So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

15 minutes ago, msza said:

Monsters and pastors? Those are your words, not mine. I just implied I think there's a lack of perspective in the pro-Briles camp.

About half the student body is female, and we should consider how they and their families would feel about a Briles hire.

It's a characterization of how people are portraying the other side in this thread, you included.  

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

okie dokey titan. last time.

Promise?  Because I don't want to hear you whine and cry when people respond to you.

........you said.............. No one asked you for an apology for your beliefs.  We asked you to stop basing your beliefs on half truths and rumors. are you not basing your beliefs on someone as well whom has not been found innocent of anything in a court of law?  no you have not. you are basing your beliefs on public opinion and what you think and not what you know. there is no difference. you are doing the very same thing.

First, we don't prove people innocent in our courts.  You can't prove innocence.  It's like trying to prove a negative.  

Second, there are more (and frankly, better) ways to determine whether someone is worth hiring than depending on the technicalities of the legal system.  Auburn can and should do its own investigation of any potentially controversial hire and gather all the facts.  

Third, I am not basing anything on public opinion.  I haven't even advocated for hiring Briles for heaven's sake.  All I have been trying to do this entire time that inexplicably doesn't seem to be penetrating that skull of yours is to say that you have been jumping to conclusions about the man when there is plenty of evidence and known facts to indicate that your belief about him may be way off base.  That's it.  

you are just on the opposite. and i am sorry but you are willing to give someone a pass when the jury is still out and you are seriously trying to tell folks it is  not because you want to win more games? is it not a known fact that briles brought a felon rapist to baylor? true or false? and if he did is it true or false the same kid raped someone at baylor? and try to be objective. and lets not cloud or onfuse things. we already know you can argue better. so lets just use a yes or not on my two questions.

No, I'm not giving anyone a pass and I'm not telling anyone we should hire a man without doing out due diligence.  That is you, once again, mischaracterizing the views and arguments of others.  You're like a broken record.

What player did Briles recruit or sign who at the time he was being recruited was a "known felon/rapist?"  Again, let's look at the facts:

Those two cases have been widely reported on, although key details have been misreported or left out.

Tevin Elliot was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, for assaulting a former Baylor student in 2012. Elliot was kicked off the team shortly after the team learned about the first sexual assault allegation, in April of 2012, three days before he was arrested and charged with the crime.

Sources told KWTX that Briles made the decision to remove him from the team. After being dismissed by Baylor, and after his arrest, Elliot was allowed by the NCAA to transfer to Central Arkansas, where the head coach said he’d be suspended one game for the incident at Baylor. It was that August, while Elliot was a player at Central Arkansas, that the McLennan County Grand Jury indicted him.

Sam Ukwuachu was convicted in 2015 of assaulting a former Baylor soccer player in 2013. Ukwuachu transferred from Boise State to play football at Baylor after he was dismissed from that team in May of 2013.

A report published in Texas Monthly which set off much of the national firestorm surrounding Baylor’s football program claimed Ukwuachu “had been kicked off the Boise State team for a previous incident of violence involving a female student.”

However, this has been proven false.

According to his transfer documentation, Ukwuachu was in good standing with Boise State at the time of his transfer.

A statement from Boise State administration later confirmed Ukwuachu was not dismissed from the team for any disciplinary reason, and there were no reports to Boise State about such an incident.

Ukwuachu’s father told KWTX he left because he was depressed and homesick, and wanted to be close to his parents, who live near Houston.

Ukwuachu never stepped foot on the football field at Baylor.

The athletic department and university sources with whom KWTX talked say no player ever played football for Briles while accused of sexual assault.

Rami Hammad, offensive lineman for the Bears in 2015, was accused by a student of sexually assaulting her in his apartment early in the fall semester of that year.

Sources close to the football team said that Rami was cleared by Title IX in that case.

After the season, Hammad was charged with felony stalking in an incident involving his ex-girlfriend.

He is currently suspended from team activities pending resolution of that case.

now i actually like a couple of things you said titan. i can go along with auburn fully vetting him. and look as far as media goes i shy away because i have been had too many times over fake articles and that sort of thing. so to be honest i am not sure whom to trust and believe and who not to. that is why i keep saying wait until he is proven not guilty or yes even found ok by auburn. i want to win as bad or worse than anyone. i get sick to my stomach when auburn fails badly. i went through the nine horrible years of bama dominance. i still hate it. but anytime there is the slightest doubt when it comes to certain things i will always take the wait and see approach.

32 minutes ago, msza said:

And how would you feel if Arkie St brought in Briles? How would your granddaughter and her parents feel?

Knowing facts about the case, I'd be excited as all get out.  The people that are mischaracterizing Briles need to read up a little more. As Titan has said he would need to be thoroughly vetted,  but IMO, he would be a great asset 

Is anyone on here pissed that Auburn football finds itself in a situation where the fans are pondering hiring coaches like Petrino with a shady past/character flaws, and a coach that was just terminated from a Christian institution due to possible involvement in a sex scandal?   :banghead:

Get your chit together GUS!  

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

oh boy more names....but since the admins disagree and refuse to lock this thread it is ok for me to be singled out but not others. if you want me gone band me or give me time out. but you....well one at lest of you are using the same arguing points i am only in reverse. so just do what you want titan. i have seen others argue way less than this and have threads locked. but i am a bad guy because i want him to prove he did not do what baylor and maybe the girls have said? are ALL the facts out there by the way? good grief.

