So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

and i have asked you why you think they got rid oof briles if he did nothing? all i am saying is wait until it is all done. let briles sue them. you do not think baylor knows they would be in deep trouble if they blamed the coach and fired him unfairly? come on man.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and i have asked you why you think they got rid oof briles if he did nothing? all i am saying is wait until it is all done. let briles sue them. you do not think baylor knows they would be in deep trouble if they blamed the coach and fired him unfairly? come on man.

And Bird has pointed out to you that the facts point toward the Baylor admin and Title IX office using Briles as a fall guy...which is why when they acted like they had him dead to rights they instead gave him almost all of his buyout and why the judge dismissed him from the victim's lawsuit.  

How is all this stuff not getting through?  You keep making the same accusations over and over again even after being shown they aren't based in the known facts.

And the thing will play out.  I'm not aware of any plans to fire Gus this week and install Art Briles, are you?

people still think we paid cam. we are considered dirty amongst a whole lot of folks and programs. it does not matter if cam did or not to joe public will always believe cam was paid. forget facts and common sense. if we hire briles the same thing will happen again. book mark it if it happens.............i want some of you to remember.

52 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

no sir that makes you an idiot since you want to call names. we are talking violent and non violent. simple. and if the man was so innocent they sure got rid of him in a hurry. you another one of those that think rape is just rough sex or something? why you want to defend someone until everything has been decided. now you boys are just trying to make me mad. sorry. i will stand for class and honor any day. lets hope you never have to understand what a rape or even a victim of molestation goes through. try sleeping with a woman who had been raped from 4 to 16. try waking at night to your wife screaming and crying in a little girls voice. it is a horror that keeps on giving even after the deed is done. i have seen it with three people in my life. it certainly ruined my sister for her whole life. and in a day and time when stanford swimmers serve a what a week or three at the most? sorry rape and the rape culture are alive and well. and if one person got raped and some idiot said she deserved it i would lose my mind. i do not want any of that mess at auburn and i am not going to feel bad for my stand on this. maybe we should move on?

2. hypocrite

3. a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

A crime is a crime is a crime. Smoking weed is illegal. Stealing someone else's property is illegal. Both could get you jail time.  If you are going to deny anyone second chances, particularly to someone who hasn't even been proven guilty of anything, at the very least be consistent across the board.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

people still think we paid cam. we are considered dirty amongst a whole lot of folks and programs. it does not matter if cam did or not to joe public will always believe cam was paid. forget facts and common sense. if we hire briles the same thing will happen again. book mark it if it happens.............i want some of you to remember.

I don't care what they think.  We believed, after our own due diligence, that Cam was innocent and we played him.  If we believe after our own due diligence that Briles has been falsely accused and we want to hire him in some capacity to help our offense, we should do that as well.  You don't make big decisions based on what other people think.

i am not reaching you titan. i did not come on here for a pissing contest. i spoke hoping folks would take the high road. i have already said if he is not guilty then hire him. but lets let the pro's judge him in a court of law. i will not apologize for taking a wait and see option which does seem like it would be more fair to all envolved. and titan you can not care what others say but they use it towards coaches as well as recruiting and anything they can figure out to use it against us. are you telling me that the r.e.c. would not have a field day?

Are we giving Briles the benefit of the doubt because he is an offensive guru and our own program is desperate right now because our offensive guru has lost his mojo and we think Briles can give us a shot in the arm?  

Would Gus listen to Briles and implement his system?  Do we have the QB/RB/WR's and more importantly the oline to even try to run Briles system?

So many questions!:dunno: 

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And Bird has pointed out to you that the facts point toward the Baylor admin and Title IX office using Briles as a fall guy...which is why when they acted like they had him dead to rights they instead gave him almost all of his buyout and why the judge dismissed him from the victim's lawsuit.  

How is all this stuff not getting through?  You keep making the same accusations over and over again even after being shown they aren't based in the known facts.

And the thing will play out.  I'm not aware of any plans to fire Gus this week and install Art Briles, are you?

I said I'd back out of this, but no facts suggest Briles was the fall guy. The whole top of the administration was condemned in that report. It's normal for people who have buyouts to get some of it -- even when they're at fault. This is all rationalization. Compare the TV report to the Baylor report, and you'll see the holes.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

fifty its been that way since the 50's Auburn has this preception of cheating really nothing will ever change that. We could hire Mother Teresa as HC and many would say we had to sell our soul to the devil to get her. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not reaching you titan. i did not come on here for a pissing contest. i spoke hoping folks would take the high road. i have already said if he is not guilty then hire him. but lets let the pro's judge him in a court of law. i will not apologize for taking a wait and see option which does seem like it would be more fair to all envolved. and titan you can not care what others say but they use it towards coaches as well as recruiting and anything they can figure out to use it against us. are you telling me that the r.e.c. would not have a field day?

