Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

It was like the red sea parted in regards to running lanes when JF3 was in the game. KJ got some of his longest runs with JF3 in the game. That is the only time Clemson looked confused b/c they sure as heck wasn't confused when we have like 50 people in the back filed trying to develop a play. 

I'll be the first to say I doubted JFIII coming in, but after watching the respect Clemson had to give because he was in, makes me wonder why he never got a chance to prove why the respect given. It was complete disrespect to JFIII in that aspect of it. The lanes opened up, the DE were confused, but Gustav did nothing to exploit that.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Based on his -3 yard pass or how he hands the ball off?  We've never even seen him run the ball one time. No possible way to conclude he is the answer. We don't know if his zone reads weIre true reads or called handoffs...but if they were actual reads, then he's not even ready to run a zone read, let alone an offense.  For the life of me I cannot understand how so many people want to hand the team to a guy they have never seen do anything but hand off the ball and make one negative yardage pass. Hell, Truitt had more production than JF3. Sure the running lanes may have opened when he came in, but it was not because of anything he was doing. It was because Clemson didn't know what he could do so they played it safe. And guess what, neither does anyone else.  No one here has ever seen him run the ball or make a forward pass in a live game in D1. Not once. How anyone can conclude that he is the answer is beyond me.   That's not to say he can't be, but there is no possible reason to believe he is with the info available. 

I understand where you are coming from. Who

40 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Btw, that's wasn't a shot at you Doc. Just a response to a general idea. 

no offense taken my friend.  I am trying to figure things out like all of us are doing tonight.

1 hour ago, far_away_fan said:

I'll be the first to say I doubted JFIII coming in, but after watching the respect Clemson had to give because he was in, makes me wonder why he never got a chance to prove why the respect given. It was complete disrespect to JFIII in that aspect of it. The lanes opened up, the DE were confused, but Gustav did nothing to exploit that.

I'm not ready to declare JF3 as the guy to lead us simply on those plays but we clearly need to keep using him in that manner. It would be nice if he actually got to carry and throw the ball out of it. I think Clemson wanted to be careful to not let JF3 get loose but in the football game a couple seconds of hesitation is a world of time for a defense to get beat. 

We don't have a game changer QB of the 3 that played. However, we need to give one of them the best of circumstances (along with the rest of the Offensive players) the best chance to succeed. We possibly beat ourselves Saturday and certainly didn't show any improvement. I can't help but believe we can play better but the coach has to have a better PLAN than what we saw. That was total insanity and a PLAN to fail.

On Sunday, September 04, 2016 at 7:41 AM, AU64 said:

My biggest concern was that the OL was getting manhandled and didn't matter who the QB was, he never had time to effectively run a play and the RBs were being met in the backfield as soon as they got they ball.  Mostly what changed in the second half was that the OL began providing some protection and holes and QBs started making a few plays.

This is what I saw. The first half, their DL was in our backfield as much as our RBs were. Their DE could have probably taken the handout on a couple plays.

And those of you already calling for Gus's head after taking the #2 team in the nation to the wire, what are you going to be saying IF he runs the table?  

16 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

This is what I saw. The first half, their DL was in our backfield as much as our RBs were. Their DE could have probably taken the handout on a couple plays.

And those of you already calling for Gus's head after taking the #2 team in the nation to the wire, what are you going to be saying IF he runs the table?  

We are not running the table with that thing called an offense. Going for 38 yards in the first half was not Clemsons doing. 

The talk about firing is that people can see the writing on the wall. We've only regressed since year one and he can't put together a good offense game plan with all offseason to do so and three different qbs to choose from.

That offense has to evolve in order for us to have a chance.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

We are not running the table with that thing called an offense. Going for 38 yards in the first half was not Clemsons doing. 

That offense has to evolve in order for us to have a chance.

You do see the capital IF?

There a lot of people on this board that felt pre-game like Clemson's D had been depleted due to the draft. Obviously that was not the case. For their DL, it was next man up. I don't care who you put back there at QB that first half, they wouldn't have had time to do anything. There defense was good and our OL play sucked. 

6 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

There a lot of people on this board that felt pre-game like Clemson's D had been depleted due to the draft. Obviously that was not the case. For their DL, it was next man up. I don't care who you put back there at QB that first half, they wouldn't have had time to do anything. There defense was good and our OL play sucked. 

It doesnt matter if you capitalize the IF or not. People can understand what you were saying while completely disagreeing. With that said, we will not run the table in any conference playing offense that way. I cant speak for anyone else but I'm upset and off the gus guru band wagon not because of takimg the number 2 team to the wire, that credit goes to the d. Its because gus guru had his finger on the offense no matter what some say, and completely let this team, staff, and fans down with that performance and several others since 14

32 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

Congrats. You are earning your paycheck 

What are you going to say if this offense continuous to regress and cause us to play mediocre football?