Lol. This is light work; try this in three or four threads at once. But I'm confused why you would want the thread locked? I'm also confused with what is the result we're thinking here. Are you thinking if Briles was here rapes would increase? Are you thinking if there had been another coach at Baylor rapes wouldn't have happened? Do you think people hold Auburn or ANY college up in reverence the way you do? Is there another school besides Auburn that you really follow enough to care about public marketing? Take Louisville for example, when you see them do you say they would've been a good team but that Damn Petrino lied about that motorcycle so they suck......

nothing wrong with wanting to be classy. and i wanted the thread locked because ihonestly felt i was being suckered into saying the wrong thing so i could be banned. that is why. and right or wrong this is exactly how i feel.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Is anyone on here pissed that Auburn football finds itself in a situation where the fans are pondering hiring coaches like Petrino with a shady past/character flaws, and a coach that was just terminated from a Christian institution due to possible involvement in a sex scandal?   :banghead:

Get your chit together GUS!  

Do you think it's possible to hire someone without any character flaws? I bet petrino wouldn't make that same mistake again....You don't have anybody you love that may have lied or cheated? What have you done wrong that you've grown from. Can't dispute that the man can coach. Is he showing repeated behavior? 

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nothing wrong with wanting to be classy. and i wanted the thread locked because ihonestly felt i was being suckered into saying the wrong thing so i could be banned. that is why. and right or wrong this is exactly how i feel.

You read too many conspiracy theory stories.  No one is trying to get you banned.

titan i sent a private message to war tim i think. two or more months ago. i explained some issues i had that i will not post here. talk to him and maybe you might understand better. but i am sure not putting it out here to get jumped again. but of course you do not have to as well...........

17 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

How about this. Art Briles as OC/QB coach and Lane Kiffin as head coach.

You're kidding, right?  You want a coach who is currently under investigation with legal problems out the wazoo?  And LC who has a proven record of being a horrible HC?   

Please set the bar a little higher.

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Do you think it's possible to hire someone without any character flaws? I bet petrino wouldn't make that same mistake again....You don't have anybody you love that may have lied or cheated? What have you done wrong that you've grown from. Can't dispute that the man can coach. Is he showing repeated behavior? 

Auburn doesn't seem to find it difficult.:dunno:

51 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

No when they are going to ban you they say you're about to be banned. Trust a pro! Now some points you made as far as treatment and mods being personal taking sides I agree with but  I don't think it's titan. And yes there are favorites so when you argue with certain posters....it's going to get rough, but hey such is life. Mods are human so they have flaws too, hence my entire point of the thread....Nobody is flawless. And the term classy is subjective. This thread is merely some people like a coach and some don't then arguing about why....

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Auburn doesn't seem to find it difficult.:dunno:

Is that right??? I know all those years Joe Pa was literally the face of class until certain things came to light....Like I said who knows what goes on in a person's life? And in these times with the accessibility we have now, it's much harder to make pretend the false perception of perfection. If you want to judge or measure a person's character it's what they do after they fall. At least that's my opinion

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Is that right??? I know all those years Joe Pa was literally the face of class until certain things came to light....Like I said who knows what goes on in a person's life? And in these times with the accessibility we have now, it's much harder to make pretend the false perception of perfection. If you want to judge or measure a person's character it's what they do after they fall. At least that's my opinion

I somewhat feel the way you do.  

This thread has gone so far off the tracks with the old farts bantering back and forth that I simply asked if anyone was pissed that our program is in a situation that we are being forced to have conversations about freaking Bobby Petrino & Art Briles as potential coaches for our football team.  

I'm certainly in no position to judge another mans morality ~ and I'm in no position to have to evaluation potential coaching candidates for our football team.

Just now, keesler said:

This thread has gone so far off the tracks with the old farts bantering back and forth that I simply asked if anyone was pissed that our program is in a situation that we are being forced to have conversations about freaking Bobby Petrino & Art Briles as potential coaches for our football team.  

I'm certainly in no position to judge another mans morality ~ and I'm in no position to have to evaluation potential coaching candidates for our football team.

That's a great point at the end....we don't but we do. You got me on that one that's for sure. Kudos. But I will say I did know if we had hired petrino we would have a good football team. Especially offensively. Lol

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's not that we're in a position to be discussing Petrino or Briles.  It's that we're in a position to be considering a new head coach at all four years after firing the previous one - after four years.  We need to get off this hire/fire carousel.  

But if you are discussing potential head coaches, it's crazy not to include them in the discussion.

If my head coach has ever gone 46 in a 45 or illegally downloaded music I'm never turning on my tv again to watch these student athletes put it all on the line for my school

kidding but lets just see what Briles is actually guilty of first? maybe?

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

kidding but lets just see what Briles is actually guilty of first? maybe?

Agreed, this Baylor/Briles thing isn't water under the bridge and won't be any time soon.  IIRC, the NCAA is still investigating the case so who knows when those clowns will be finished.

Just now, keesler said:

Agreed, this Baylor/Briles thing isn't water under the bridge and won't be any time soon.  IIRC, the NCAA is still investigating the case so who knows when those clowns will be finished.

Right, Even if we flop the rest of the season and fire Gus there's no guarantee Briles will even be cleared by then.

So who's the #2 guy? From a coaching ability stand point it's got to be widely understood that Briles is the best combo of experience, ability, and least risk in terms of on field production.  Outside of AB I'm not sure there is a solid, realistic guy out there that everyone would agree on

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not that we're in a position to be discussing Petrino or Briles.  It's that we're in a position to be considering a new head coach at all four years after firing the previous one - after four years.  We need to get off this hire/fire carousel.  

But if you are discussing potential head coaches, it's crazy not to include them in the discussion.

That is a point you made, a lot, regarding Petrino after Chizik was fired.  There were plenty that were oblivious to your point then, and it would be no different if we find ourselves in the same position at the end of this season.

Archived