Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

1 minute ago, MichAU12 said:

Sorry. Auburn a school first and a tea second. A head coach of a major sport is an important image reflecting the culture of the school. Petrino would suggest "this is a school where we only care about getting ahead no matter the cost." If you want to pull for a school with that mentality, try that other school in Tuscaloosa.

This type of mentality is why we are where we are. Football is a business. I want to win.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bdobbins90 said:

oh yeah,  that will get the ball rolling

hope you can sense the sarcasm 

2 minutes ago, MichAU12 said:

Sorry. Auburn a school first and a tea second. A head coach of a major sport is an important image reflecting the culture of the school. Petrino would suggest "this is a school where we only care about getting ahead no matter the cost." If you want to pull for a school with that mentality, try that other school in Tuscaloosa.

I wouldnt love Petrino, but I would forget about a lot of his past if he wins here and does nothing to embarrass the school.

Gus is this generations Terry "buster brown" Bowden. I admit I was one of those who thought he would be a great head coach, clearly Jay Jacobs and I was sadly mistaken. Time to cut bait and load Gus up on that broke down, sputtering engine, tires all flattened bus and send him on down the road. It's all on him, he's had the reins for 4 years and the teams has steadily declined after the 1st year. Goodby Gus, won't be sad to see you and your minions gone. 

25 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Didn't he just get an extension? What are the financial considerations? A lot goes in to firing a guy other than fans being mad. 

Yeah, we gave him an extension. We'd owe him 2.2 Mill a year through 2020. We're still paying chiz too. unless we 2012 this year, he'll get one more chance. We'd owe to much to fire him. 

Petrino has repeatedly proven himself to be scum!  There is no way I would support that hire.  I would rather lower my expectations to hoping for a bowl game than to win big with Petrino.

The references to Saban and Kiffin are completely different!  Saban is a jerk, but he isn't the scum that Petrino is.  And Kiffin is just an idiot with a big mouth.  These issues aren't in the same stratosphere as Petrino's issues! 

Briles, on the other hand, may be a legit hire.  I really want to know what his issues were at Baylor.  All I heard was that he was a stand up character guy until the poop hit the fan. Was he just negligent? or was there more to it than that?

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Petrino has repeatedly proven himself to be scum!  There is no way I would support that hire.  I would rather lower my expectations to hoping for a bowl game than to win big with Petrino.

The references to Saban and Kiffin are completely different!  Saban is a jerk, but he isn't the scum that Petrino is.  And Kiffin is just an idiot with a big mouth.  These issues aren't in the same stratosphere as Petrino's issues! 

Briles, on the other hand, may be a legit hire.  I really want to know what his issues were at Baylor.  All I heard was that he was a stand up character guy until the poop hit the fan. Was he just negligent? or was there more to it than that?

This! 

19 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Make David Shaw say no. Enough with the Auburn connections. Guy can flat out coach and his players are prepared. 

I don't see David Shaw leaving the left coast to coach in the heart of Dixie any time soon.

Dear Mr. New Auburn University President,

Please fire Jay Jacobs and Gus Malzahn.  Please replace them with top notch level men who have a proven track record and a respectable character.  We pay our coaches and administration top level salaries.  The least we expect is that they earn these salaries.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Auburn Athletics Supporter

See what we did with the HC of the basketball team.

we went out and found the BEST most EXPERIENCED coach out there, one who was a PROVEN winner, time and time again. He had a somewhat tarnished reputation but he was known as a good guy and an amazing coach. That program is looking to be on more of an upward trend than I think I have ever seen it.

i don't know how to feel about Gus right now, I guess I need to sleep on it. The matter on hand right now is that we are 1-2 when we should be 3-0, based on most of our fan's opinions. Trying to be too cute and not knowing what your players (mainly QBs...) are capable of well into the season has hurt us. I love Gus's offense more than anyone else's when it's firing on all cylinders but at this point the negatives are outweighing the positives.

with all of the amazing moments, Prayer at JH, Kick 6, SECCG, 2010, it would be a terribly hard break up. But with the way he has shown that auburn can be a national power in recruiting top 5 classes, year in and year out, we deserve to see on the field production at least somewhat mimic that. Let us hope that Gus either turns it around, quick or we get a new coach even quicker because i would hate to see our recruiting take a huge hit

Jay Gogue is retiring. It is time to fire (force into retirement) everyone and reset our athletic program. Good decisions have been made, but unfortunately many more bad decisions have been made and it is hurting our University. If we do not raise our voice and make them notice, we will be stuck in this rut for many, many years to come.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

The Waffle House may go broke before the season is over.

Yes but the tree huggers love Gus because he's saving trees left and right by fans not being able to roll Toomer's corner after a big game. Some poor guy at Procter and Gamble is having to answer why his sales in East Central Alabama are down two consecutive years. 

Just now, keesler said:

I don't see David Shaw leaving the left coast to coach in the heart of Dixie any time soon.

That and Stanford is a sweet gig now. No Chip Kelly at Oregon. Washington is the only Traditional Power in their division and they've been down since the early 2000s. USC is down, and UCLA hasn't been a force for a while now. Stanford can be a big deal for a while if he his team together.

Just now, Charhair said:

See what we did with the HC of the basketball team.

we went out and found the BEST most EXPERIENCED coach out there, one who was a PROVEN winner, time and time again. He had a somewhat tarnished reputation but he was known as a good guy and an amazing coach. That program is looking to be on more of an upward trend than I think I have ever seen it.

i don't know how to feel about Gus right now, I guess I need to sleep on it. The matter on hand right now is that we are 1-2 when we should be 3-0, based on most of our fan's opinions. Trying to be too cute and not knowing what your players (mainly QBs...) are capable of well into the season has hurt us. I love Gus's offense more than anyone else's when it's firing on all cylinders but at this point the negatives are outweighing the positives.

with all of the amazing moments, Prayer at JH, Kick 6, SECCG, 2010, it would be a terribly hard break up. But with the way he has shown that auburn can be a national power in recruiting top 5 classes, year in and year out, we deserve to see on the field production at least somewhat mimic that. Let us hope that Gus either turns it around, quick or we get a new coach even quicker because i would hate to see our recruiting take a huge hit

I love the BB HC hire but he kind of landed in our lap. 

I don't understand why Franklin is on the sidelines, anything is worth a try at this point.  What ever recruiting mojo that we had after 2010 and 2013 is lost.  If the team doesn't win  any of the home games, I believe the offense has gone into an irreversible coma.  I can't imagine any decent football player wanting to play for Malzahn and company at this point.    I think that Gus just doesn't have the chops to coach at Auburn, He had to know that without a running quarterback, the offense is stagnant.  How did Petrino get that Jackson kid?  He can run and pass.  The team is on a downward slope.  That had to be the most boring and predictable football game I have ever seen.  well , at least we don't have any distractions.

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This type of mentality is why we are where we are. Football is a business. I want to win.

I agree with this. Winning is everything. 

Archived