Sean White Highlights

RunInRed

Just now, DAG said:

Whoo Cole you are on fire today. I wouldn't let some of these posters get to you my dude. Football season is around the corner. A lot will be answered from both sides. 

Dude so amped up on Sean he doesn't know what to do. I'm sure he's hiding in Sean's closet right now sniffing his dirty underwear

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought JJ was the choice but I am not disappointed with Sean. Dude is a gamer. He always keeps his eyes downfield, reads his progressions. The offense won't be a dynamic rushing attack like it was with NM but if Sean can pull the ball 6 - 8 times a game and get 5 - 10 yds per carry it won't matter. He is accurate in the short game and took a couple licks without hesitation. Plus it sounds like he wasn't prepared to run 40% of the playbook last year. 

47 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

It will be fun to revisit this thread in a couple months.

Are you kidding..... a couple of months give it a couple of weeks...............all the I told you so from pro/anti SW will be endless.

57 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You calling someone obtuse when your avatar is next to obtuse in Webster's. Priceless. You would really be better served to go to bammergumponline.com. Day in and day out that's exactly what you act like. 

Didn't Andy Dufresne get thrown in solitary confinement for a couple of months for calling the warden obtuse?  J/K

He will be crucified if he struggles and you won't hear a peep if he does well. Just like JF3 would have been if he was named the starter. There might be one or two post that say, "I was wrong".

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I understand what Jeff is saying. It would be in poor taste for Ricardo to have a highlight video jumping up and down wide open but the qb didn't see him

Stay away from the edge, I know this is a tough time for you.

I also believe you forgot to say: Sean, you were not my choice, but congrats and War Eagle!

I believe that Sean White's race is an issue with certain posters and they will never like him. Sure, he made mistakes last year, but he was a redshirt freshman and some seem to expect him to play like Joe Montana and seldom/never make a mistake.  We had receivers(and some are being defended in this thread) that couldn't catch the football and it didn't matter as to whom the QB was. How anyone could watch the LSU game, and the interview following it, and couldn't see that WE HAD TO MAKE a change at QB isn't being honest with themselves. I hope that Jeremy has overcome his issues and wins us some games if he is called upon.  I appreciate him staying around and fighting to be on this team and play.  I want the best player to play and I don't care if he is glowing silver. 

This is rich. So someone took the time to create a video of 'highlight' plays from last year of Auburn's current.starting qb. Here on the cusp of the new season. And it creates animosity among some of the brethren. Would someone please create a video of White's 'lowlights' also? Placing special emphasis on the endzone int against State and the two in the bowl game. For those among who wish to carp about White's failures as qb.

I believe there is 1 aspect of our offense we need to change, and 1 aspect of our offense we need to get cleaned up for Sean to have success this year.

1. Gus needs to allow Sean to run about 15-20% more of the time to help keep the defenses honest b/c last year we basically either handed the ball off to the running back, handed the ball off on the jet sweep, or passed, which allowed the defenses to have 1 less option of a threat to worry about covering on our offense.

2. Sean is a very accurate passer, and our new receivers need to step up and cut down on the dropped passes. It was ridiculous how many passes RL dropped in the Arky game alone, not to mention the other drops throughout the year. Not saying receivers are going to not have a drop here and there, but that was not an acceptable rate of dropped passes we had last year.

IMO, this is the only way I see us winning consistently with SW as the QB.

Watching this video I did forget that how he know where to go with the ball super quick so that makes me feel better, I still don't see the super accuracy thing though, it seems like he throws a little high. Looked like he hurt himself sliding one time, I hope somebody worked with him as far as KNOWING how to run. Getting out of bounds and sliding will be his best friend

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Watching this video I did forget that how he know where to go with the ball super quick so that makes me feel better, I still don't see the super accuracy thing though, it seems like he throws a little high. Looked like he hurt himself sliding one time, I hope somebody worked with him as far as KNOWING how to run. Getting out of bounds and sliding will be his best friend

I agree. It seemed like some of these "drops" that hit the receivers were thrown high or behind and the receivers had to make adjustments to make the catch. 

21 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Stay away from the edge, I know this is a tough time for you.

I also believe you forgot to say: Sean, you were not my choice, but congrats and War Eagle!

