Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I think this is the most likely scenario. 

And unless it's someone like Kendall Briles and they get the run the offense the way they want to...letting Rhett go does no good. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Would anyone be on board with taking les miles if lsu is dumb enough to can him? Seems a players coach and recruits well

no. He has world class talent, even more so than us and can't do anything with it.

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hate to tell you Gus ain't going anywhere unless its a total dumpster

Not trying to be difficult but how would you define a dumpster Golf? There are some REAL ugly losses headed AU's way barring a miracle.

Our OC is on the sidelines ignoring the players while the oline coach is in the box...Lashlee is terrible...and yes I have met him and talked to him...incapable of calling a game...

1 minute ago, DAG said:

no. He has world class talent, even more so than us and can't do anything with it.

This. Miles is the product of his talent more than Xs and Os. If he doesn't have better players than the other team, he isn't beating them.

Just now, 1913-14 said:

Our OC is on the sidelines ignoring the players while the oline coach is in the box...Lashlee is terrible...and yes I have met him and talked to him...incapable of calling a game...

If Lashlee is so bad, then why won't Gus make the calls or even Hurb?

Ok, if I haven't ruffled enough feathers yet, how about this:

Alabama has perfected the formula. Saban is no one's best friend, but he runs a very successful program. He may be a jerk, but he has never even been accused of anything major (that I am aware of). 

We don't have to stoop so low as to hire someone like Petrino. (Or Briles for that matter, if indeed he is directly at fault for Baylor's issues). 

I am not suggesting we should settle for 3-9 or 6-6 seasons. We invest WAY too many AU resources in our program to settle for that. (If it was just about class, and winning didn't matter at all, I would still be driving the Chizik train.). 

My point is we don't have to choose class or winning. We can choose both!  The reason we believe in the things we believe in, is because we believe it is the best way to live and work and serve. I want to be in the playoffs every year just as much as anybody else, but at the end of the day, I want to know we did it the right way. 

I also agree with those who have talked about forgiveness. That is part of the Auburn way.  Every single one of us have made big mistakes and are capable of even bigger ones! And if Bobby Petrino gave any reason to believe he has repented of his long list of transgressions and was pursuing a more honorable life, I would support him. But at this time, I am unaware of any such change of mind. 

I digress. 

War Eagle!

18 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

My hope springs eternal...Moo State gave LSU a headache tonight...but although my :jossun:will never dampen for Auburn itself, my confidence and excitement about the present leadership genuinely has. #toomanyblipsovertoolongatime

I'm in agreement with this. LSU looks very beatable and 1-2 can be overcome, but it's hard to look at the results we've been getting against other good teams the last few years and have much confidence that Gus and Co. will be able to get this ship turned around. Even if we can pull out a few good wins, 7 and 8 win seasons every year just isn't acceptable at Auburn.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Not trying to be difficult but how would you define a dumpster Golf? There are some REAL ugly losses headed AU's way barring a miracle.

4 or 3 wins. jmo and your not difficult  ask away.  Don't think we need miracles to win a few games just got to find an identiy for our offense.....Don't even think Gus knows at this time.

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

Ok, if I haven't ruffled enough feathers yet, how about this:

Alabama has perfected the formula. Saban is no one's best friend, but he runs a very successful program. He may be a jerk, but he has never even been accused of anything major (that I am aware of). 

We don't have to stoop so low as to hire someone like Petrino. (Or Briles for that matter, if indeed he is directly at fault for Baylor's issues). 

I am not suggesting we should settle for 3-9 or 6-6 seasons. We invest WAY too many AU resources in our program to settle for that. (If it was just about class, and winning didn't matter at all, I would still be driving the Chizik train.). 

My point is we don't have to choose class or winning. We can choose both!  The reason we believe in the things we believe in, is because we believe it is the best way to live and work and serve. I want to be in the playoffs every year just as much as anybody else, but at the end of the day, I want to know we did it the right way. 

I also agree with those who have talked about forgiveness. That is part of the Auburn way.  Every single one of us have made big mistakes and are capable of even bigger ones! And if Bobby Petrino gave any reason to believe he has repented of his long list of transgressions and was pursuing a more honorable life, I would support him. But at this time, I am unaware of any such change of mind. 

I digress. 

War Eagle!