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Congrats. You are earning your paycheck 

What are you going to say if this offense continuous to regress and cause us to play mediocre football?

Not hard to earn a paycheck as an arm chair QB. I appreciate your recognition. 

As to regression, if we continue to regress then I'd be one to hope changes are made. 

1 hour ago, AU04ever said:

People are calling for Gus's head because it was one of the most asinine game plans ever devised in college football. It undercut the quarter backs, wasted an entire off season that could've been used to develop a quarter back and then after the idiocy completely failed on every level, he double downs  on it in a press conference.

19 minutes ago, shabby said:

People are calling for Gus's head because it was one of the most asinine game plans ever devised in college football. It undercut the quarter backs, wasted an entire off season that could've been used to develop a quarter back and then after the idiocy completely failed on every level, he double downs  on it in a press conference.

Exactly.  With the talent on this team thanks to top recruiting classes, we expect to always be a top rated team.  This yr thanks to two yrs of underperformance, AU wasn't rated.  We have the talent and showed Saturday that we indeed are a top team. One problem however, our head coach and his O coaches are idiots (Horton the exception).  We should have won Sat and made the statement that AU is back.  Instead, CGM is the laughingstock of college football.  And i for one cannot get over the loss because it was due to an idiotic coaching staff who refused to see the damage they were making and were not willing to admit fault afterwards.  Contrast how Texas fans feel today vs us.  

Rumors of young Briles coming in sound good but does anyone really think he will have autonomy over Gus?  These crazy plays and game plans are Gus.  And his arrogance and stubborness make him a reallt big A.  If there was any way to bring in Hermann and keep the defensive staff, I'd say fire this embarrasment if a coach this yr.

2 hours ago, mom2kid said:

Exactly.  With the talent on this team thanks to top recruiting classes, we expect to always be a top rated team.  This yr thanks to two yrs of underperformance, AU wasn't rated.  We have the talent and showed Saturday that we indeed are a top team. One problem however, our head coach and his O coaches are idiots (Horton the exception).  We should have won Sat and made the statement that AU is back.  Instead, CGM is the laughingstock of college football.  And i for one cannot get over the loss because it was due to an idiotic coaching staff who refused to see the damage they were making and were not willing to admit fault afterwards.  Contrast how Texas fans feel today vs us.  

Rumors of young Briles coming in sound good but does anyone really think he will have autonomy over Gus?  These crazy plays and game plans are Gus.  And his arrogance and stubborness make him a reallt big A.  If there was any way to bring in Hermann and keep the defensive staff, I'd say fire this embarrasment if a coach this yr.

Totally agree.  Gus' ego will not allow a good OC to have control.  Hermann is a pipe dream.  We would need an new AD and for Texas A&M,Texas and LSU not to be hiring. Even it that happened, I am not sure Hermann would come,

wde

22 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, cctiger said:

Gus has been in over his head ever since he left Arky State for the Plains.

Right. I'm sure you were screaming that from the rooftops in 2013. 

If you will go back and check my posts from before he was hired, I was never in favor of hireing him to begin with because of his lack of HC experience.  But I knew it was coming because that's who JJ wanted. And, I wasn't screaming nothing from the rooftops in 2013. I was very happy with the season that we had, but to me Malzahn is Chiz 2.0. as a head coach.

4 hours ago, AU04ever said:

No I didn't see the capital if. 

Agreed. That was a boondoggle

3 hours ago, AU04ever said:

As to regression, if we continue to regress then I'd be one to hope changes are made. 

Belichick 2017. Time for Saban to re-meet his maker.

28 minutes ago, cctiger said:

If you will go back and check my posts from before he was hired, I was never in favor of hireing him to begin with because of his lack of HC experience.  But I knew it was coming because that's who JJ wanted. And, I wasn't screaming nothing from the rooftops in 2013. I was very happy with the season that we had, but to me Malzahn is Chiz 2.0. as a head coach.

I can see where you would make that comparison. 

The reason I don't view him as such, is because in my opinion, last year (if Gus was Chiz 2.0) Gus would of lost this team. Sure we lost one game (LSU) by a good amount, every other loss was a winnable loss. Every one besides LSU was within 1 score. Chiz lost, but by the end of the season, he lost BIG. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I can see where you would make that comparison. 

