Sean White Highlights

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I mean if you feel like you need to step in on stuff like that, that's cool. I just don't have the desire to take on that role, at least surrounding the quarterbacks. Mostly because people like you are already doing it, and it's the same argument 50x a day. Hell, I get exhausted just having to page through it. 

And that's fine but what I'm saying is when you notice I'll still talk about it notice it's the same people on the other side too. Also notice the people on the other side are saying the same things, but they get angry when they are challenged. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Board politics haha but I'd rather read your posts on actual football than objectivity all day, Cole. That's my selfish. 02

My thing is I took a stance in the minority, so when you come in and say, Cole you shouldn't do this or that, I have 5 other people I'm going have to deal with piggybacking off of you. You argue with me right now you'll get at least three likes from people you've never talked to ever off of hating me lol

I have to agree with Cole on one thing he has not stated he has/had a preference in the QB race but the underlying theme was /is Sean is not better then the others when statistically Stat tiger proved that statement to be wrong when comparing JJ and SW last year.  But Cole did pull a couple stats in JJ's favor the TD/INT stats for both.  But if you have eyes and see what the majority of this board sees you will come away that Sean played better then JJ last year regardless of stats.  Football games aren't played on spreadsheets.  

But I do have to agree with the race card player by a previous poster in the thread.  Appears in Cole's mind that you can't be white and fast, can't be athletic, and your undertones in you arguments basically was anyone but Sean.  The Auburn fans see Tigers not black tigers or white tigers, only Auburn Tigers.  

And I have no idea what race Cole is but I've seen the  "white men can't jump" mantra from him for over a year.  

But these are only my opinion so that makes it all cool, right Cole?  

Yeah your opinions is just that but I wasn't even part of the running arguments but I'm sure you got me mixed up with the other Cole, and I haven't been in any argument saying Sean wasn't better than jj. If you ever seen me arguing anything is saying he was upper elite with anybody because he hasn't played anybody. And that's funny what you wrote because I didn't pull any stats I just used logic but absolutely football isn't played on spreadsheets. You can ALWAYS find some statistic to make someone look better or worse than they are. You can also skew numbers.

What's also funny is if I said anything about the race card it would be a big issue but you guys can make up stuff out the blue and it's cool. Since Sean isn't the most athletic qb I've ever seen I think all white guys aren't athletic? Where did you get that one from???? Let me guess no where right?  I'm pretty much the only guy who said it's not about how fast you are it's about if you know how to run or not.....couple of people are picking up on it now and you may see a few more saying it now...

And my prediction was Sean would win and I want to see if he's good or not as much as anybody....But you keep up that dumb smart talking because like you said they're just opinions right? Lol

I've never gotten that "white men can't jump" stuff from Cole. I see it from a hell of a lot of other forum members, though. All of these QB threads are filled with people-not-named-Cole going to extraordinary, embarrassing lengths to try to prove that Sean is slow (and, in some cases, weak-armed). Kinda bizarre, really. All I've heard Cole say on the subject is that he doesn't think Sean's faster than 85% of SEC DEs, a misinterpretation that was actually agreed with by several other posters who are, we'll say, less controversial. 

Cole may be overzealous in making sure people objectively compare two quarterbacks, one of whom happens to be black and the other white, but I don't equate sticking up for "the black guy"- if that even were his primary motive- with saying that the white guy is a non-athletic stereotype. 

It's my opinion of Cole and that's all that matters.  Just like we all have different opinions on the QB choice.  

My stance has remained the same the entire off season.  This team needs the fanbase behind it.  Doesn't need message board fodder dragging it down.  I still have that stance and since we want to nit pick ever response by someone I thought i would jump in on a very outspoken poster and make claims on my opinion whether they are true or not... It's my perception and in a message board that's all that matters.

What a turn of events .  As much as I agree with Cole on a lot of things , I believe this is a battle that won't be won. Quite frankly, the things we debate on can't be concluded on until the start of September 3rd. We all want what's best for Auburn. We just differ on how to come about it. Either way, at the end of the day it should never be personal and if it is , might as well just overlook that Individuals or individuals.

btw, the race card is a very huge stretch .

