Backup QB

bg5

So I know that Gus said that Woody hurt his ankle 3 weeks ago and I don't know how that is going but I just wanted to get the opinion of some of you closer to the team. If Sean gets hurt do you think that Woody is the real #2?

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Heck no... Cox is #2. Didn't you watch the game last week? :)

I want to get back on-board and support Gus; but that was funny right there!

2 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So you really think JFIII would be the backup if SW goes down?

Sadly it'd probably be JJ. I want it to be Woody. But right now it'd be JJ. IF that were to happen later in the season it'd probably be JFIII. The coaches would really like to redshirt Woody.

43 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So I know that Gus said that Woody hurt his ankle 3 weeks ago and I don't know how that is going but I just wanted to get the opinion of some of you closer to the team. If Sean gets hurt do you think that Woody is the real #2?

No. It would not be JJ it would be JF3. If JF3 continues to have problems with execution and the playbook maybe JJ would relieve SW if he got hurt in a close game that we can't afford any mistakes ie basically JJ coming into hand the ball off every play. JF3 is going to get snaps for the plays he can run especially the zone read no matter what or who would come in if SW got hurt. For the Arkansas State game though which is the next up JF3 is the backup qb that would relieve SW if an injury occurred. JF3 is the number 2 who will eventually become the starter IMO. That's not saying SW is going to blow it either. I still think both JF3 and SW will play all year but when JF3 is ready he will move into the starting role. That is my opinion as I have been saying all spring and summer. There is not a plan by the coaches to use SW as a filler at starting qb until JF3 ready. I think both SW and JF3 will have good games Saturday.

Maybe I'm wrong, but JF3 doesn't impress me.  When he was on the field he looked like a JV or middle school player out there (size wise).  He's not accurate, and what I've seen of him when he runs, he is no where close to keeping the ball secure.  IMO he should be our very last option at QB.

Archived