Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I'm glad everyone is riding the ole high horse tonight. Also I am not saying hire petrino.  I am saying winning cures all. Quote the creed guys or accept the reality. Winning is everything and until AU has that mindset there will be these type of games , seasons, and continued coaching get carousel.  I know it's sucks.

What's high horse about stating the truth? What Petrino did was not some minor thing. He put his employer in a very precarious and extremely embarassing position. That shows who he is.

Sometimes it's bigger than a game. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

And for some it's hard to understand how people prefer winning and lack of character to being average with character. I'll take average with character every day and twice on Sundays over selling out morals to win a damn football game.  Integrity is everything. There are more important things in life than football. When AU starts becoming a win at all costs program like the turds, that's the day I stop cheering. 

Oh please dont stop cheering.  You being a fan means the world to me.      

8 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This began when Gus could not get Jeremy Johnson ready last year. He & Duke Williams should have set records together. Jeremy Johnson is one of the most physically gifted QB's Auburn has EVER had.

Then, he could not convince either offensive tackle to stay for their final year of eligibility. As a result, we down graded at both tackle positions and the Center position after we were forced to move our center to LT. 

These issues are all compounded by the fact that we were unable to sign 5* OT Martez Ivey even though he was living with our Chandler Cox's family. Then we signed Tyler Queen instead of Lamar Jackson. Let that sink in all night...

Could've had both but we choose not to do so

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Really guys????

You would support the decision to hire Bobby Petrino as HC of Auburn?

Absolutely.

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

Really guys????

I'm not even thinking about next year right now, but Petrino's name sounds better than the Lane Kiffen crap I've been hearing - why go from one head coaching disaster to another?

27 minutes ago, MichAU12 said:

Sorry. Auburn a school first and a tea second. A head coach of a major sport is an important image reflecting the culture of the school. Petrino would suggest "this is a school where we only care about getting ahead no matter the cost." If you want to pull for a school with that mentality, try that other school in Tuscaloosa.

Or Louisville? We give student athletes second chances, bball coaches second chances.?. We will stay irrelevant  with coaches like CGC and CGM   I want to say  a lot but it's not my character 

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

FYI, the BOT has to sign off on every contract.  Jacobs isn't doing a damn thing on his own.  Hell, Jacobs used a committee including Bo Jackson and Pat Sullivan to evaluate available coaches and they signed off on Gus.

I have no problem with the hiring but once you hire them you have to give them marching orders and you have to hold them to it. You do that by the contract. The BOT unfortunately just sign off on what JJ writes. WDE 

43 minutes ago, Weegle777 said:

You know, honestly, Petrino would be a fool to leave what he has created to come into this mess.

Yep.  AU is a dumpster fire and is not an attractive program at all right now.  All we're going to get is some retread HC that has been around the block a time or two.  We are not going to get an ace HC like a Petrino.  Not now.  Not with our recent history and not with Saban at UAT.

3 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Really guys????

Only if he brought Lamar Jackson with him.

FIRE GUS AND JAY...THAT OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN WAS PATHETIC...How many targets to Kyle Davis ? To the tight end?Who called/designed the play that pulls the rt guard to try and block the rt DE(Miles Garrett). He blew it up every time.I can go on all night.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Maybe i'm wrong but i just don't know if we can get that at this point. Unless Briles clearly shows he wasn't aware of what went down at Baylor and then apologize for not being better aware i don't see how the fanbase takes him in. IDK....maybe they'll surprise us and welcome him in. Petrino just isn't going to happen. Neither is Herman unless they don't get into the Big 12. 

We all love AU and it's one of the greatest places but at the moment i don't think the top coaches see it as a top 3 or 5 place to go. We def. need to be coming up with some names though.

I don't even think looking at the Texas HCs is a good place to start rn. As I've stated a couple of times. I think Briles would be a good hire for on the field production but I doubt it happens.

im fine with us not even approaching Hermen unless it's at a time later than the end of this season.

i think with the known family atmosphere that auburn has and the amazing recruiting that has been going on here, a coach would view it as a top tier job. Maybe not a top 5 job overall but you're talking about the one team that has more of a chance than anyone else to bring about the end of the Saban era, national tv pretty much every week, has reached the national championship game twice in the past 8 years (who else has done that besides Bama/Saban?...maybe someone I honestly don't know) etc etc. coaches know auburn can be just as big of a pedestal as anywhere else.

the problem will be the fact that it we ditch Gus, we're still gonna be paying him a lot too. 

and will the ad or whoever tf he chooses as a "selection committe" go with hire that will bring us the most wins or the hire that will bring us the most class while still keeping us relevant some years 

1 minute ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

?is that a option plz say it is 

LOL,  after we passed on both Petrino and Lamar?    They wouldnt step on campus unless they were coming to put 50 on the board against us 

2 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

FIRE GUS AND JAY...THAT OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN WAS PATHETIC...How many targets to Kyle Davis ? To the tight end?Who called/designed the play that pulls the rt guard to try and block the rt DE(Miles Garrett). He blew it up every time.I can go on all night.

how about a long developing first play when they darn well knew they would be rushing the qb and that our o line was swiss cheese?   Brilliant

Archived