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What a turn of events .  As much as I agree with Cole on a lot of things , I believe this is a battle that won't be won. Quite frankly, the things we debate on can't be concluded on until the start of September 3rd. We all want what's best for Auburn. We just differ on how to come about it. Either way, at the end of the day it should never be personal and if it is , might as well just overlook that Individuals or individuals.

btw, the race card is a very huge stretch .

If he starts off rusty I don't think we can afford to do him line we did jj last year. I just wish we had a couple of tune up games. But we have to let him try to get a groove

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Our DE's got outran by Jake friggin Coker last year, but SW can't outrun them?

Jake Coker is pretty damn athletic....But he doesn't supposed to be because he's white! But sw is white too so....nevermind. 

Seriously though Coker is athletic but he did more running through people than around but you said that as if Coker was a bum of an athlete

I'm hearing too many people make the assumption that Auburn's offense = Zone Read. Chuck Oliver saying SW is an ill fit for Auburn and he is correct if he's referring to the offense we ran dating back to the Texas A&M game of 2013. If he looks back at the history of Gus he knows that until the last couple years he never ran the same offense back to back years. I hope and expect that Gus will create a 2016 Auburn offense. I expect creativity and as others mentioned, the Herb Hand hire should help boost that creativity. If we run zone read with SW then we  will be looking for a coach next year. I hope Auburn, Gus, and Sean have folks eating crow. That schedule is tuff early though.

Maybe I am repeating a lot of what people have most likely said because I stopped reading when all I saw were arguments away from what the topic was about.  I like this highlight video (although choice of music for it isn't that great for a highlight reel).  It shows the good and a little of the bad too.  It shows a little of both sides, but most importantly it shows the receivers really not being that great.  If the ball was not perfectly placed (and sometimes that was not enough) the receivers could not catch it.  The only times where I was wrong was the Arkansas game with Ricardo Louis catching some insane catches and one Melvin Ray catch for Ole Miss I believe.  Sean White did have intangibles showing, like pocket awareness on when to bail which is good.  His deep balls were pretty accurate in my opinion (Arkansas game really stood out).  

Having said all of this, I think the receivers will really help Sean White this year to where you will see someone people turning their heads saying "wow."  Jason Smith is doing much better I hear which is good because the guy can flat out run.  We have new freshmen receivers that will be a breath of fresh air as well.  I expect big things from Eli Stove in particular.  As much as I loved Ricardo Louis and Melvin Ray, sometimes it is good for the seniors to leave so fresh blood can get in there and hopefully do better.

Side note, did anyone see Pettway destroy that defender in the Arkansas game in the video?  Man if he can do that running downhill for us this year that will be one highlight reel for the ages.

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I'm hearing too many people make the assumption that Auburn's offense = Zone Read. Chuck Oliver saying SW is an ill fit for Auburn and he is correct if he's referring to the offense we ran dating back to the Texas A&M game of 2013. If he looks back at the history of Gus he knows that until the last couple years he never ran the same offense back to back years. I hope and expect that Gus will create a 2016 Auburn offense. I expect creativity and as others mentioned, the Herb Hand hire should help boost that creativity. If we run zone read with SW then we  will be looking for a coach next year. I hope Auburn, Gus, and Sean have folks eating crow. That schedule is tuff early though.

I agree.  Many people are forgetting Gus is good at molding the offense to the style of play to the quarterback.  Chris Todd, Cam Newton, Brandon Mosley, and Nick Marshall were all different in their strengths.  Gus knew how to mold it to them.  Last year it did not show as Gus took a CEO role.  That is not the case this year.

I think that the difference here is that errant passes from the qb happen at every level to a varying degree. For a freshman qb SW showed that he possessed some pretty good accuracy that we hope he will improve upon this year. However, at the level of SEC play we expect our receivers to make at least 9 out of 10 of those catches. Since our expectations differ so much in that regard, I have no choice but to point out the obvious fact that there were quite a few drops in the highlight video. There aren't highlights of whites ints, but other than replays of mark Sanchez' butt fumble, we aren't accustomed to see any qbs blooper videos. I'm sure that Ricardo didn't include his drops in his nfl highlight video either.

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think that the difference here is that errant passes from the qb happen at every level to a varying degree. For a freshman qb SW showed that he possessed some pretty good accuracy that we hope he will improve upon this year. However, at the level of SEC play we expect our receivers to make at least 9 out of 10 of those catches. 

