Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Well he needs to pull out some old game film and see what he has forgot.

I don't think he's forgot anything. I think it has more to do with confidence in personnel on the field. IMO SW is more than capable of running this offense, but until they take the hand cuffs off of him we will never know. Not to spend too much time in the past but 2010 was an animal to itself and 2013 was more of an improvised offense to help Marshall until he learned the playbook 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUIH1 said:

We don't have Cam or Nick Marshal on the roster and Gus whiffed on Lamar Jackson.

wde

We do have a qb that can run the offense though and get us to UAT without another loss though.

I am not saying that we have to start JF3 to win. SW can start but we have to implement the zone read in with JF3 and we can still win alot of games.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I didn't see the question but I have been trying to figure out why he didn't get any carries. He would have made alot more since running the ball on 4th and 1 inside the 5 than giving JJ who is a terrible timid runner the ball. I would bet my life KP would have gotten that first down. KP is a solid rb. He is similar to those big UT backs that I saw last night against Notre Dame.

Thanks. Agreed on JJ. I don't think he's even that great of a runner in those situations when we have other better options.

I know you thought highly of him. It's a shame we have to wait until week 2? (Who knows) to see what he can do. 

Just now, austudnt23 said:

We do have a qb that can run the offense though and get us to UAT without another loss though.

I am not saying that we have to start JF3 to win. SW can start but we have to implement the zone read in with JF3 and we can still win alot of games.

JF3 could not start at Juco.  He is a swing and a miss for Gus/Lashlee.  He is not Nick.  I understand that is what Gus was going for by signing him, but if he were close to being the man, he would have played more.

wde

Gus struck out on JJ.  He thought he was a different "running QB" with the orange jersey on then he actually is with the blue jersey on.  Then we skipped a year on QB recruiting... Then got Sean the next year.  Gus was/is chasing a stop gap with JF3...

QB is the most important position on the field.  You miss there and your offense tanks.  However, we should be able to runs basic offense to some degree of success with all the talent and speed we have on that side of the ball.   Now Gus seems to have the idea of who he actually wants at the QB position but our RB recruiting is tanking.  There's no reason AU shouldn't have top 5 running back signees each year.  

OT looks like the next hurdle in recruiting. We missed 2 cycles of it but have a couple good commits and a couple young projects in the Princes.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

23, you been drinking?......JF3 would have to be superman to overcome the arrogant goobers calling plays

26 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

JF3 could not start at Juco.  He is a swing and a miss for Gus/Lashlee.  He is not Nick.  I understand that is what Gus was going for by signing him, but if he were close to being the man, he would have played more.

wde

I mean, y'all thought Sean was the man and the field played more QB snaps than him. Obviously JF3 shows enough to still be in consideration, we don't know how he is throwing the ball, and Gus's evaluation of a QBs ability doesn't really mean much nowadays. 

26 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

This is your opinion.  I am not sure why some people consider NM to have been some great passer because he wasn't when he got here and he wasn't when he left. He was able to make the throws required of him in the offense he was in. Imo JFIII can do the same. Both are great runners but JF3 os faster than NM.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

This is where he has to improve knowing when to keep the ball. He had a sure fire big gain on couple occasion that he gave the ball off. The Oline will be fine with us running the zone read. Our 2 guards are a better combo imo than 2013. We still have Kozan and I think Smith is an upgrade. Cox is no slouch blocker, he might not be Jay Prosch in this category but he will get the job done.  

I feel like KJ and Pettway would both be very effective on that outside run where we pull our guards to block, that we always used for dyer 

29 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

23, you been drinking?......JF3 would have to be superman to overcome the arrogant goobers calling plays

I was saying we have the talent. If Gus were to call games the rest of the season like he called the Clemson game then we won't. I don't think that will happen though. 

7 minutes ago, senatorjesse said:

I haven't read this thread, but I think it's interesting this topic is coming up.  I think Gus set the bar too high.  Let's see if he can get back to championship level.

Since you just joined a few minutes ago you didnt miss much. Assuming your a Red Wolf?

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Since you just joined a few minutes ago you didnt miss much. Assuming your a Red Wolf?

Yeah... I'm one of those weirdos that check's out opponents' forums the week of the game.  I think both the Tigers and Red Wolves are licking wounds right now, but focus will shift soon to this weekend.  I came down a few years back when we took on Nick Marshall and company.  Really thought we had a chance back then.  ASU had a good team and AU didn't look too good v. Wash St.  Turned out we were a little big for our britches.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Can you please take Gus back. Please. 

