So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's not that we want to win at all costs, but a SEC win would be nice.

It doesn't matter what others think. They are going to think it no matter what. 7 years later and an unprecedented  all clear by the NCAA and everyone still thinks we bought Cam. To heck with, "well we carry ourselves better than them". The moral superiority crowd need to realize It's a sport and there are winners and losers. I'm damn tired of being the latter. The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

Take your blood pressure meds today????

back off titan i am getting it from several people. i have no problem with bird. and it was not directed at bird. but you mr titan seem eager to pop someone on here. i got five or six people on me and i am not allowed to get confused in the heat of battle? lets be fair here.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

back off titan i am getting it from several people. i have no problem with bird. and it was not directed at bird. but you mr titan seem eager to pop someone on here. i got five or six people on me and i am not allowed to get confused in the heat of battle? lets be fair here.

1.  It doesn't matter who it was directed at.  You're not going to accuse people of holding deplorable views that they have not expressed nor implied.

2.  You don't get to tell me or any other moderator to back off.  

this needs to be locked for gods sake. i should nothave to defend myself against hiring someone who has some serious issues they need to clean up. please do not tell me you are going to ban me for fighting to keep our college safer. it is a nightmare.

Baylor’s Title IX coordinator, Patty Crawford, said athletics was not the main concern.

“A very small percentage of our cases have anything to do with athletics”, Crawford said in the meeting, of which KWTX obtained a recording.

“And I've made that very clear to our leadership. This is not an athletics issue in the sense of violence and all these things, this is a human issue.”

Crawford pointed out to the staff that just two football players have been convicted of sexual assault during Briles’ tenure at Baylor, a fact that those we spoke with say was lost in the media frenzy.

Neither of the two players stepped foot on the field after the coaching staff learned of the accusations.

“We had a trial last August where someone was found guilty”, Crawford said. “And then there's another one two years ago related to (athletics). The media loves anything related to athletics. They love that because it's sensational.”

Read more if you like.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sources-question-whether-BU-sexual-assault-investigation-was-flawed-392649461.html

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this needs to be locked for gods sake. i should nothave to defend myself against hiring someone who has some serious issues they need to clean up. please do not tell me you are going to ban me for fighting to keep our college safer. it is a nightmare.

I never said I was going to ban you.  That's permanent.  I said if you didn't stop flinging baseless accusations at people I was going to give you a few days off.  

This is not about your self-righteous soapboxing.  We keep trying to point out that you are running with half-truths and rumors and pretending they are facts.  Calm the frick down.

so let me get this right? titan you want briles so i am wrong and being bad tho others get a pass at calling me names? you are pissed because we do not agree. you are suypposed to be impartial i believe? but i am probably wrong and you will sure come back to blast me some more while others get a pass? ok wid dat. why not agree to disagree and move on? or are you just wanting blood at this point? i am interested at this point.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so let me get this right? titan you want briles so i am wrong and being bad tho others get a pass at calling me names? you are pissed because we do not agree. you are suypposed to be impartial i believe? but i am probably wrong and you will sure come back to blast me some more while others get a pass? ok wid dat. why not agree to disagree and move on? or are you just wanting blood at this point? i am interested at this point.

You have a hard time being logical and rational.  

I haven't said anything about wanting Briles.  What I have tried to point out to you is that you are taking half-truths as the Gospel and forming opinions from it.  You are also holding Briles to a different standard than our own coach.  

Second, this wasn't run of the mill name-calling.  People calling each other idiots and such is one thing.  Accusing people of not caring about rape or excusing rape or thinking rape is just "rough sex" and things like that is slanderous and I won't stand for it.

Third, this is not about us disagreeing.  If anyone seems to be having trouble talking to people who disagree with him, it is you. I am perfectly fine with people holding different opinions than me on all sorts of matters.  It is about your out of bounds behavior.  Period.  I don't care who you want or don't want to coach here.

@aubiefifty I agree that there were deplorable events and mishandlings of them at BU as well as attempted cover ups. That said, I believe your angst and resentment is directed in the wrong direction. The title IX office and administration were the offenders. Briles, from what I have been told by those that would know, say he handled the situation the way he should have. In the end, he became the face of the problem to deflect blame away from BU. It was a PR move by the University to save hundreds of millions of dollars.

baseless truths? the man was removed for a reason. someone else stated on here that the lawsuits and the ifo the lawyers had would be very telling. are you reading all the the threads or just mine? and yes i will take the high ground when it comes to rape. and i hope to god you never have to deal with any of it. it is a horrible thing indeed. and tell ya what mr titan. you say he is probably not guilty right? you prove it. it works both ways. you are trying to protect someone that you do not know for sure did not cover stuff up to win ball games so you can get him to help us win games.i am trying to be nice but i do not like threats or people eager to punish me. i called a man an idiot. i believe i was called something first. delusional. that is the same as crazy right? one more time i am asking this to be locked before tempers get worse. what more do i have to do?

i understand bird. people still think we paid cam after the whole thing busted wide open. the same people will clean auburns clock if we hire briles. and i like him as far as i know. but i am so tired of defending auburn to people. does that make any sense? i am not trying to be a jerk but i am a little outnumbered here. but i never thought i would be arguing over the possible hiring of a possible rape enabler. it is not worth it. so i used the word possible which is what i meant all along. better? you nguys should be my brothers and not my enemies. i am sorry if you do not care for my stance. i do not care for some of yours. end of discussion. lets lock the thread or just keep poking and trying to make me mad where i will say something to get me time out or banned. are we pulling for the same team guys?

baseless truths? the man was removed for a reason.

