Sean White Highlights

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Yes in general terms the QB on a real pass play, not a screen or such, has a designed progression.  Normally it goes as follows WR with potential for the greatest gain of yardage.  The QB should manipulate his eyes to move defenders away from the route.  2nd progression nice throw for moderate gain if open.  3rd progression check down to back or safety valve, scramble, of throw out of bounds.  

Agree. If I'm not mistaken, there are criticisms of Gus for not having as many plays like this and having more plays designed to get one guy really open, such as the pump and go that johnnyAU describes above.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

Hard to believe that I could think SW is more athletic than Coker. And WTF did I say that had anything to do with race??? Why even bring that dumb s*** up to me? This is exactly what I meant in my earlier post about being confrontational. And Coker didn't run through our DEs, he ran around them. 

It was a freaking joke. But that's what you was talking about confrontational huh? Missed the entire point while being what you complained about. Classic. Just so amped up to defend sw from all those people who aren't even talking about him right lol

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree. If I'm not mistaken, there are criticisms of Gus for not having as many plays like this and having more plays designed to get one guy really open, such as the pump and go that johnnyAU describes above.

Could be the QBs but with those short and quick passes, seems the QB never has more than one target in mind....and same for the long bombs... which in many cases seem to be ...throw it as far as he can and hope the WR can run under it.

What's up with the crazy hostility toward Sean White? Is he supposed to say "sorry coach I don't want to start"? The season hasn't even started! 

There hasn't been a qb since Gus has been here that was just awesome going through progressions.  

My point when I day I don't know how accurate sw is he rarely threw down field. Usually threw the face check down. Wish once again is why I would like to see a full sample. Pretty much the same goes for "escapability" don't care how much the certain people hate it, I need to see what he can do  against some real athletes on the d line. Kentucky and arky didn't have those last year. I'm even giving him the benefit of the doubt with the Memphis game being hurt, even though I don't think he was hurt all that bad

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It was a freaking joke. But that's what you was talking about confrontational huh? Missed the entire point while being what you complained about. Classic. Just so amped up to defend sw from all those people who aren't even talking about him right lol

Because I told you to knock it off, that's being confrontational? As far as your last sentence goes, I'm not even real sure what that means? Defend SW from all those people who AREN'T talking about him? The whole thread is about him. I haven't even sounded off an opinion about White aside from I tend to think he's more nimble than Coker. That is literally all I said. 

Told me to knock what off? I didn't do anything for you to tell me anything. And I guess you just didn't see the point of you chose an athletic guy to use as a reference, but you introduced him as if he wasn't athletic at all.  Now you're super innocent and confused. You think I did something confrontational and tut can't see the point after a couple of people tried to explain it. The reason we are even using the word confrontational is because of you and nobody was

To be honest I don't see how you even think sw is more agile than him. We have a pretty athletic d line. Saw Coker run around and through 3-4 teams with good d lines....saw sw do it none

34 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

What's up with the crazy hostility toward Sean White? Is he supposed to say "sorry coach I don't want to start"? The season hasn't even started! 

Quote those posts?

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

There hasn't been a qb since Gus has been here that was just awesome going through progressions.  

My point when I day I don't know how accurate sw is he rarely threw down field. Usually threw the face check down. Wish once again is why I would like to see a full sample. Pretty much the same goes for "escapability" don't care how much the certain people hate it, I need to see what he can do  against some real athletes on the d line. Kentucky and arky didn't have those last year. I'm even giving him the benefit of the doubt with the Memphis game being hurt, even though I don't think he was hurt all that bad

SW has had a problem all summer and fall turning the ball over. However He does have fairly good accuracy when he is on his game. Imo if Gus is willing to Taylor the offense to SW abilities then he could be a good qb for us. Gus believes we need a qb that can be effective running the ball for us to have an elite offense like we did in 2013 and most of 2014. This is how he currently feels we can win big in the SEC. This is his opinion atm and imo it is because of what happened last year. Gus said so himself in a press conference a couple weeks ago that our qb had to be able to run the ball more this year. As for the Coker vs SW running the ball debate imo Coker is definitely a better runner than SW. Coker runs the ball with bad intentions and will run a defender slap over. They probably are about the same speed and I would give SW the edge on quickness but Coker is definitely better than SW at running the football imo. As far as SW strengths throwing the football imo they are the short and intermediate routes. His deep balls where he has to put air under the ball sometimes fall apart in the air while his short and intermediate throws he can throw with velocity on target. I tend to agree with Cole that SW used his check downs alot last year.

