Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

A Win against LSU and the season can be turned around as crazy and unlikely as that might seem.

But then what? Gus has a brain fart the next big game. It's a constant up and down with this man. He simply doesn't get it! He goes and calls a great game last week. That wasn't a similar game plan. I know it was Arky St but he went right back to the Gus of last year. He's flat out clueless!

8 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

i was a huge petrino supporter when they were hiring.   But im not one to say "i told you so" 

Petrino wouldn't win over the fan base. A lot of fans, my self included, would not support him. Auburn prides itself on not hiring scumball coaches.

Just now, Weegle777 said:

You know, honestly, Petrino would be a fool to leave what he has created to come into this mess.

He would come tomorrow, IMO. The man has begged at least twice for the job. 

I can't support Gus anymore. He has shown that losing has become acceptable to him. Every since he lost to FSU in the NC he has not been able to lead these young men. He is a nice guy just not what we need at AU. I think with Gouge leaving it would be a good time to clean house and terminate Jacobs as well. Maybe that way we can get rid of this awful crude we have somehow caught.WDE

1 minute ago, MichAU12 said:

Petrino wouldn't win over the fan base. A lot of fans, my self included, would not support him. Auburn prides itself on not hiring scumball coaches.

Then you must pride yourself for what is on the field.  

Just now, MichAU12 said:

And this kind of mentality is the problem. 

Why would anybody ever want to go work for Jay Jacobs?   Baseball program in shambles......Basketball program terrible...Football speaks for itself....so  am I missing something?   tired of being the butt of jokes

1 minute ago, douggwilliams said:

What is the buyout?  I know he just extended his deal.  If it is bad, JJ goes as well.  With a new President, time to get in a businessman instead of an ex player as an AD

He wasn't even a good player, the only thing he's capable of is knowing the right people's butt to kiss. 

3 minutes ago, MichAU12 said:

Also,  you would be very surprised how quickly "wins" win over a fan base. 

If a change is going to be made it would need to wait until a new president comes in and in turn they get rid of Jacobs. Jacobs has to go first IF a change is made. You will never hire a big name coach with Jacobs in place. Gouge would need to leave before calendar year is up and a successor named first. Then the dominos could fall. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

But then what? Gus has a brain fart the next big game. It's a constant up and down with this man. He simply doesn't get it! He goes and calls a great game last week. That wasn't a similar game plan. I know it was Arky St but he went right back to the Gus of last year. He's flat out clueless!

I agree. Gus has shown that losing means nothing to him. He used to get upset about it. Now watch at his presser, he will say they practiced good and we will get better. Just no idea when. If he was a true stand up guy he would resign because he has not done his job in sometime. WDE

Gus has killed this ausome job opportunity by fooling himself into thinking he can win in the SEC West with any kind of QB.    This ain't Tulsa.   The SEC is too big for him.   Sux but its true.

2 minutes ago, MichAU12 said:

I totally agree. Petrino is not a good fit for Auburn. I would rather bring Pat Dye out of retirement or bring back Tubby.

Just now, Weegle777 said:

And this kind of mentality is the problem. 

Sorry. Auburn a school first and a tea second. A head coach of a major sport is an important image reflecting the culture of the school. Petrino would suggest "this is a school where we only care about getting ahead no matter the cost." If you want to pull for a school with that mentality, try that other school in Tuscaloosa.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

If a change is going to be made it would need to wait until a new president comes in and in turn they get rid of Jacobs. Jacobs has to go first IF a change is made. You will never hire a big name coach with Jacobs in place. Gouge would need to leave before calendar year is up and a successor named first. Then the dominos could fall. 

Exactly. If Jacobs is still here to name a new HC we might as well just keep Gus and save some money. 

Archived