And paid a buyout in the tens of millions.  That should tell you the school knew they didn't have a real case against him but likely needed a fall guy.  Or it should at least tell you it's highly likely.

someone else stated on here that the lawsuits and the ifo the lawyers had would be very telling.

You didn't happen to notice that a judge dropped Briles from the lawsuit the victim filed, did you?

are you reading all the the threads or just mine? and yes i will take the high ground when it comes to rape. and i hope to god you never have to deal with any of it. it is a horrible thing indeed.

It's one thing to take the high ground.  It's another to attribute abhorrent views to another person that they have not espoused, just so you can feel morally superior.

And no one here has expressed any view other than rape being horrible.

and tell ya what mr titan. you say he is probably not guilty right? you prove it. it works both ways. you are trying to protect someone that you do not know for sure did not cover stuff up to win ball games so you can get him to help us win games.i am trying to be nice but i do not like threats or people eager to punish me. i called a man an idiot. i believe i was called something first. delusional. that is the same as crazy right? one more time i am asking this to be locked before tempers get worse. what more do i have to do?

First of all, it is not on the accused to prove innocence.

Second, you are now just speculating on coverups with zero proof.

Third, the facts show that as soon as Briles learned of the allegations/charges against the players in question, he suspended or dismissed them from the team - precisely what Malzahn did with Landon Rice.  Is it therefore your position (just so you can be consistent) that Malzahn should be fired?  After all, we can't prove that he didn't cover stuff up.

Fourth, if you don't want to continue discussing it, no one has a gun to your head making you respond and follow this thread.  I'll decide when I think a thread should be locked.

i will go to chat for a few if anyone wants to talk.

but i never thought i would be arguing over the possible hiring of a possible rape enabler. 

Could you point me to the factual information that would back such an assertion?

I just wanted to present some facts that you might not have been aware of. Such as there only being two athletes involved with the whole BU incident and both were quickly removed from the team. I thought that might alter your "enabler" stance. If not, that is fine. War Eagle, my friend.

see? titan i am not trying to be morally anything. i am trying to do the right thing. it was the way i was raised. tell you what. we do not need a suspected rape enabler her period until he is cleared BY LAW. and i am not going to change my mind. and i am shocked that i am having to defend myself over this.that is as honest as i can be. shocked. it should not be a discussion. we got rid of our tight end and nothing has been proven about him so you think the uni is being morally superior lie i am? no. they have a JOB to try and protect all students period. it is their job. if i was briles and i was innocent? i would not settle. i would make baylor pay for making me look like a piece of crap. you guys can jump me all you want but i am right and i still hold out hope deep inside som ehwere you believe the same and are just amd and wanting to win an argument.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

see? titan i am not trying to be morally anything. i am trying to do the right thing.

Based on half-truths.  That is not right, no matter how you were raised.

it was the way i was raised. tell you what. we do not need a suspected rape enabler her period until he is cleared BY LAW. and i am not going to change my mind. and i am shocked that i am having to defend myself over this.that is as honest as i can be. shocked. it should not be a discussion. we got rid of our tight end and nothing has been proven about him so you think the uni is being morally superior lie i am? no. they have a JOB to try and protect all students period. it is their job. if i was briles and i was innocent? i would not settle. i would make baylor pay for making me look like a piece of crap. you guys can jump me all you want but i am right and i still hold out hope deep inside som ehwere you believe the same and are just amd and wanting to win an argument.

And Briles suspended/dismissed both players who were accused of sexual assault from the team as soon as the allegations came to light.  So why is Briles a "suspected rape enabler" (again with the anti-factual posturing) and Gus isn't?

the fact is i love auburn and i never ever want to see her ever being drug through the dirt fair or not. why is that so hard to understand?

if you cover up what a rapist does then are you or are you not enabling him? if it is brushed under the rug they get bolder and think maybe they can do it again.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

if you cover up what a rapist does then are you or are you not enabling him? if it is brushed under the rug they get bolder and think maybe they can do it again.

I've asked you a couple of times already to substantiate this coverup allegation with something other than your own opinion.

the fact is i love auburn and i never ever want to see her ever being drug through the dirt fair or not. why is that so hard to understand?

Because you are being inconsistent with your standards and failing to account for factual information in your reasoning.

Briles never covered up anything. The university administration and title IX office did. Period. That is fact.

Archived