Provided there's nothing to the Bama rumors beyond rumors, I'd take Saban every day of the week and twice on Sundays. He wins.

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

If Lashlee is so bad, then why won't Gus make the calls or even Hurb?

Cole Cubelic tweeted that Gus calls the plays....... so my friend its the "Offensive Guru" calling the shots....

I never that I would hate Gus this much, been a supporter for a long time, but cannot digest what just happened today after giving him the benefit of doubt for the clemson game

I can't even believe people are suggesting we hire Petrino. He can win, but he will also bail mid season as soon as he gets an offer for something he perceives to be a better opportunity. 

Will you still support him when he shows up to an Auburn presser with a neck brace and road rash on his face after he's caught ******** his assistant?

Petrino works for schools with no Football tradition, which is why Louisville hired him twice. There are plenty of good, winning coaches we can get without that baggage.

Rant over.

1 minute ago, AU_Engineer said:

Cole Cubelic tweeted that Gus calls the plays....... so my friend its the "Offensive Guru" calling the shots....

I never that I would hate Gus this much, been a supporter for a long time, but cannot digest what just happened today after giving him the benefit of doubt for the clemson game

That's what I figured, Gus calling the plays.

11 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

I can't even believe people are suggesting we hire Petrino. He can win, but he will also bail mid season as soon as he gets an offer for something he perceives to be a better opportunity. 

Will you still support him when he shows up to an Auburn presser with a neck brace and road rash on his face after he's caught ******* his assistant?

Petrino works for schools with no Football tradition, which is why Louisville hired him twice. There are plenty of good, winning coaches we can get without that baggage.

Rant over.

Yes, I would. His private life is no concern of mine.

1 minute ago, selias said:

Provided there's nothing to the Bama rumors beyond rumors, I'd take Saban every day of the week and twice on Sundays. He wins.

Can't stand Saban.  By all reports I've heard he is a class A-1 jerk.  There are plenty of good coaches out there, I would take any of them but Saban.

42 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

You got your guy last time and look.....  look!    Im sure you were very happy with the hire. 

Are you saying I was a Malzahn supporter in 2012? I was not. I always thought he was partially to blame for Chizik's lack of success, mostly due to lack of QB development. I was probably one of the last folks on the Gus bus. You can be a good person and a good coach simultaneously. Gus is just only a good person.

12 minutes ago, MaxP said:

Says the guy even considering Briles? At least what Petrino was involved in was consensual. I sincerely hope you aren't actually a preacher.

Well I doubt Petrino's family consented. And I know the University didn't. Or the team.When you are married with a family and in a high profile position you cannot behave like he did. He never even considered the other people who were also impacted by his behavior. It wasn't just Petrino and his mistress involved in that affair. There were literally hundreds of other people counting on him to be a man of good character and judgement. His failure was huge.

18 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

What's really hard is to change their type of mentality.  

Why do you think AU has a football program? For the after game soccer mom snacks or the "everybody is a winner" tunnels? 

11 hours ago, selias said:

Yes, I would. His private life is no concern of mine.

But that's the point. It's not his private life when it publicly puts Auburn in a negative light.

We're not going to hire Petrino, not going to hire Briles, Herman isn't coming...if Gus doesn't survive and Jacobs and the good ol BOT are doing the hiring then we will end up with more of the same.

Just now, WeagleAU said:

Can't stand Saban.  By all reports I've heard he is a class A-1 jerk.  There are plenty of good coaches out there, I would take any of them but Saban.

That's the difference. I don't care if he's a jerk. Heck, I'm a jerk. He does his job exceptionally well.

1 minute ago, TheDob06 said:

But that's the point. It's not his private life when it publicly puts Auburn in a negative light.

His problem was getting into a motorcycle accident with his side piece. I would hope he's learned more discretion since then.

1 minute ago, selias said:

That's the difference. I don't care if he's a jerk. Heck, I'm a jerk. He does his job exceptionally well.

The , no offense, but this is the wrong fan base for you. At Auburn, we win with class.

5 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Maybe he is or isn't, but he sure does attract top class coaches and recruits, and his players seem to really respect him and play lights out for him week in and week out.

No, I don't personally like Saban's public personality, but he sure knows how to attract other good football minds around him and run a football program, which is exactly the type of coach Auburn needs right now.

Archived