Jason Smith

eulessau

Has something happened to Jason Smith that I haven't heard?  Is he injured or in Malzahn's doghouse?  Did not notice him in the game at all last week.

Wondering the same thing.  CRL was asked the same question and responded with something to the effect of, players that are giving the most effort are the ones that are getting the most playing time.  There is a thread with his interview.

Jason Smith has admitted to difficulty learning the new position in the wide receiver corps and the routes compared to his old position in the wide receiver corps.  It may be that compared with just better players.  I don't see why we don't use him like Sammie Coates and have him sprint down the field and take two defenders with him.

1 hour ago, eulessau said:

Has something happened to Jason Smith that I haven't heard?  Is he injured or in Malzahn's doghouse?  Did not notice him in the game at all last week.

Possible but there are no rumblings. If what the coaches said this week about the younger guys getting more practice & game reps is true then JS will drop further down the depth chart.

1 hour ago, eulessau said:

I said the same thing all game...that he had to be injured or doghoused. I expected him to be our deep threat. He and Truitt are the two fastest offensive players on the team.

I recall seeing Smith on one play. He obviously was not thrown to.

Absolutely nothing on offense made sense, so not surprised to see Smith sidelined.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Possible but there are no rumblings. If what the coaches said this week about the younger guys getting more practice & game reps is true then JS will drop further down the depth chart.

Really excited about seeing more of Kyle Davis (and Nate Craig Myers).  Really hoping the younger guys get some touches on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

He and Truitt are the two fastest offensive players on the team.

Maybe Smith is just too big to be our starting running back. 

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Jason Smith has admitted to difficulty learning the new position in the wide receiver corps and the routes compared to his old position in the wide receiver corps.

He was phenomenal on Speed Sweeps last season...averaged 6.2 YPC...best on the team (more than 2 carries).

Doesn't need to be a master at running routes to run the Speed Sweep.

Again, nothing made sense on offense.

4 hours ago, audeuce02 said:

Hard to play real receivers when Gus wanted 2 QB's on the field for numerous plays.

Or three?

But hell, we play receivers at running back now, he can move to that position

8 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

I think Will Hastings is what happened to Smith. Kid has so much upside 

They don't play the same WR position.

14 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe Smith is just too big to be our starting running back. 

>:(

Archived