Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

See what we did with the HC of the basketball team.

we went out and found the BEST most EXPERIENCED coach out there, one who was a PROVEN winner, time and time again. He had a somewhat tarnished reputation but he was known as a good guy and an amazing coach. That program is looking to be on more of an upward trend than I think I have ever seen it.

i don't know how to feel about Gus right now, I guess I need to sleep on it. The matter on hand right now is that we are 1-2 when we should be 3-0, based on most of our fan's opinions. Trying to be too cute and not knowing what your players (mainly QBs...) are capable of well into the season has hurt us. I love Gus's offense more than anyone else's when it's firing on all cylinders but at this point the negatives are outweighing the positives.

with all of the amazing moments, Prayer at JH, Kick 6, SECCG, 2010, it would be a terribly hard break up. But with the way he has shown that auburn can be a national power in recruiting top 5 classes, year in and year out, we deserve to see on the field production at least somewhat mimic that. Let us hope that Gus either turns it around, quick or we get a new coach even quicker because i would hate to see our recruiting take a huge hit

Exactly!  This is why I want us to look deeply into the Art Briles situation.  He could possibly be the football version of Bruce Pearl.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Didn't he just get an extension? What are the financial considerations? A lot goes in to firing a guy other than fans being mad. 

Empty stands cost a lot more than buyouts.  Tickets were available for today's game for $18. Think how many people won't be buying all the extra tickets after tonight.  Lose to LSU and its bye bye

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Empty stands cost a lot more than buyouts.  Tickets were available for today's game for $18. Think how many people won't be buying all the extra tickets after tonight.  Lose to LSU and its bye bye

Wow, that's cheap.  Not good.

It is not just about winning. It is about our AD writing contracts for employees of the university that give them a reason to fail at their job. If they are going to pay folks to work here they should at least require them to be somewhat successful at what they do. 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

I agree with this. Winning is everything. 

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Living by the Auburn Creed means much more!  We do things the right way.  That is what separates us from other schools.  We are not just alumni, we are a family.  We have a standard of character to uphold.  Petrino does not fit our standard.

1 minute ago, macauburn said:

I don't understand why Franklin is on the sidelines, anything is worth a try at this point.  What ever recruiting mojo that we had after 2010 and 2013 is lost.  If the team doesn't win  any of the home games, I believe the offense has gone into an irreversible coma.  I can't imagine any decent football player wanting to play for Malzahn and company at this point.    I think that Gus just doesn't have the chops to coach at Auburn, He had to know that without a running quarterback, the offense is stagnant.  How did Petrino get that Jackson kid?  He can run and pass.  The team is on a downward slope.  That had to be the most boring and predictable football game I have ever seen.  well , at least we don't have any distractions.

He got Jackson b/c we didn't fully commit to him as QB in that class. I admit Jackson's tape as a passer was raw but i wanted him badly in that class. UL showed him a lot of love and that they truly wanted him. But here's the thing...who knows if that's the same Lamar we would've gotten b/c our coaches can't develop and set up a QB to succeed to save their lives. I'm happy for Lamar...it all worked out for him. He wanted to come to AU badly though. 

Jacobs needs to leave with him. Truthfully, they both should be packing their bags tonight. I, too, was a Petrino fan when Chizik was fired. I don't care about his affairs, he can coach and it seems he's learned to leave the defense to defensive coaches.

3 minutes ago, hutchids said:

That and Stanford is a sweet gig now. No Chip Kelly at Oregon. Washington is the only Traditional Power in their division and they've been down since the early 2000s. USC is down, and UCLA hasn't been a force for a while now. Stanford can be a big deal for a while if he his team together.

Great point.  It is a dream gig with freakin stanford students as your team, and they are good.  I am thinking Briles.  We are already equipped to his O.  Stidham comes in and runs the show.

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Living by the Auburn Creed means much more!  We do things the right way.  That is what separates us from other schools.  We are not just alumni, we are a family.  We have a standard of character to uphold.  Petrino does not fit our standard.

His redemption story is pretty good right now. Forgiveness is big also. Everyone has made mistakes.  

8 minutes ago, Charhair said:

See what we did with the HC of the basketball team.

we went out and found the BEST most EXPERIENCED coach out there, one who was a PROVEN winner, time and time again. He had a somewhat tarnished reputation but he was known as a good guy and an amazing coach. That program is looking to be on more of an upward trend than I think I have ever seen it.

i don't know how to feel about Gus right now, I guess I need to sleep on it. The matter on hand right now is that we are 1-2 when we should be 3-0, based on most of our fan's opinions. Trying to be too cute and not knowing what your players (mainly QBs...) are capable of well into the season has hurt us. I love Gus's offense more than anyone else's when it's firing on all cylinders but at this point the negatives are outweighing the positives.

with all of the amazing moments, Prayer at JH, Kick 6, SECCG, 2010, it would be a terribly hard break up. But with the way he has shown that auburn can be a national power in recruiting top 5 classes, year in and year out, we deserve to see on the field production at least somewhat mimic that. Let us hope that Gus either turns it around, quick or we get a new coach even quicker because i would hate to see our recruiting take a huge hit

I concur completely.  Briles is the definition of this.

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sweet Lord.....

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don't see David Shaw leaving the left coast to coach in the heart of Dixie any time soon.

You're likely right, but at least make him say no. 

in order

-Shaw

-Dantonio (sp?) MSU

-Herman

-NDSU's coach (too tired to look it up, but they've beaten better teams that we have and I'm pretty sure they haven't been in the top 100 in the recruiting rankings. 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Hate to tell you Gus ain't going anywhere unless its a total dumpster

I'm not sure it won't be by the time the season is over. I just looked at the schedule again and it's looking worse and worse by the minute. 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just asking...Is he more secured in his job b/c of the extension or it would've been the same without the extension? 

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Football is about winning. Steer clear of NCAA violations and win on the field. That's what we need for a football coach. Don't break real laws, don't run afoul of the NCAA and win. That's what I want.

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We're already a dumpster and half a step away from dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

His redemption story is pretty good right now. Forgiveness is big also. Everyone has made mistakes.  

There are mistakes.....and then there are total failures of character and the lack of a moral compass. 

8 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I agree with this. Someone will call us a creed monster though. Not that I care. Those that would call us that are right in line with turd fans iyam

Archived