The reason I don't view him as such, is because in my opinion, last year (if Gus was Chiz 2.0) Gus would of lost this team. Sure we lost one game (LSU) by a good amount, every other loss was a winnable loss. Every one besides LSU was within 1 score. Chiz lost, but by the end of the season, he lost BIG. 

The frustration on KJ/SW/JF faces when they were getting pulled and after a strange play call, scared me. Didn't look like they had faith in the coaching staff, which is pretty much the last thing I want to say about our team. Hopefully I was just seeing my own frustration through them

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

The frustration on KJ/SW/JF faces when they were getting pulled and after a strange play call, scared me. Didn't look like they had faith in the coaching staff, which is pretty much the last thing I want to say about our team. Hopefully I was just seeing my own frustration through them

No you weren't. I saw it too. I think everyone did. The local sports radio was already making fun of our BS 3QB system.

Hopefully one of the 3 will separate themselves sooner than later, and that garbage will stop. I don't care WHO the QB is. 

The way I see it, Gus owes it to the kids he brought here (to win championships with) just as much as he to us at this point. Those kids all knew we would and could have put up 25 that night. We were the better team. 

it almost makes me feel like Gus didn't think we were going to be in the game. I expected to see a 2009 iron bowl type of offense (maybe not quite as smooth considering it was game one). But I honestly have no idea what that offense was in the first half. I 100% feel like I could have called a better first half, offensively.

15 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Based on his -3 yard pass or how he hands the ball off?  We've never even seen him run the ball one time. No possible way to conclude he is the answer. We don't know if his zone reads were true reads or called handoffs...but if they were actual reads, then he's not even ready to run a zone read, let alone an offense.  For the life of me I cannot understand how so many people want to hand the team to a guy they have never seen do anything but hand off the ball and make one negative yardage pass. Hell, Truitt had more production than JF3. Sure the running lanes may have opened when he came in, but it was not because of anything he was doing. It was because Clemson didn't know what he could do so they played it safe. And guess what, neither does anyone else.  No one here has ever seen him run the ball or make a forward pass in a live game in D1. Not once. How anyone can conclude that he is the answer is beyond me.   That's not to say he can't be, but there is no possible reason to believe he is with the info available. 

First JF3 can run the ball like a champ I promise u that.  The running lanes definitely opened up because JF3 was in the game.  I don't see how anyone could conclude otherwise or not admit the respect that Clemson was giving him. They were scared of him taking off with the ball is why the lanes opened up. Sure they were playing it safe, but they would not have been playing it safe with JJ or SW. This Zone read is a weapon with JF3 in the game and it has to be used. I think a combo of SW and JF3 will be a pretty good option for the moment or until JF3 is ready to run the full offensive package which he wasn't against Clemson. We can win running the zone read and a few pass options for JF3 and win big. That is my opinion.

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

First JF3 can run the ball like a champ I promise u that.  The running lanes definitely opened up because JF3 was in the game.  I don't see how anyone could conclude otherwise or not admit the respect that Clemson was giving him. They were scared of him taking off with the ball is why the lanes opened up. Sure they were playing it safe, but they would not have been playing it safe with JJ or SW. This Zone read is a weapon with JF3 in the game and it has to be used. I think a combo of SW and JF3 will be a pretty good option for the moment or until JF3 is ready to run the full offensive package which he wasn't against Clemson. We can win running the zone read and a few pass options for JF3 and win big. That is my opinion.

I agree with this for the most part. Based on what I've seen and heard, I'm not sure if jf3 is ready to run the offense yet. I think we still need SW to be the main guy for the time being. Unless JJ can man up and run like he should be able to, there's no point in going with him over Sean or switching the two out. 

Seeing how Herman has used Ward Jr (and how effective he was against a big time school like Oklahoma), I don't see why Gus can't mold an offense around jf3 in the same way. Both really tiny guys who are always playing faster than anyone else on the field. 

I really hope our coach has this figured out.

do we practice today? (Holiday, no school I'm assuming)

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Totally agree.  Gus' ego will not allow a good OC to have control.  Hermann is a pipe dream.  We would need an new AD and for Texas A&M,Texas and LSU not to be hiring. Even it that happened, I am not sure Hermann would come,

wde

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

23, i have always had complete confidence in what you have written, absolute confidence, and still do, so don't take me wrong on what i say because i am a very angry old man right now.....when i see it, i'll believe it son.....you said that the o-line was a strength.....what i saw on saturday night looked like ticket holders for a village people concert....they were/are terrible.....

6 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

But you're forgetting a key component in that JF3 never kept the ball once, and a defense is going to lose respect for that play if you keep playing like that (see 2015). So I'm not ready to call that weapon just yet.

Archived