This is exactly how I felt watching the highlights. Great post.

36 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think that the difference here is that errant passes from the qb happen at every level to a varying degree. For a freshman qb SW showed that he possessed some pretty good accuracy that we hope he will improve upon this year. However, at the level of SEC play we expect our receivers to make at least 9 out of 10 of those catches. Since our expectations differ so much in that regard, I have no choice but to point out the obvious fact that there were quite a few drops in the highlight video. There aren't highlights of whites ints, but other than replays of mark Sanchez' butt fumble, we aren't accustomed to see any qbs blooper videos. I'm sure that Ricardo didn't include his drops in his nfl highlight video either.

Well of cause you wouldn't see drops in Ricardo's highlights video. If he wanted to point fingers and say " I would've had better stats", I'm sure he could show when SW failed to deliver the ball when he was open.  Works both ways you know. 

Also, throwing errant passes and dropping catchable passes give the same result, an incompletion. SW missed throws that he should've connected on as a scholarship QB. Declaring one a lesser evil than the other is stupid.

Just a question but don't QBs usually have a progression of receivers to consider?  and would they take time to consider all of them, or just throw to the first option if the play is open? ...and if not, go to the next.  

I recall hearing about QBs not working their progressions but not sure what that means.   Just seems that with normal pass rush, the QB would not have much time to look at several different receivers on both sides of the field to see who is open...and then make a pass to one of them.   Which could mean that some guy running open was a 2nd or 3rd option on a play, not the primary receiver and the first option was open and that's where the ball went.  

Whether the QB hits the first option is a different issue of course and sometimes the QB attempts a pass to the first option whether the guy is open or not.   But I've got a feeling that just because a guy is running open does not necessarily mean he was high on the  progression.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just a question but don't QBs usually have a progression of receivers to consider?  and would they take time to consider all of them, or just throw to the first option if the play is open? ...and if not, go to the next.  

I recall hearing about QBs not working their progressions but not sure what that means.   Just seems that with normal pass rush, the QB would not have much time to look at several different receivers on both sides of the field to see who is open...and then make a pass to one of them.   Which could mean that some guy running open was a 2nd or 3rd option on a play, not the primary receiver and the first option was open and that's where the ball went.  

Whether the QB hits the first option is a different issue of course and sometimes the QB attempts a pass to the first option whether the guy is open or not.   But I've got a feeling that just because a guy is running open does not necessarily mean he was high on the  progression.

Seconded!

I've gotten much more education than I deserved  today, but (for those such as me) excellent question.

Enquiring minds, and all.

Good lord, some of you people in here seem to have some pretty massive objects shoved up your butt. Get them out and let's get ready to watch some football and support our team. Dayum.

48 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Good lord, some of you people in here seem to have some pretty massive objects shoved up your butt. Get them out and let's get ready to watch some football and support our team. Dayum.

it's usually the same posters in EVERY thread.  They must live miserable lives. Some want to find fault in everything that certain players do and find an argument with everyone that posts something positive. I am hopeful for a successful season and I hope that all 3 QB's play and make 3 different highlight films.

32 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

it's usually the same posters in EVERY thread.  They must live miserable lives. Some want to find fault in everything that certain players do and find an argument with everyone that posts something positive. I am hopefully for a successful season and I hope that all 3 QB's play and make 3 different highlight films.

So the people that prefer to be evenhanded  and not bash the receivers all summer long live miserable lives. Thanks for the tidbit.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well of cause you wouldn't see drops in Ricardo's highlights video. If he wanted to point fingers and say " I would've had better stats", I'm sure he could show when SW failed to deliver the ball when he was open.  Works both ways you know. 

Also, throwing errant passes and dropping catchable passes give the same result, an incompletion. SW missed throws that he should've connected on as a scholarship QB. Declaring one a lesser evil than the other is stupid.

Not going to win this one. Two popular posters, a question asker that doesn't have anything to do with what you say, people backing it up....You have to understand this is sw moment. People that wanted him to win are all out on the board today, they been using the arky game as an excuse for the season. Nothing is going to change today.

I've never seen 3yd screens and 5yd drops on a highlight video though. Sixteen minute highlight video and San Jose st game isn't even on it! 4 games on it! 

Archived