Sean White named starting QB

WarTiger

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nope. The pro JF3 crowd saw the potential, but the potential isn't always met. JF3 couldn't get the job done. I'll let austudent 23 answer for himself though since the second part of your statement was clearly aimed at him.

I was just judging by the amount of talk coming from people who had witnessed practices.   JJ seemed to be out of the picture most of the fall practice...listed as 3rd and rarely a good word about him from the coaches.     I lacked faith in ability of JF3 to come in with almost no experience and take charge of the team...so that just left SW.  

Really did not matter to me...I'm good with either one until we see what they do on the field.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Is Tyler Queen still on this team?

I dont think tyler will ever start for Auburn.   Injury prone and just a slower version of white 

I was pulling for JJ to be honest. He is a senior and he hasn't given up and has stood tall, taking his licks  and handled it well! I hope Sean does great but please throw some  TD's!

17 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

SW is the best QB at reading defenses. He just needs to have an offense that fits him. The experience will help him greatly. My only hope is that we don't run zone read with SW, if so then we are looking at a poor season.

And that's the offense that Gus runs. It's what he knows. 

45+ pages of guessing what's gonna happen. It would not matter which one of the 3 names announce, people would be bitching and talking about keeping him on a short leash. How about we acknowledge the 3 QB's battled, the coaches made a decision and we as good Auburn Men and Women stand behind that decision, support the heck out of this team and see where this crazy bus goes. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nope. The pro JF3 crowd saw the potential, but the potential isn't always met. JF3 couldn't get the job done. I'll let austudent 23 answer for himself though since the second part of your statement was clearly aimed at him.

I don't even know why you give this guy any attention that he is seeking. I am happy for SW and I am eagerly waiting in anticipation to see what a healthy SW can do against a team of Clemson's stature.

Just now, DAG said:

I don't even know why you give this guy any attention that he is seeking. I am happy for SW and I am eagerly waiting in anticipation to see what a healthy SW can do against a team of Clemson's stature.

If anyone is an attention seeker, it's you.

8 minutes ago, logan adams said:

And that's the offense that Gus runs. It's what he knows. 

I hope we go back to the 2009 offense. I think SW can flourish within that scheme. Asking him to be a primarily read option QB will get him killed,IMO. Once upon a time CGM had the reputation of being one of the best in scheming an offense tailored to his QBs talent. Let's get back to that.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, I figured that's what all the disappointment was about with this announcement. I'm gonna go have a beer.

I'm way ahead of you on the beer

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hope we go back to the 2009 offense. I think SW can flourish within that scheme. Asking him to be a primarily QB read option will get him killed,IMO. Once upon a time CGM had the reputation of being one of the best in scheming an offense tailored to his QBs talent. Let's get back to that.

He won't be primarily a read option QB.  But he will run it more than he did last year.  They tried not to run him much last year because JJ was the only viable backup and he was a head case.  But Sean will have to burn a few folks keeping the ball from time to time to make this offense go.

35 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

I wasn't referring to subbing for packages. More on the lines of benching too soon. Kind of like last year with Jeremy, IMO they should have let him play vs Miss St and if they still wanted the change let White start against San Jose St. 

Johnson was given 2 extra games after the 3 INT atrocity against Louisville and still did not improve (6 INTs + 1 fumble in 3 games).

Anyone would have been benched after 7 turnovers given a decent backup.

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

I run a 4.7 and he barely beats me. :) 

I wish we would all realize there is a difference between speed in shorts versus pads.  Also change of pace, instinct or football sense. 

Sorry everyone, but these are all so much more important than flat 40 times.

From watching Sean he seems to have what I feel are the tools to be a success at this level.  If and I mean if Coach lets him loose we will be fine.  I'm no expert but I played the position for 12 years and was average at best; but I think or feel like I can watch someone in the position and almost sense what he senses if that makes any sense at all?

I enjoy all of the opinions but now that a decision is made it would seem we should now have 100% support as Auburn fans for Sean.  Sure hope no one is pulling against SW.  And if JJ or JF get in I'm all for them leading us.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He won't be primarily a read option QB.  But he will run it more than he did last year.  They tried not to run him much last year because JJ was the only viable backup and he was a head case.  But Sean will have to burn a few folks keeping the ball from time to time to make this offense go.

Hence why I said he should not being a primarily read option QB. a handful of reads here and there is fine, if it opens up. No?

Congrats to SW! I was hopping it would be JJ. Now lets hope CGM has him prepared and is going to let him run the offense without any worries unless its a total failure.

Just now, DAG said:

Hence not being a primarily read option QB. 

You said go back to the 2009 offense.  Chris Todd barely ran at all.  Sean will be expected run more than that.   

Just now, TitanTiger said:

You said go back to the 2009 offense.  Chris Todd barely ran at all.  Sean will be expected run more than that.   

Chris Todd ran when it was necessary and they did, in fact, have designed QB sneaks for him, which he ran for success. I would hope SW would be given this same opportunity. Quite honestly dude, I don't care I just want SW to be successful and healthy. Holy crap some of you guys just want to argue.

Archived