Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lol we have lost to Miss St 2 years in a row, how some can believe we CAN'T lose to them is really weird to me. The last time we beat Miss St was in 2013 :0

Possibly because "can't" was not what was being suggested.  Shouldn't would be a much more accurate word.  And, past seasons seem like a much less significant indicator than what has happened this season.

Are you expecting a loss on Saturday?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Possibly because "can't" was not what was being suggested.  Shouldn't would be a much more accurate word.  And, past seasons seem like a much less significant indicator than what has happened this season.

Are you expecting a loss on Saturday?

No I am not expecting a loss. I'm not sure I'm expecting a win, as much as thinking AU should win. First road game, 90% of our yardage is being gained by 1st and 2nd year players. There's no telling how the kids react to the environment, the early morning kickoff, or if a turnover or a bad play happens how they react away from home. Those are pretty much the reasons why I'm not expecting and AU win but I'm cautiously optimistic because we have better players but are so young. But AU is almost always in a position that AU should beat MSU. But we can't approach this game like it's a given IMO.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

No I am not expecting a loss. I'm not sure I'm expecting a win, as much as thinking AU should win. First road game, 90% of our yardage is being gained by 1st and 2nd year players. There's no telling how the kids react to the environment, the early morning kickoff, or if a turnover or a bad play happens how they react away from home. Those are pretty much the reasons why I'm not expecting and AU win but I'm cautiously optimistic because we have better players but are so young. But AU is almost always in a position that AU should beat MSU. But we can't approach this game like it's a given IMO.

Absolutely agree but, I don't see any reason to be afraid.  

Confident but,,,not overly confident?  I think that is what we are actually talking about?

I'm not sure AU should be favored over anyone other than vandy and Chattanooga.   Until AU starts to put consistent points on the board and continues to keep other teams from scoring, that's when I will say we have turned a corner.   Not quite convinced that lashlee can call a complete game against quality teams 

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Absolutely agree but, I don't see any reason to be afraid.  

Confident but,,,not overly confident?  I think that is what we are actually talking about?

Nah definitely not scared. Yeah I guess there's a fine line. I just need to see it before I buy in. I mean our program sunk to a level where we've got guys on the roster who are halfway through their careers who have never beaten Miss State. Ugh

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Nah definitely not scared. Yeah I guess there's a fine line. I just need to see it before I buy in. I mean our program sunk to a level where we've got guys on the roster who are halfway through their careers who have never beaten Miss State. Ugh

I agree with you to an extent. The thing we have on our side is battle tested. This group has went up against one if not two of the better teams in the country and never quit. Hell, the D has stood tall in every game. I'm confident, but agree that anything could happen on Saturday...I just don't think it's likely to this time around. 

42 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Goes with the territory.  Not easy being in the toughest division of the toughest conference.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Auburn definitely needs to get back to your last two sentences. MSU was almost always a sure win. Hopefully Saturday they are reminded of their place in the SEC. 

Let's just say that with respect to the topic of this post a win over State is important. We haven't yet scored multiple TDs on a quality opponent, and State is a quality opponent.

And we might remember one other thing: a road win at State is always a good win.

I guess that is what I'm saying. I'm not confident yet in our offense's ability to get TDs against P5 talent or come out on top in a situation where we are down 10 or 14 points.

We've scored like, what, one touchdown against someone not named AK state and Monroe? Our defense will keep it close, but I've not seen anything yet to indicate that we can outscore quality competition. Field goals won't cut it forever

I got an Idea let's go out and hire Bobby P. They only lost to Clemson by 6. Wait a minute, that is the same that Gus lost by and they had all summer to prepare for AU. SMH. WDE

Archived