Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I know better than to panic after I saw us almost win a game against Clemson a probable playoff team with the terrible offensive game plan. We have talent everywhere including good passer in SW and and very good runner JF3 at qb. It is a little early to hit the panic button. Let's see how A&M goes. I fully expect the offense to look better and we will have an identity on offense instead of the shite show from Saturday. 

I hope your right about having an offensive identity,but why did Gus not get this figured out in the spring or at the very least in fall camp and be ready to go for the first game.I don't about you but it seems to me to be poor coaching if it takes half a season to figure out what you have on your team.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

If this is so, do you feel JF3 needs more snaps, and JJ, little to none? This, plus if you're going to run the wildcat, and you want JF3 to get more snaps, why not just run the wildcat with JF3?

Yes I would give JF3 more and JJ less.   

54 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I hope your right about having an offensive identity,but why did Gus not get this figured out in the spring or at the very least in fall camp and be ready to go for the first game.I don't about you but it seems to me to be poor coaching if it takes half a season to figure out what you have on your team.

Definitely been some poor offensive coaching so far. 

I guess I'm on board with you fire Gus folks so maybe this board will be less of a cesspool for a couple of years until AU runs off their next coach and it saddled with more buyout payments. 

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

we'll swap you malzahn for your AD!!!!....hell, we'll throw in our AD and a baby goat to boot...wha'cha say bout' that?

We'll keep our AD.  Don't need a new coach yet.  

I was joking with my stAte buds about how funny it'd be if stAte wins this weekend and Gus gets the ax.  I don't think it would happen, but funny.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Definitely been some poor offensive coaching so far. 

23, do you have any insight as to why in the world we didn't pursue Jerod Evans? He had a great game last Saturday as the starting QB for Va Tech and I think he'll have a huge year with the Hokies. With his size and skill set, it makes me sick to think what he could've done in this style of offense.

1 hour ago, senatorjesse said:

I was joking with my stAte buds about how funny it'd be if stAte wins this weekend and Gus gets the ax.  I don't think it would happen, but funny.

Man, I hope you're not a prophet.:-\

I'm would guess that Tammy never went to school here....maybe not anywhere, BUT she bleeds Blue and Orange with the best.

Charlie Strong used his quarterbacks exactly how we should have used White and Franklin. I was under the impression once we named a starter that was the overwhelmingly obvious thing to do. I had to refrain from posting until now. I, like all of you, was extremely disappointed that our players should have outplayed Clemson and we walked away with a loss.

The next three games will be a big testament as to whether Gus can handle being a head coach at a top program like ours.

41 minutes ago, AUTigers910 said:

Charlie Strong used his quarterbacks exactly how we should have used White and Franklin. I was under the impression once we named a starter that was the overwhelmingly obvious thing to do. I had to refrain from posting until now. I, like all of you, was extremely disappointed that our players should have outplayed Clemson and we walked away with a loss.

The next three games will be a big testament as to whether Gus can handle being a head coach at a top program like ours.

I'm hoping Gus watched the Texas game and saw how to utilize 2 different QBs strength.  Also, ol Jimbo Fisher showed that it pays off to stick to 1 QB last night with FSU.

39 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I'm hoping Gus watched the Texas game and saw how to utilize 2 different QBs strength.  Also, ol Jimbo Fisher showed that it pays off to stick to 1 QB last night with FSU.

I would certainly rather stick with just White as opposed to the quarterback cerousal we saw Saturday. I believe we would have won had White played the whole game. But I am a fan of bringing JFIII in for certain read option packages. We had some big lanes to run through while he was in the game. 

3 minutes ago, AUTigers910 said:

I would certainly rather stick with just White as opposed to the quarterback cerousal we saw Saturday. I believe we would have won had White played the whole game. But I am a fan of bringing JFIII in for certain read option packages. We had some big lanes to run through while he was in the game. 

I'm fine with bringing in JF3 a couple times, but there is no reason for JJ to ever be on the field.  Gus is making it so complicated. Watched Ole Miss dominate 1st half with simple passing attack and then FSU dominate 2nd half with same thing. No reason for 5 different guys to receive the snap like we witnessed Saturday night.

Just now, atl-tiger said:

I'm fine with bringing in JF3 a couple times, but there is no reason for JJ to ever be on the field.  Gus is making it so complicated. Watched Ole Miss dominate 1st half with simple passing attack and then FSU dominate 2nd half with same thing. No reason for 5 different guys to receive the snap like we witnessed Saturday night.