You're stupid, nobody wanted him starting this year more than me. But like I said you'll make up anything. Did you ever figure out what a position coach or position drill was? If so I know you're really excited about football this year! Guess what else? The two teams wear different colors to identify which tiger is which!!! You'll be able to keep up now!

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Are you kidding..... a couple of months give it a couple of weeks...............all the I told you so from pro/anti SW will be endless.

Won't get this from me. I'm always right Always. :beer2:

28 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I believe that Sean White's race is an issue with certain posters and they will never like him. Sure, he made mistakes last year, but he was a redshirt freshman and some seem to expect him to play like Joe Montana and seldom/never make a mistake.  We had receivers(and some are being defended in this thread) that couldn't catch the football and it didn't matter as to whom the QB was. How anyone could watch the LSU game, and the interview following it, and couldn't see that WE HAD TO MAKE a change at QB isn't being honest with themselves. I hope that Jeremy has overcome his issues and wins us some games if he is called upon.  I appreciate him staying around and fighting to be on this team and play.  I want the best player to play and I don't care if he is glowing silver. 

Hmmm

32 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Race card? Wow .

anywho , September 3rd can't get here quick enough .

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

2:37

4:37

6:34

These are example of why I think Sean will be really good.  The first two show him extending plays while keeping his eyes down field and making the play The last, shows him wanting a particular receiver, checking down twice and making the right decision and a great throw.  

What really stood out is the drops. So many that would've been TDs or 1st downs to extend drives.

2:37 was thrown behind. I would have liked to see Sean could lead the receiver more, instead the receiver had to adjust and it caused him to stumble.
4:37 was a fine play, he extended the play and found a receiver standing by himself.
6:34 I think this play hurts your point more than helps it. I can't watch this play and think that if it was a better throw, it would have been a touch down. If Auburn had lost that game, this play would have a very different context.

To me, this video shows a lot of evidence of Sean being bailed out and getting a little lucky at times that makes him look better than he actually was (i.e. the first drive of the MSU game, he threw a duck and the DB misjudge it. Had that DB made a play, it was a pick 6)

So much of football is beyond what is shown on TV. No one can answer how many times a receiver was wide open down the field because it wasn't shown, but sure enough, everyone comments on how many drops were made. 

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

You calling someone obtuse when your avatar is next to obtuse in Webster's. Priceless. You would really be better served to go to bammergumponline.com. Day in and day out that's exactly what you act like. 

What is wrong with my avatar lol. "You're just a bammer" retorts are getting old at this point.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

As JMassie said to you: "Most people do reduce themselves to taking personal jabs at people when they know they are wrong and have nothing else to say. Just sayin"

You said the following so you're preaching to yourself. I can play this game all day.

"Leave, I promise you will not be missed by many."

8 minutes ago, kwren34 said:

2:37 was thrown behind. I would have liked to see Sean could lead the receiver more, instead the receiver had to adjust and it caused him to stumble.
4:37 was a fine play, he extended the play and found a receiver standing by himself.
6:34 I think this play hurts your point more than helps it. I can't watch this play and think that if it was a better throw, it would have been a touch down. If Auburn had lost that game, this play would have a very different context.

Fair enough. Just to be clear, The first two I was just commenting on how he keeps plays alive by keeping his eyes down field.  Is the first thrown behind him, yes. He did, however, extend and make a play. The last was more  of a comment on his progression and reads as opposed to his actual pass.  You're right, the pass should've been a TD, but his read was correct and he didn't choose to force the bad pass. He just missed the throw.  He can't afford those this year...BTW, great catch to make it close.

Just now, bigbird said:

Fair enough. Just to be clear, The first two I was just commenting on how he keeps plays alive by keeping his eyes down field.  Is the first thrown behind him, yes. He did, however, extend and make a play. The last was more  of a comment on his progression and reads as opposed to his actual pass.  You're right, the pass should've been a TD, but his read was correct and he didn't choose to force the bad pass. He just missed the throw.  He can't afford those this year.

As fans, the only thing we can do now is trust the system and hope that Sean has made the appropriate progressions.

I agree. I hope the competition throughout has pushed him to be sharper.  Unlike last year, Sean will have the lion share of reps. Hopefully that leads to better control over the offense.

Archived