I'm Shutting Down the Sunshine & Rainbow Pump

PatBoCamRob

Both of these next two games will be toss-up close IMO. Granted we don't have Shon Coleman this season but he showed the formula for shutting down Myles Garrett (after last year's first quarter).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Well seeing how we haven't played a complete game in all 3 phases like that in quite awhile I'd say that's enough to "hoot and holler" about regardless of who we played. 

Correct. Auburn hasn't played a game like this since 2014, and maybe not since 2013 depending on how to look at it. It was a big step in the right direction. Yes it was ASU and no, they are not a powerhouse, but on a day when Auburn could have mailed it in and struggled to pull off a victory like UGA did, Auburn showed up focused and excelled in all 3 phases of the game. That stands for something and means this team can be focused when it wants to be. Does that mean Auburn will win every game from here on out? Absolutely not. There are a lot of questions to be answered in the next 2 weeks but no one can deny that the Auburn team that walked off the field Saturday night was a significantly different team than the one we've seen for the last year and a half. Maybe we'll win a lot this year and maybe not, but the effort and focus was definitely there and that's mighty encouraging and more than a lot of people expected. We'll see if that translates into success this weekend but for now, I'll take it.

1 hour ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Let's be clear about something.  While putting up over 700 yards of total offense is impressive under just about any scenario.  We should all refrain from the celebratory hootin' and hollerin' I saw these last few days.  AR St is a school that CGM was head coach of very recently- where he is likely a folk hero- where his former assistants and colleagues are currently working.  I reserve the right to withhold my praise of Saturday's performance until the team produces results against a team that matters and that wouldn't ostensibly allow Auburn to posterize them for sympathy's sake.  Teams like Kentucky use power puffs for their highlight reels.  We aren't Kentucky.

I have read a fair share of ridiculous things on this board but the idea that Arky St would lie down and let AU run over them out of affection for a former coach really is the goofiest one that I can remember.  The right you should reserve is your fifth amendment right against self-incrimination as a dope.  What I can't figure is if guys like you and tombigbee really just don't like Auburn or if your self-esteem is so tied up in Auburn football that any disappointment forces you to be the turd in the punch bowl.  We all know the difference between Arky State and Auburn but can still enjoy a nice win with the proper perspective.  Get a grip on yourself man.

1 hour ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Let's be clear about something.  While putting up over 700 yards of total offense is impressive under just about any scenario.  We should all refrain from the celebratory hootin' and hollerin' I saw these last few days.  AR St is a school that CGM was head coach of very recently- where he is likely a folk hero- where his former assistants and colleagues are currently working.  I reserve the right to withhold my praise of Saturday's performance until the team produces results against a team that matters and that wouldn't ostensibly allow Auburn to posterize them for sympathy's sake.  Teams like Kentucky use power puffs for their highlight reels.  We aren't Kentucky.

Is part of your argument saying that they let us win for sympathy purposes? You've got to be kidding me.

I think most here were "happy" to see a systematic game plan offensively that was well-planned and well-executed. As we saw Saturday and even with TN and App St, those games don't always go according to script. How many times have we watched the likes of La Tech (back in the 90s) and others give us more of a game than we had hoped? 

While pumping the brakes on claiming we are now the front runners for the Title is understandable, if anyone was even doing that; being happy to see a scheme work well offensively, instead of just being offensive to watch was a step in the right direction. Now we will see how it goes the next two weeks. The jury is still out. But, I feel better about our O identity and philosophy this Monday than I did last Monday.

1 hour ago, AURocketman said:

I was proud to see this performance.  Last week I did not think they could put up 700 yards against thin air.  

I agree it will be harder against a tougher defense.  But  AU also typically plays better with higher emotion and intensity against SEC opponents.

I like the correction in offensive game planning.  Gus had two choices: be stubborn and get bitter or humble and get BETTER!  I like the choice he made.

I got off the Bus during Clemson.  I still kept my tickets for A&M and LSU. May get back on before this season is over. 

I think Gus was forced to changed- but still gotta give him credit for doing it.

I think Tombigbee & PatCamBo are the same poster!

I have just bought the official rights of the Auburn Sunshine Pumpers INC. Never shall it be turned off again!

1 minute ago, lca408 said:

Correct. Auburn hasn't played a game like this since 2014, and maybe not since 2013 depending on how to look at it. It was a big step in the right direction. Yes it was ASU and no, they are not a powerhouse, but on a day when Auburn could have mailed it in and struggled to pull off a victory like UGA did, Auburn showed up focused and excelled in all 3 phases of the game. That stands for something and means this team can be focused when it wants to be. Does that mean Auburn will win every game from here on out? Absolutely not. There are a lot of questions to be answered in the next 2 weeks but no one can deny that the Auburn team that walked off the field Saturday night was a significantly different team than the one we've seen for the last year and a half. Maybe we'll win a lot this year and maybe not, but the effort and focus was definitely there and that's mighty encouraging and more than a lot of people expected. We'll see if that translates into success this weekend but for now, I'll take it.

Exactly. 

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I have just bought the official rights of the Auburn Sunshine Pumpers INC. Never shall it be turned off again!

This little light of mine?

I'm in.