My feelings exactly. I felt as though Gus didn't think we could line up with them with what we had. His bells and whistles at the beginning along with the drive-killing substitutions disrupted the offense as a whole and showed a lack of confidence on his part. His overthinking has cost us a few ballgames with Saturday being the most glaring example.

15 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We do have a qb that can run the offense though and get us to UAT without another loss though.

I am not saying that we have to start JF3 to win. SW can start but we have to implement the zone read in with JF3 and we can still win alot of games.

Provided JF3 has truly fixed his turnover problems & can consistently get passes into WR zip codes.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Provided JF3 has truly fixed his turnover problems & can consistently get passes into WR zip codes.

He can get the ball in area of wr. Like I said we can still win having SW start and implementing the zone read with JF3. We have to see alot more of it that we saw Saturday though. JF3 can make a couple deep throws a game I can guarantee you that. We don't need him to be a good qb throwing the ball we just need him to make a few throws a game if he becomes the starter. I think the answer atm is we let SW start and we implement JF3 into the game with the zone read. 

20 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

He can get the ball in area of wr. Like I said we can still win having SW start and implementing the zone read with JF3. We have to see alot more of it that we saw Saturday though. JF3 can make a couple deep throws a game I can guarantee you that. We don't need him to be a good qb throwing the ball we just need him to make a few throws a game if he becomes the starter. I think the answer atm is we let SW start and we implement JF3 into the game with the zone read. 

Well the only thing I'm certain of is as of right now JJ does nothing better than either Sean or JF3 so he shouldn't not be playing at all.

17 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

We don't have Cam or Nick Marshal on the roster and Gus whiffed on Lamar Jackson.

wde

I wanted Lamar badly. He still needs work on his passing but i liked his tape. I don't think we really saw him as a key guy for that class....mainly as insurance. He def. wanted to come to Auburn but it seemed liked we slow played him and never really were aggressive enough with him and UL was so he moved. Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong about that but that's how the situation seemed to me. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well the only thing I'm certain of is as of right now JJ does nothing better than either Sean or JF3 so he shouldn't not be playing at all.

Agree and that includes running as I would rather SW run the ball than JJ. JJ is a timid scared runner and i am sorry thats just the truth. No excuse for him not getting that 1st down on the 4th down play inside the 5. Stupid call by Gus for putting him in that situation also.

17 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We do have a qb that can run the offense though and get us to UAT without another loss though.

I am not saying that we have to start JF3 to win. SW can start but we have to implement the zone read in with JF3 and we can still win alot of games.

I agree with this 100% and have always thought this since spring. I don't think it's fair to say what either QB can or can't do at this point b/c Gus gave didn't give either a real chance to say who should or shouldn't start. Yes SW did struggle some in the RZ but time and time again he was put in bad situations. We're going to need SW and JF3 in all of our games no matter which starts. JJ needs to be moved to another position. Trim it down to 2 QBs and learn how to fricking use both in game situations. Texas and Notre Dame showed how 2 QBs can work. However, they didn't pull their QBs every 2 or 3 plays. I fully think it can work for us if Gus gets his head out of his azz. 

14 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I know better than to panic after I saw us almost win a game against Clemson a probable playoff team with the terrible offensive game plan. We have talent everywhere including good passer in SW and and very good runner JF3 at qb. It is a little early to hit the panic button. Let's see how A&M goes. I fully expect the offense to look better and we will have an identity on offense instead of the shite show from Saturday. 

This is the only hope i'm clinging to at this moment. The fact in spite of the QB circle, we still had a chance to win. My fear is that Gus will keep up the QB debacle thinking the defense is going to basically bail us out each and every Saturday...we're going to end up losing guys to defense to injuries and Lord knows we don't need to lose ANY of them...esp. Lawson. 

13 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Agree and that includes running as I would rather SW run the ball than JJ. JJ is a timid scared runner and i am sorry thats just the truth. No excuse for him not getting that 1st down on the 4th down play inside the 5. Stupid call by Gus for putting him in that situation also.

Along that line, 23, any clue why we didn't use Pettway in any of our short yardage situations?  He is our bruiser, after all.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Along that line, 23, any clue why we didn't use Pettway in any of our short yardage situations?  He is our bruiser, after all.

I have wondered the same in posts above. I know KP would have gotten the yard and a half that was needed on that 4th down. KP is similar to the Texas backs we saw on Sunday. Big bruising 240 lb rb. I am high on KP and think he can be a player for us. He played Saturday on special teams I believe. 

Archived