Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Can't stand Saban.  By all reports I've heard he is a class A-1 jerk.  There are plenty of good coaches out there, I would take any of them but Saban.

Why would the fact that he's "a jerk" have any effect on you? You aren't working for him; nor would you realistically ever have any actual interaction with him.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MichAU12 said:

The , no offense, but this is the wrong fan base for you. At Auburn, we win with class.

Sorry, you're stuck with me. My diploma says Auburn and I won't abandon my alma mater.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

We're not going to hire Petrino, not going to hire Briles, Herman isn't coming...if Gus doesn't survive and Jacobs and the good ol BOT are doing the hiring then we will end up with more of the same.

This guy may be for hire. Should be pretty cheap too. winkler_display_image.jpg?1302539174

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

It wasn't private. And it got the university embroiled in a scandal. 

I agree his "private life" became his public life.  What one does in the dark soon comes to light.  When you are a representative of a University and a football program, you are held to a higher standard and level of integrity.  His misbehavior became the university's misbehavior.

6 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

I can't even believe people are suggesting we hire Petrino. He can win, but he will also bail mid season as soon as he gets an offer for something he perceives to be a better opportunity. 

There are no better opportunities than Auburn.  When was the last time an AU head coach left under his own power to take a "bigger" job? The only actual step up is to the NFL, and everyone knows that Petrino isn't welcome back there.

I would love to have Petrino but considering how AU treated him last time this job was open I'm not sure he would come anyway.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

His problem was getting into a motorcycle accident with his side piece. I would hope he's learned more discretion since then.

If you think it would've been a secret anyway you are clueless. It was actually in the rumor mill already. He wasn't discreet. He is still just a scumbag with some coaching talent. 

The last coach that we hired that was a jerk was coach Sonny in baseball. And that resulted in Jacobs saying, "I'm not giving you another dime, brother"

Just now, CR said:

I would love to have Petrino but considering how AU treated him last time this job was open I'm not sure he would come anyway.

He wouldn't.  Nor will Herman.  We are going to be stuck gambling on another assistant somewhere.  The question is who?

Honestly, I think AU is screwed for years to come.  Expect 7-5 most every year.

1 minute ago, AcUmen said:

He wouldn't.  Nor will Herman.  We are going to be stuck gambling on another assistant somewhere.  The question is who?

Honestly, I think AU is screwed for years to come.  Expect 7-5 most every year.

That's the spirit!

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

If you think it would've been a secret anyway you are clueless. It was actually in the rumor mill already. He wasn't discreet. He is still just a scumbag with some coaching talent. 

Again, you overestimate my concern over an extramarital affair in someone's life.  Would I cheat on my wife? No. I also don't expect others to live their lives in regards to how I feel they live theirs.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

The last coach that we hired that was a jerk was coach Sonny in baseball. And that resulted in Jacobs saying, "I'm not giving you another dime, brother"

He was a disaster in the making. A bullet was dodged when he was kicked to the curb. 

Just now, Weegle777 said:

AU isn't a Seminary, and we aren't training pastors. It is a major power 5 school with a huge football history. We need a coach that wins.

Truth!

War Eagle, Weegle777!

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Why would the fact that he's "a jerk" have any effect on you? You aren't working for him; nor would you realistically ever have any actual interaction with him.

Saban treats his staff and players like crap.  I don't like the guy.  That's my opinion.  I've talked to Alabama fans who despite the fact of his record, don't like his coaching approach.  No doubt Saban's record at UAt has been good, but overall outside the SEC his coaching record has been less than stellar.  He tried to take the same coaching philosophy to the NFL and it failed miserably.  The staff and players would not put up with his crap.

1 minute ago, selias said:

Again, you overestimate my concern over an extramarital affair in someone's life.  Would I cheat on my wife? No. I also don't expect others to live their lives in regards to how I feel they live theirs.

You should be concerned about the judgement and character of someone in such a high profile position. You should care about who is representing Auburn on such a huge stage.. 

If we would have gotten UL's QB, our season would be different.  No play calling or coaching would screw up him.  Im luke warm on Petrino.  Would rather have Herman or Briles.

I want a coach with a proven track record and not a coach on the rise or awful reboot (Kiffin).

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Saban treats his staff and players like crap.  I don't like the guy.  That's my opinion.  I've talked to Alabama fans who despite the fact of his record, don't like his coaching approach.  No doubt Saban's record at UAt has been good, but overall outside the SEC his coaching record has been less than stellar.  He tried to take the same coaching philosophy to the NFL and it failed miserably.  The staff and players would not put up with his crap.

But he is a winner, big time winner.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

You should be concerned about the judgement and character of someone in such a high profile position. You should care about who is representing Auburn on such a huge stage.. 

Does he win? Does he do it within the rules? Does he break the law?

The answer I want from my head football coach is yes on those. I don't remember the specifics but I think Petrino would be yes, yes and sorta. That's still better than Bruce Pearl who would answer yes, no, and no.

4 minutes ago, Weegle777 said:

AU isn't a Seminary, and we aren't training pastors. It is a major power 5 school with a huge football history. We need a coach that wins.

Please. No one is asking for a perfect man. Just one who uses good judgement and has enough character to represent Auburn favorably. 

Please. No one is asking for a perfect man. Just one who uses good judgement and has enough character to represent Auburn favorably. 

Seems a reasonable thing to ask for.

1 minute ago, selias said:

Does he win? Does he do it within the rules? Does he break the law?

The answer I want from my head football coach is yes on those. I don't remember the specifics but I think Petrino would be yes, yes and sorta. That's still better than Bruce Pearl who would answer yes, no, and no.

Technically Petrino could've gotten his university in some legal trouble. Maybe they paid her off like bammer did with that secretary.

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Most Alabama fans I talk to think he is the best coach to ever walk the earth other than Bear. They also think he is passionate about teaching his players about life after football so the douchebag side of Saban is always ignored by the bammer sheep. What Bama fans do you talk to?

Technically Petrino could've gotten his university in some legal trouble. Maybe they paid her off like bammer did with that secretary.

Could have. Still better than Pearl actually getting his employer in trouble.

Archived