I'm Shutting Down the Sunshine & Rainbow Pump

PatBoCamRob

4 hours ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Let's be clear about something.  While putting up over 700 yards of total offense is impressive under just about any scenario.  We should all refrain from the celebratory hootin' and hollerin' I saw these last few days.  AR St is a school that CGM was head coach of very recently- where he is likely a folk hero- where his former assistants and colleagues are currently working.  I reserve the right to withhold my praise of Saturday's performance until the team produces results against a team that matters and that wouldn't ostensibly allow Auburn to posterize them for sympathy's sake.  Teams like Kentucky use power puffs for their highlight reels.  We aren't Kentucky.

Wow now that's an interesting post right there

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

This little light of mine?

I'm in.

you couldn't have said any better my friend!

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

TaMu - toss up

LSU - Auburn should win

ULM - Auburn win

Miss St - Auburn should win

Arkansas - Auburn should win at home

Ole Miss - Toss up

Vandy - Auburn should win

UGA - Auburn should win

Bama A&M - Auburn

Bama - Bama has the edge

Best case 10-2 Worst case 7-5

9-3 middle of the road

I'll pump sunshine all day

I need all of the help I can get with educating those who seem to be clueless as to what a Sunshine Pumper does. I will give you 50% of "The Sunshine Pumpers Inc." You meet all of the criteria that I am looking for as a 32nd degree Sunshine Pumper!

5 hours ago, leglessdan said:

You created a thread to enlighten us of that profound statement? We beat the crap out of a team we're supposed to. We're happy to see the team progress, nobody is claiming a National Championship. Slow your roll Francis.

I think I'll steal part of your last sentence for these dumb threads in the future with a slight change. From now on my response to these is "slow your Troll!"

No need to dog on the OP.  Some people have trouble dealing with disappointment, so they need to temper their expectations.  Others can get excited and take a let down in stride.  He is right in that we don't really know what this team will be and we wont for at least a week.... maybe two.  But I will say this... if we leave September 3-1, the pump better be on full blast.

7 hours ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Let's be clear about something.  While putting up over 700 yards of total offense is impressive under just about any scenario.  We should all refrain from the celebratory hootin' and hollerin' I saw these last few days.  AR St is a school that CGM was head coach of very recently- where he is likely a folk hero- where his former assistants and colleagues are currently working.  I reserve the right to withhold my praise of Saturday's performance until the team produces results against a team that matters and that wouldn't ostensibly allow Auburn to posterize them for sympathy's sake.  Teams like Kentucky use power puffs for their highlight reels.  We aren't Kentucky.

A troll that gives us orders to stop enjoying a win.  nice.   You are welcome to withhold your praise all you want.  We know that praise will never come from trolls like yourself regardless of how successful the season ends up being for Auburn.  You will still be the dirty diaper, wet blanket and sour puss troll at the end of the season that you are now.   Congrats.

9 hours ago, PatBoCamRob said:

Let's be clear about something.  While putting up over 700 yards of total offense is impressive under just about any scenario.  We should all refrain from the celebratory hootin' and hollerin' I saw these last few days.  AR St is a school that CGM was head coach of very recently- where he is likely a folk hero- where his former assistants and colleagues are currently working.  I reserve the right to withhold my praise of Saturday's performance until the team produces results against a team that matters and that wouldn't ostensibly allow Auburn to posterize them for sympathy's sake.  Teams like Kentucky use power puffs for their highlight reels.  We aren't Kentucky.

Feel better?

All I know is that is the most fun I have had watching an Auburn football game in quite some time.  It was nice to see us dominate on both sides of the ball.  We saw good passing; surprising highlight plays running, passing and on special teams; and a defense I looked forward to watching when they were out there. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

All I know is that is the most fun I have had watching an Auburn football game in quite some time.  It was nice to see us dominate on both sides of the ball.  We saw good passing; surprising highlight plays running, passing and on special teams; and a defense I looked forward to watching when they were out there. 

Well...I can't disagree with this fella....some of yall need to gethe a damned hobby if pulling for AU makes you this miserable...Ivery been there fwiw.

