Sean White named starting QB

WarTiger

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Piketiger1990 said:

I hope they show some confidence in White and don't yank him the first sign of trouble. 

When Franklin & Johnson come in for QB keepers, it won't be yanking him.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Me too

Agree...but hoping everyone is better this year...otherwise a year of experience has no value.  

Meanwhile bama still has not named its QB.....going to play both in the first two games according to al.com

Anyone that didn't see this coming was not reading what our insiders were saying along.I still see the other QB's playing as well in certain situations.Lets all get behind this team now and move forward and see what happens.

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

When Franklin & Johnson come in for QB keepers, it won't be yanking him.

But it sure will be telling the D what to expect.    Hoping we can just use KJ to provide that change of pace and not shuttling in a bunch of guys that enables the defense to adjust to them.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree...but hoping everyone is better this year...otherwise a year of experience has no value.  

Meanwhile bama still has not named its QB.....going to play both in the first two games according to al.com

That killed them doing it last year. Just sayin. 

I'll admit... I wanted Jeremy to start. But now that its over, I really hope Sean plays to his best, and we preform like a well oiled machine... With the white boy running the show.

Haha seriously now that its over, regardless of what side you were on, we need to unite around this young man. Hoping for him to fail or underperform is hoping for Auburn to fail or underperform. What good does that do?

WDE!

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We need SW to make our receivers better. We don't have a veteran playmakers on the edge. So it can't be vice versa.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We need SW to make our receivers better. We don't have a veteran playmakers on the edge. So it can't be vice versa.

I agree. I remember when he was recruited a scout noted that he throws his relievers open.  I hope that is still the case.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Congrats to Sean. 

Still, I gotta say... I'm not happy that Gus chose to go public with this the day after Jeremy lost his grandfather. I would have held off out of respect for what he is already going through... Now he's grieving and dealing with people asking him about this.

Both him and Johnson threw a lots of good balls that the receivers simply didn't catch. I don't know what else the QB can do?

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Stevens,  Davis and Smith are back and listed as starters...all had some success last year....hoping they are better too.  

Sean won the job. I hope the play calling serves him better than last year. Should be interesting. Lets get some use out of these receivers I've been hearing so much about. WDE Sean White!!

Just now, AU64 said:

Stevens,  Davis and Smith are back and listed as starters...all had some success last year....hoping they are better too.  

Yeah, lot more younger receivers will be getting looks than that. Definitely at the flanker. 

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess this isn't much of a surprise...but his leash might be short against Clemson....who knows..but that game should not be make or break for any of our QB...probably the toughest game for most of the season.

If it's short, we're in trouble. Let him be a QB.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If it's short, we're in trouble. Let him be a QB.

My thoughts exactly. I the coaching staff pulls the same stuff they did last year, we are screwed

33 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You put any other QB out there other than Sean, I'd probably be 

No, you wouldn't be happy for Tyler Queen either. 

Congrats Sean! 

1 minute ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

My thoughts exactly. I the coaching staff pulls the same stuff they did last year, we are screwed

Agree....but I'm afraid they might react to the perception that they are on the hot seat and not show much patience..... though certainly the Clemson game should not seal anyone's fate...QB or coaches.

12 minutes ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

Sean won the job. I hope the play calling serves him better than last year. Should be interesting. Lets get some use out of these receivers I've been hearing so much about. WDE Sean White!!

About to post the same.  First of all, Congrats to SW.

Second, Gus has had a successful offense every year but last year. I think he will turn it around. I hope we see much of the same offense we had with Chris Todd, but better. Last thing we need is to run the Nick Marshall offense this season if SW is out there. Use the WR. Use the screens. Use the fullback to block for the TB. Run reverses on first downs. Move people around and shift often. 

Be the coach that teams were afraid to face for years. I remember listening to Monty Kiffen talk about the GUS offense. He said it drove him crazy trying to defend it. 

Archived