He just needs to have an offense that fits him. The experience will help him greatly. My only hope is that we don't run zone read with SW, if so then we are looking at a poor season.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Guess this isn't much of a surprise...but his leash might be short against Clemson....who knows..but that game should not be make or break for any of our QB...probably the toughest game for most of the season.

I hope he does well, and I agree. The Clemson game should not be a measure of his abilities too much. Clemson will probably go undefeated again and this time, win the title. 

1 hour ago, ohreally said:

Haters only hate.  Good luck SW and the other QB's that we know will play in the opener.

Hahaha. Passive aggressive hating. Go Sean! (but we know you're gonna get the hook).

I agree.  Don't keep anyone on a short lease.  Short leash in 2012 didn't work and last year it didn't as well.  I am extremely happy for Sean White.  Hate that Jeremy found out under the circumstances though.  I feel very good going into next Saturday.  Now we need to stop the negativeness and start rallying behind our team.  We need to show them we have their back and come next Saturday, we will hold up our end of the deal and make that stadium deafening.   

The pro JFIII crowd must be floored by this announcement.  Certainly that guy who "knows who the coaches want" should have seen this coming with all that inside info and all. 

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

SW is the best QB at reading defenses. He just needs to have an offense that fits him. The experience will help him greatly. My only hope is that we don't run zone read with SW, if so then we are looking at a poor season.

Malzahn and Lashlee won't be asking SW to run a Nick Marshall type offense.  There is much more to the Malzahn playbook than the zone read. And I really think people are missing the addition of Herb Hand, Malazhn's co-OC at Tulsa, to the mix on the coaching staff. There was a reason for that move.  We'll see an offense built around SW's strengths at QB, not an offense seeking to play to the strenghts of a QB from days gone by.

Just now, johnnyAU said:

The pro JFIII crowd must be floored by this announcement.  Certainly that guy who "knows who the coaches want" should have seen this coming with all that inside info and all. 

Nope. The pro JF3 crowd saw the potential, but the potential isn't always met. JF3 couldn't get the job done. I'll let austudent 23 answer for himself though since the second part of your statement was clearly aimed at him.

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Only took 5 posts for the complaining to start lol

If you could go back and look, He/it/shim/her probably complained on their 1st post and hasn't stopped.  

WAR DAMN EAGLE, SEAN WHITE!

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Malzahn and Lashlee won't be asking SW to run a Nick Marshall type offense.  There is much more to the Malzahn playbook than the zone read. And I really think people are missing the addition of Herb Hand, Malazhn's co-OC at Tulsa, to the mix on the coaching staff. There was a reason for that move.  We'll see an offense built around SW's strengths at QB, not an offense seeking to play to the strenghts of a QB from days gone by.

This is Exactly what I believe and am hoping for

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

And I really think people are missing the addition of Herb Hand, Malazhn's co-OC at Tulsa, to the mix on the coaching staff. There was a reason for that move.

Given that he is running game coordinator I must've missed it because I thought another QB wouldve benefited more from Herb's expertise.

Archived