So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

11 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

This is from Baylor's summary of the Pepper report. Taken directly. Page 2.

https://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

No one here has access to Pepper's actual report. It's not public.

Yea... I checked that.  I just edited my response.  

As for the "the football program has their own internal discipline system" thing... show me a program in the NCAA that doesn't.

I really believe that Baylor is trying to sweep their much bigger problems under the rug by hanging Briles out to dry.

Oh... and it should be noted lawyers for the dismissed employees have sued for access to the actual report because they believe it was spun by Baylor.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... I checked that.  I just edited my response.  

As for the "the football program has their own internal discipline system" thing... show me a program in the NCAA that doesn't.

I really believe that Baylor is trying to sweep their much bigger problems under the rug by hanging Briles out to dry.

It is likely that Baylor is doing this, but that doesn't make Briles an innocent party in the whole ordeal.

wde

1. In an interview with ESPN, Briles admitted, "I made mistakes. I did wrong ... I understand I made some mistakes. There was some bad things that went on under my watch."

2. Briles and the AD have been removed from the case against the University because federal law does not permit the organization and named individuals to be dealt with in the same case. However, attorneys have stated that separate suits will be filed against Briles personally, as well as others personally, in their handling of the sexual assault situation.

Briles will not be hired by any university until this entire legal and federal process is completed. Even then, if Briles is found in court to have covered up sexual assault and been complicit in the way the victims (plural) were treated, no major university will hire him right off.

He might be able to work his way back to respectability as Petrino did. But Briles replacing CGM at Auburn next year? IMO, this ain't happening.

And from the perspective of the victims, simply saying "I made mistakes" and "I'm sorry" and "I've learned" is not adequate.

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Hey Neuheisal, want to bee our offensive coordinator,?? It's work. But the truth is...it's very rewarding. Buyout wise.

We need some expertise.

The reason Neuheisal was first to know was because AB asked him to come with him as QB coach. 

(I kid)

I say let's see what Gus is going to do, as far as handling adversity. But if not Gus. Yes with Briles. All coaches have lied before. Everybody has all that to say about petrino...after a couple of years who cares? People don't like saban as far as demeanor and all that but who really cares? I can't stand Myer and I talk about him.......who cares? Everybody feels their school is better than other schools but fact is a school is made up by many different people. All schools have good people all have not so good. You know how stupid you have to look to suck at football but hold your nose in the air and basically say but we're better than so and so as people! We don't know what people do behind closed doors

22 minutes ago, AURex said:

1. In an interview with ESPN, Briles admitted, "I made mistakes. I did wrong ... I understand I made some mistakes. There was some bad things that went on under my watch."

2. Briles and the AD have been removed from the case against the University because federal law does not permit the organization and named individuals to be dealt with in the same case. However, attorneys have stated that separate suits will be filed against Briles personally, as well as others personally, in their handling of the sexual assault situation.

BINGO!  This Briles/AU talk is just a bunch of message board chatter ~ he and his lawyers are about to get pummeled. 

2 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

So I read the KWTX link. Here's the problem.

1. We know Baylor people were pissed to see Briles fired. We know regents were lined up to try to get him reinstated.
  2. We also know how much people have to lose in this issue. Baylor was nothing before Briles, and now they have a gorgeous new stadium.
  3. The report cites only anonymous people, presumably people with a lot at stake.
  4. There's a basic reason I don't trust the story. Excerpt: "Crawford pointed out to the staff that just two football players have been convicted of sexual assault during Briles’ tenure at Baylor, a fact that those we spoke with say was lost in the media frenzy.Neither of the two players stepped foot on the field after the coaching staff learned of the accusations." But that's not the problem. The problem is that Baylor knowingly had players with sexual assault and DV problems in their past on the team -- and those guys acted out. Notice how cleverly this excerpt skips the actual problem.
  5. Regents were visiting Briles and offering him assurances? You know what? That means those regents should be dismissed. They had no business taking on a role like that. (If you know anything about university governance and investigations.)
  6. Finally, Pepper Hamilton is a huge name in this kind of work. The report makes it sound like they did a sham investigation. Which is more credible? That Pepper Hamilton (look them up) did a sham investigation, or that a few people who are hurt by it would come up with a story?
  7. Why is Briles saying he's at fault if he doesn't think he was? (And by the way, he still doesn't get it.)

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/26/baylor-art-briles-sexual-assault-ken-starr

#7, bc it was a condition of the settlement agreement.

2 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I gotta let this conversation go. I'm disappointed that a bunch of Auburn people can rationalize the Briles thing. I admit that it's my problem, not anyone else's, but damn.

We probably won't get briles, so don't lose any sleep over it.  However, I hope you feel this same way when we go out and recruit athletes who don't take school serious, who have committed past crimes or partaking in illegal activity .

3 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

The report cites only anonymous people, presumably people with a lot at stake.

The KWTX report actually sites Baylor's Title IX Coordinator, Patty Crawford, which you noted in point 4

But that's not the problem. The problem is that Baylor knowingly had players with sexual assault and DV problems in their past on the team -- and those guys acted out. Notice how cleverly this excerpt skips the actual problem.

The rumor that one of these players had a previous issue at another school was proven to be false.  The article speaks to that.

Finally, Pepper Hamilton is a huge name in this kind of work. The report makes it sound like they did a sham investigation. Which is more credible? That Pepper Hamilton (look them up) did a sham investigation, or that a few people who are hurt by it would come up with a story?

No one is saying that Pepper Hamilton did a sham investigation.  What's being said is that Baylor took their findings and spun them to take as much heat off the administration as possible and dump it on their most public face, so that they could save themselves and the school. That's why some of those fired are suing for the actual report.  