47 minutes ago, aubinvnam said:

I have read a fair share of ridiculous things on this board but the idea that Arky St would lie down and let AU run over them out of affection for a former coach really is the goofiest one that I can remember.  The right you should reserve is your fifth amendment right against self-incrimination as a dope.  What I can't figure is if guys like you and tombigbee really just don't like Auburn or if your self-esteem is so tied up in Auburn football that any disappointment forces you to be the turd in the punch bowl.  We all know the difference between Arky State and Auburn but can still enjoy a nice win with the proper perspective.  Get a grip on yourself man.

I'm going with trolls. Surely there isn't someone that actually thinks a D1 college program would try to not win for any reason.

Not sure where the "Arky St laid down for AU cuz they love Gus" came from but if you'll remember in 2014 things were actually a little chippy and Arky St was basically showing it's a** because they were MAD at Gus for leaving them in 2013.  Not sure that being 2 years removed from those feelings would give them some kinda "warm fuzzies" over the magical Gus years, er I mean year.

3 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

I'm going with trolls. Surely there isn't someone that actually thinks a D1 college program would try to not win for any reason.

Especially not a FBS program that has gotten in the habit of winning their conference lately.

2 hours ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Who appointed you head of anything ? If we want to be proud of our guys we are not going to care what some bama loving know nothing thinks. Go back to your tuscalooser trailer park and watch your "tahd". They look like they got serious problems when the can only average 3.1 yds on 39 carries against an FCS team. WDE

All Auburn fans know the difference between Auburn and Arkansas St. The reason for the excitement and celebration was because the difference between them was posted on the scoreboard. That hasn't been done by Auburn often in the past couple of years. As others have pointed out some pretty big name teams have struggled this year with some small schools. I bet Oklahoma St would love to be celebrating a win over a small school today. The point is that we all get it, we beat a team with less talent. What is worth celebrating is that we did what was to be expected of an Auburn team. Arkansas St. never even had a chance. That feels GREAT. Wish you could enjoy it with the rest of us. 

TaMu - toss up

LSU - Auburn should win

ULM - Auburn win

Miss St - Auburn should win

Arkansas - Auburn should win at home

Ole Miss - Toss up

Vandy - Auburn should win

UGA - Auburn should win

Bama A&M - Auburn

Bama - Bama has the edge

Best case 10-2 Worst case 7-5

9-3 middle of the road

I'll pump sunshine all day

1 hour ago, aubinvnam said:

Wow, I missed that part of his drivel session.  Now I know I'm not dealing with a reasonable, thinking person.

nobody turns off my sunshine pump but me there scooter but i appreciate your trying. come pay my bills and we might talk. i will enjoy any auburn win i want. i want to believe you are just joshing us..............so i am just gonna go look for a repeat of the game so i can enjoy it more. a win from my auburn tigers is a s good or a high as i could buy anywhere. can i get a hell yeah? i hope that is not too flagrant staff. besides i am just having fun. as an aside what famous comic likes to call people scooter? first person to get it right will get their like button clicked...........

We will find out this week. This TAMU game, for Auburn, is very similar to our matchup against TAMU in '13. We have seen some glimpses, and know we have a chance to be good. The game in '13 set the tone for the rest of the season. We can do the same this weekend. No, TAMU is not as highly regarded as back then, but they have relatively equal talent to us and have played very well to start the year. They will be a top 20 team coming into JHS on Saturday night. We might not be quite there yet, but this week will tell us a lot about our team. We are still inexperienced but we have the talent, when utilized properly and in an organized manner, can cause problems for lots of teams. The crowd is going to be a huge advantage for us, we NEED JHS to be rocking early and hopefully the team gives the crowd something to be rowdy about early and to carry through the entire game. I am very concerned about Mack and Garrett getting into the backfield. If we allow them to beat our front we are going to be in trouble.

2 hours ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Point of fact...   Not a troll. Wish the case was otherwise.  And I look forward to coming back to this thread after our team puts up 500+ yards against aTm to praise the success.  I just take no joy from the shellacking of a mid-major, all things considered.  

All things considered, this team and fanbase needed to see a shellacking of a mid-major in a bad way.  Our HC needed to see how much he could trust his QB, he needed to see evidence that he could develop a successful gameplan with SW at the helm.  

This shellacking was a much needed tonic that will temporarily remedy the illness we ALL felt in the wake of that offensive ciaos we saw vs CU.

We fans (myself included) needed an opportunity to lay off Gus & Rhett and let them gain some trust from us again and shellacking a mid-major helped remove the bitter taste I had for Gus.

The sky is the limit for this team and our coaches.  WDE

2 hours ago, aubinvnam said:

Wish i could "like" this twice!

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

All things considered, this team and fanbase needed to see a shellacking of a mid-major in a bad way.  Our HC needed to see how much he could trust his QB, he needed to see evidence that he could develop a successful gameplan with SW at the helm.  

This shellacking was a much needed tonic that will temporarily remedy the illness we ALL felt in the wake of that offensive ciaos we saw vs CU.

We fans (myself included) needed an opportunity to lay off Gus & Rhett and let them gain some trust from us again and shellacking a mid-major helped remove the bitter taste I had for Gus.

The sky is the limit for this team and our coaches.  WDE

I'll second this and add that the shellacking also created A LOT of absolutely invaluable film that will allow us to keep improving, and it gave Chavis A LOT to think about. They are going to have to rep for Sean and John, consider Kerryon and Kam, and be aware of multiple receivers. A&Ms game prep got a lot harder Saturday night.

Archived