6 minutes ago, senatorjesse said:

Yeah... I'm one of those weirdos that check's out opponents' forums the week of the game.  I think both the Tigers and Red Wolves are licking wounds right now, but focus will shift soon to this weekend.  I came down a few years back when we took on Nick Marshall and company.  Really thought we had a chance back then.  ASU had a good team and AU didn't look too good v. Wash St.  Turned out we were a little big for our britches.

Whats your perspective of Gus, especially since he did at one time coached ASU?

I lived in Arkansas for a little bit and I can honestly say unless you are from Springdale, he is hated 

10 minutes ago, senatorjesse said:

Your always welcome here as long as you keep it civil and no your not a weirdo....well maybe a little j/k

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I cannot wait for Tiger Talk.

I hope the fans don't let him off the hook.

That is a "Controlled Environment" radio show.  No live questions!

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can you please take Gus back. Please. 

I know better than to panic after I saw us almost win a game against Clemson a probable playoff team with the terrible offensive game plan. We have talent everywhere including good passer in SW and and very good runner JF3 at qb. It is a little early to hit the panic button. Let's see how A&M goes. I fully expect the offense to look better and we will have an identity on offense instead of the shite show from Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Red Wolf was a very good amber Anheuser Beer back in the 90's/early 2000's.

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Whats your perspective of Gus, especially since he did at one time coached ASU?

I lived in Arkansas for a little bit and I can honestly say unless you are from Springdale, he is hated 

Well, my perspective is a little different than the Hog fans in the state.

I did hate him when he left stAte, but I've kind of gotten over it.  When he was at stAte we caught a lot of crap about him being a "1 & done" coach.  His response was that folks "didn't know him" and he gave a lot of talk about building a program.  I figured if he passed up the likes of Vanderbilt and UNC before taking the stAte job he wouldn't just jump for the next big job.  Turned out Auburn was the next big job and I was wrong.  I wasn't in the room, but I heard when he told the players he was leaving for AU that he wouldn't have left for any other position. 

Anyway I was pissed because I felt he lied, but I'm over it now.  But I'll take him if we need a coach and he's available.  He brought a high profile to stAte that didn't exist before and got our horrible AD fired and replaced w/ Terry Mohajir, who is the best AD in the country (IMO).  We can lose plenty of coaches, but we'd be really screwed if we lost TMo.

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This is your opinion.  I am not sure why some people consider NM to have been some great passer because he wasn't when he got here and he wasn't when he left. He was able to make the throws required of him in the offense he was in. Imo JFIII can do the same. Both are great runners but JF3 os faster than NM.

If this is so, do you feel JF3 needs more snaps, and JJ, little to none? This, plus if you're going to run the wildcat, and you want JF3 to get more snaps, why not just run the wildcat with JF3?

I supported Gus in the past but noticed his demeanor on the sidelines and the lack of organization with play calling, an audible, snap count and alike. These all due to constant disruption of a measured amount of time for a QB to transition a new collection of team members under the lights in a "big game environment". Those of us learned many years ago as a coach in high school play what works, tailor your scheme according to your talent(or lack of), and seek advice from others of great experience.

After reflecting on Gus' post game press conference I was sadly disappointed in his inability to accept responsibility. We learned through the coaching staff even in Coach Jordan's Football course offered only to those personally chosen to sign up to qualify he and the assistant coaches stressed to always accept the blame for a game loss. It is the head coach who must always step up and state publically I lost the game in not preparing my team. Just as upon a victory always state the team and assistant coaches earned the win and not the head coach. Our father taught my older brother and I this coaching philosophy as well and as so many other great coaches as Coach Jordan, Bryant, Dooley, Dodd, McClellan, Majors, and Vaught. Go back and catch some of their comments they did not spin the truth only stood up and accepted responsibility.

59 minutes ago, senatorjesse said:

Well, my perspective is a little different than the Hog fans in the state.

I did hate him when he left stAte, but I've kind of gotten over it.  When he was at stAte we caught a lot of crap about him being a "1 & done" coach.  His response was that folks "didn't know him" and he gave a lot of talk about building a program.  I figured if he passed up the likes of Vanderbilt and UNC before taking the stAte job he wouldn't just jump for the next big job.  Turned out Auburn was the next big job and I was wrong.  I wasn't in the room, but I heard when he told the players he was leaving for AU that he wouldn't have left for any other position. 

Anyway I was pissed because I felt he lied, but I'm over it now.  But I'll take him if we need a coach and he's available.  He brought a high profile to stAte that didn't exist before and got our horrible AD fired and replaced w/ Terry Mohajir, who is the best AD in the country (IMO).  We can lose plenty of coaches, but we'd be really screwed if we lost TMo.

we'll swap you malzahn for your AD!!!!....hell, we'll throw in our AD and a baby goat to boot...wha'cha say bout' that?

Archived