It's an underhanded, but smart move.  You claim to have an issue with your football program, fire the coach, and parents are still willing to send their kids to your school.  Admit that you have a wide spread problem with Title IX issues that the university as a whole has been mishandling and your enrollment drops like a rock.

Just to add fuel to the fire, John McClain (long time sports writer for the Houston Chronicle) said on the radio this morning that Briles is rumored to be getting an offensive consultant job in the near future.  

If he's a consultant for us, and Gus gets fired for some reason I don't see the ending scenario being one where Briles takes over for Gus.

first if you are an o guru you should not need any help or advice. second.......if art himself came to coach o how long do you think he would be around? come on guys. third. it is not that briles is a rapist. it is the cloud hanging over him that auburn does not need until he has been cleared by some kind officials and not cleared by fans who seem to not give a crap about the creed or honor of auburn.....some of you just want to win at ANY expense and to hell with everyone else including auburns good name. we have been smeared enough over the years. let the man clear his name and then give him a shot. and hey.......if you want to win at any cost and auburn be damned you are no better than the bummer fans.........

25 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Just to add fuel to the fire, John McClain (long time sports writer for the Houston Chronicle) said on the radio this morning that Briles is rumored to be getting an offensive consultant job in the near future.  

I wonder if Gus would pull the trigger on this as a way to save his job for this year

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

first if you are an o guru you should not need any help or advice. second.......if art himself came to coach o how long do you think he would be around? come on guys. third. it is not that briles is a rapist. it is the cloud hanging over him that auburn does not need until he has been cleared by some kind officials and not cleared by fans who seem to not give a crap about the creed or honor of auburn.....some of you just want to win at ANY expense and to hell with everyone else including auburns good name. we have been smeared enough over the years. let the man clear his name and then give him a shot. and hey.......if you want to win at any cost and auburn be damned you are no better than the bummer fans.........

In these times if any coach thinks he has all the answers he is doomed to fail.  Gus visited Briles during the summer, reportedly to discuss offensive strategy.  Guru or not, Gus needs help with his creativity to get his mojo back.  Briles may help.  It is my understanding that Briles would act as a consultant that would not coach or have any direct contact with the student athletes.  It could be a win/win for Auburn and Briles as Auburns gets a shot in the arm offensively and Briles waits out his purgatory, still active in college football, until his future is determined.

sorry. rape is rape. ever dealt with anyone that has been raped or sexually abused as a child? even if you did nothing to the people themselves if you hid it you own it. period. you were helping to enable folks to physically and emotionally hurt people by your silence. most kids will push anything just as far as they can. please do not let folks smear our college to win a a football game. hell i want to win as well. but no at the expense of auburn university. some of you get over yourselves.

39 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

It's not that we want to win at all costs, but a SEC win would be nice.

It doesn't matter what others think. They are going to think it no matter what. 7 years later and an unprecedented  all clear by the NCAA and everyone still thinks we bought Cam. To heck with, "well we carry ourselves better than them". The moral superiority crowd need to realize It's a sport and there are winners and losers. I'm damn tired of being the latter. The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's not that we want to win at all costs, but a SEC win would be nice.

It doesn't matter what others think. They are going to think it no matter what. 7 years later and an unprecedented  all clear by the NCAA and everyone still thinks we bought Cam. To heck with, "well we carry ourselves better than them". The moral superiority crowd need to realize It's a sport and there are winners and losers. I'm damn tired of being the latter. The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

Completely agree with this.

Wow some people just can't come get it that everyone outside of auburn university thinks we are cheaters.     The perception will never change.   We are one of the most penalized schools in the history of college athletics 

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry. rape is rape. ever dealt with anyone that has been raped or sexually abused as a child? even if you did nothing to the people themselves if you hid it you own it. period. you were helping to enable folks to physically and emotionally hurt people by your silence. most kids will push anything just as far as they can. please do not let folks smear our college to win a a football game. hell i want to win as well. but no at the expense of auburn university. some of you get over yourselves.

I'd be completely with you if there was proof that Briles did anything more than have a job at a place that has some serious problems related to sexual assault... but there's not, and I refuse to hang someone without proof.

Knowing Gus and his beliefs, if he were to bring Briles on as a consultant, you better know that he believes, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Briles didn't do anything wrong.

If you want to convict everyone who has a tertiary connection to sexual assault, you better build a lot more prisons.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

This is about as little brother syndrome as it gets. Winning at all costs hmmmmmmm um YAH I DO WANT TO WIN AT ALL COSTS. That is the whole point of sports TO WIN. I hate lose MFers across the state but damn dude I sure would like to win like they have been lately. Would you seriously not want that? There is no right way to win. JUST WIN BABY. Hiring Art Briles is not going to hurt the integrity and class of the University. There has not been ONE THING to come out that has shown Art Briles is directly connected to this like Joe PA was to the Sandusky mess at PSU. He knew for DECADES and did not do a damn thing about it. Until I hear or see some real concrete actual proof that specifically implicates Briles BRING HIM ON. In sports the object is to win games. Briles has done a lot of that CONSISTENTLY all the while at a much much tougher and harder place to win than Auburn albeit in a lesser conference. Baylor was the Vandy of the big 12 before he got there. Even kansas was better than baylor  and then he turned that all around. Imagine what he could do here with our resources and tradition.

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Wow some people just can't come get it that everyone outside of auburn university thinks we are cheaters.     The perception will never change.   We are one of the most penalized schools in the history of college athletics 

THIS SO MUCH. Which is comical why inside the little AU bubble so many try to keep up this image as AU being as squeaky clean and "above" such rift raft as say a Vandy. DELUSIONAL. 

Archived