I don't see anyone with hostility towards SW, people are just questioning what they have seen from him so far on the field. I know he is capable of being a good qb, I just don't know if our offense has the capability of being elite with him at the helm. I do think our defense is capable of carrying us this year kind of like UAT gets every year as long as SW can be a serviceable qb like Coker, McElroy, and even AJ were. Limit the turn overs get first downs and try to play ball control and field position offense while SW is the qb is the way to be successful imo.

I agree and saw that he was pretty good as far as accuracy, but among the best of the best can't say I've seen that. If the ball hits your hands you should catch it and I'm sure we've all heard that but after watching the video ALOT of those drops weren't the best throws. They still should've caught it but many were them having to jump up and get finger tips on the ball while exposing yourself to the defender....I imagine the best of the best not putting the wr in that position over 3 times in one game. 

So I wasn't saying he was inaccurate just didn't see even in the "highlight" video elite type of stuff. Wish white had a better running back to help him out though but in the end I just want us to have wins so I can talk smack and be relevant in college football conversations this year

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wish white had a better running back to help him out though but in the end I just want us to have wins so I can talk smack and be relevant in college football conversations this year

Agreed. I'm hopeful that KP can be the force that some have touted, or at least reported him to be. 

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 6:25 AM, bigbird said:

2:37

4:37

6:34

These are example of why I think Sean will be really good.  The first two show him extending plays while keeping his eyes down field and making the play The last, shows him wanting a particular receiver, checking down twice and making the right decision and a great throw.  

What really stood out is the drops. So many that would've been TDs or 1st downs to extend drives.

There is no doubt SW can be a good qb. He is very accurate when he is on and I also like the fact that he keeps his eyes downfield while scrambling in the pocket. The only question that I have with SW is how effective we can be winning games with a qb like SW in the offensive system CGM currently is and wants to continue to run.

We do have a defense this year where we can win football games with ball control and field position offense. Alabama has been winning games since Saban got there this way. My last post kind of came out wrong. I question can we have an elite offense in the SEC with a qb like SW in the system that CGM runs.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We do have a defense this year where we can win football games with ball control and field position offense. Alabama has been winning games since Saban got there this way. My last post kind of came out wrong. I question can we have an elite offense in the SEC with a qb like SW in the system that CGM runs.

Elite don't think so serviceable maybe jmo

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Agree based on the way Gus now runs the O.  I think the problem is that we don't have a QB on the roster that can run Gus' O to an elite level.  At AU, there have only been two that could do that.....Cam and Nick who were freaks of nature in their own different ways.  Do we have that on the roster now?

wde

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

If one of our wr is a deep threat and good enough to at least sometimes require a double team and sw will test the defense deep occasionally I think we could be elite. Bunch of if's though

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If one of our wr is a deep threat and good enough to at least sometimes require a double team and sw will test the defense deep occasionally I think we could be elite. Bunch if's though

yep I agree we need a WR to become even close to Amare or Calvin as much as it pains me to say that

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Maybe Woody who I do love just hope he doesn't get thrown to the wolfs too early

I agree.  But if this season goes sideways like last season, I don't think Woody will be running Gus' O in 2017.

wde

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

yep I agree we need a WR to become even close to Amare or Calvin as much as it pains me to say that

Yeah i agree. we either need a running threat as far as the qb to take a man away on defense or some other threat on offense to do so by requiring a double, or a shift on defense or best case have both like we did in 2013. But we can't allow a defense to line up against us and not have to adjust to play us. Last year way too many teams were able to defend us with a base nickel package a majority of the time. IMO

I doubt we'll be elite on O either. Just being average to good would be an improvement over the chaos of last season. We lack elite talent at most of the skill positions that we're aware of at the moment.  Hopefully someone can blossom into a real play maker at RB/HB or WR.  I look forward to seeing if we can some of them going early on. It's probably foolish to hope we can get back to using the TE a little more. IMO the extra dimension could help out. Maybe Harris or Rice are ready. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I agree with this.

34 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I doubt we'll be elite on O either. Just being average to good would be an improvement over the chaos of last season. We lack elite talent at most of the skill positions that we're aware of at the moment.  Hopefully someone can blossom into a real play maker at RB/HB or WR.  I look forward to seeing if we can some of them going early on. It's probably foolish to hope we can get back to using the TE a little more. IMO the extra dimension could help out. Maybe Harris or Rice are ready. 

Agreed. I do believe we have young elite talent at wr. Calvin Ridley was elite as a freshman wr at UAT so maybe we can have one step up like he did. We had an elite rb who was a headcase who couldn't stay out of the doghouse. I think we have an OL that can be elite and that will give us a rb that can blossom into a real playmaker. KJ is definitely a playmaker but I don't believe that he is an every down back. I think Kam Martin is definitely a playmaker also but he also won't be an every down back.

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

Cam did it several times. First TD in the SECCG, he almost threw it 3 times before he found O-Mac in the flat. 

Archived