Only read a page or two of this, but I made a similar statement a few days ago. I got equally criticized. You aren't alone I your thoughts. We beat a team that lost to Toledo a week earlier. While we put up a ton of yards, we are going to have to up our performance next week. Not saying it can't happen, but I need to see us produce against a good team before I'm sold. Considering that aTm has not had a good defense the last few years, it may be the LSU game before we really know how good we are. I hope we do well, buying still cautiously optimistic. Arky state had an awful secondary...

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Good point!

For the first time in YEARS, I have actually been excited to see the D come out onto the field and looking forward to seeing them perform.

13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Good point!

For the first time in YEARS, I have actually been excited to see the D come out onto the field and looking forward to seeing them perform.

agree

11 hours ago, DAG said:

You know what is so weird about some of you guys? I ventured over to Texags and many of their fans realize we are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and that SW has great potential. They realize this will be a close game and are very worried about the play of Trevor Knight, yet our own fanbase can't get out of their own way. I would agree with the OP if most on here were saying we are in the driver seat in the SEC. That is just not the case. Many of us are just glad to see competent play on both sides of the field.

What are they saying? I was hoping for more threads with this topic in mind versus the * OP. 

I would think to most teams we are a mystery. We've put some crazy things on tape though.

7 hours ago, MichAU12 said:

Only read a page or two of this, but I made a similar statement a few days ago. I got equally criticized. You aren't alone I your thoughts. We beat a team that lost to Toledo a week earlier. While we put up a ton of yards, we are going to have to up our performance next week. Not saying it can't happen, but I need to see us produce against a good team before I'm sold. Considering that aTm has not had a good defense the last few years, it may be the LSU game before we really know how good we are. I hope we do well, buying still cautiously optimistic. Arky state had an awful secondary...

And just like him, you got an earful from people who pointed out to you that no one was overreacting in the first place.  No one is under the impression that we just hung 700 yds on LSU or that it means we're on our way to the SEC Championship Game because of it.  

Yes, all-knowing Seer of the Universe, we know it was Arky State.  We don't need your piercing insight to understand this and no one was making it out to be more than that.  But the point is, it was a good gameplan with coherent play calling and none of that cutesy crap that lost us the Clemson game.  And unlike some recent years where we struggled with inferior opponents like Jax St or San Jose St, we went out and took care of business this time.  So we are very encouraged.  Of course we want to see it against a conference foe.  But no one was exaggerating the meaning of the game in the first place, so we weren't in any need of your sober "brake pumping."

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And just like him, you got an earful from people who pointed out to you that no one was overreacting in the first place.  No one is under the impression that we just hung 700 yds on LSU or that it means we're on our way to the SEC Championship Game because of it.  

Yes, all-knowing Seer of the Universe, we know it was Arky State.  We don't need your piercing insight to understand this and no one was making it out to be more than that.  But the point is, it was a good gameplan with coherent play calling and none of that cutesy crap that lost us the Clemson game.  And unlike some recent years where we struggled with inferior opponents like Jax St or San Jose St, we went out and took care of business this time.  So we are very encouraged.  Of course we want to see it against a conference foe.  But no one was exaggerating the meaning of the game in the first place, so we weren't in any need of your sober "brake pumping."

Ok. Just so we are clear on all of those points, including that I am the "all seer of the universe."

58 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

MicahAU12 and PatBoCamRob are, seriously, the jackassery you get when "keeping it real" goes wrong.

34 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Jackasses gonna jackass.

Trolls gonna troll.

Micah and Patbo have good points but the problem is they're just as extreme on the negativity side as the homers on the sunshine pumping side. Neither side can ever be taken too seriously despite their wealth of good points. These two gents haven't exerted their negativity on the board enough to be called trolls though. That Oxford dude was a troll. These, not so much. 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Trolls gonna troll.

You can't troll your own team. I've been an Auburn fan since the 60's. I like the guy who started this thread are just trying to reality check some of the overly optimistic fans. We will know more in the next two weeks. End of discussion.

Archived