No one here has proposed hiring him without doing our due diligence.  I'm not sure what straw man you're arguing against.

And the REC already tried to have a field day, claiming we were going on probation for Cam and would be stripped of the title.  Then the NCAA slapped that nonsense down like a red-haired stepchild.  I'm over worrying about other people's opinions.

oh boy more names....but since the admins disagree and refuse to lock this thread it is ok for me to be singled out but not others. if you want me gone band me or give me time out. but you....well one at lest of you are using the same arguing points i am only in reverse. so just do what you want titan. i have seen others argue way less than this and have threads locked. but i am a bad guy because i want him to prove he did not do what baylor and maybe the girls have said? are ALL the facts out there by the way? good grief.

2 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I said I'd back out of this, but no facts suggest Briles was the fall guy. The whole top of the administration was condemned in that report. It's normal for people who have buyouts to get some of it -- even when they're at fault. This is all rationalization. Compare the TV report to the Baylor report, and you'll see the holes.

Sonny Golloway was dismissed from Auburn "for cause" and not paid a dime.  If Baylor was confident that Briles was at fault, with that much money on the line, they would have done the same.

5 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Part of the problem is that Baylor hasn't released the full report, only a summary of it.  

And I'm not rationalizing anything.  I want Auburn to do its due diligence and make sure they know what they're dealing with for anyone they consider hiring.  I simply want to get people to stop jumping to conclusions that aren't based in fact.

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

fifty its been that way since the 50's Auburn has this preception of cheating really nothing will ever change that. We could hire Mother Teresa as HC and many would say we had to sell our soul to the devil to get her. 

yes golf i see what you are saying but i do not care to add to it. let him prove his innocence and then make him head coach. but i do not care to ever see auburn slandered and yes i know sometimes it cannot be helped. this little issue can. i have said and will say one last time.................let him prove his innocence and then hire him. what is so hard about that?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

yes golf i see what you are saying but i do not care to add to it. let him prove his innocence and then make him head coach. but i do not care to ever see auburn slandered and yes i know sometimes it cannot be helped. this little issue can. i have said and will say one last time.................let him prove his innocence and then hire him. what is so hard about that?

There is nothing wrong with Auburn doing a full, thorough deep dive on any candidate they are considering for a job, especially one with controversy surrounding him.  I would expect nothing less.  And no one is proposing to just hire him without doing so.

But we don't make people "prove their innocence" here.

ok boys i am done for the night. keep on piling on or what ever you intend to do.............i am gonna party some and watch football. and let me say one thing. hate me. make fun of me. i state what i state and stnd how i stand because i have deep love for auburn. so go ahead and have fun since you seem more intent on trying to embarrass me than understand i take my stand for love of auburn. i am not just a fan. i grew up running the streets. grandfather taught horse back ririding. my mom and two sisters went to auburn. may dad played for aubrn. it is more than just a game to me. and if anyone cannot wait until ALL the facts are out to hire mr briles well then that is on you guys...........

well by gosh i do. he was removed for a reason fair or unfair.i am not willing to take the chance at the expence of auburn to maybe win more games. when his troubles are done and he is a super guy then lets hire him if he can help us win.....but not before and that should not be that hard to understand.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well by gosh i do. he was removed for a reason fair or unfair.i am not willing to take the chance at the expence of auburn to maybe win more games. when his troubles are done and he is a super guy then lets hire him if he can help us win.....but not before and that should not be that hard to understand.

I don't think we are the ones having a hard time understanding things.

from fox news.............

Baylor University announced on Thursday that head football coach Art Briles has been suspended indefinitely with the intent to terminate in the wake of an ongoing sexual assault scandal at the school.

Shortly after word surfaced that Briles has been fired after eight seasons with the team, Baylor released its findings from an independent review that was conducted by the Pepper Hamilton law firm in Philadelphia. The findings of fact, which can be read in full here, determined that Briles and other members of the Baylor football program chose not to report allegations of sexual assault by multiple players.

now what part of the last line do you people not understand? and i am seriously done. we can do this again tomorrow if y'all would like.

sorry i messed up and forgot to add this.

How do people allow this to happen? Mind-boggling.

CjZbGK4UgAUoU67.jpg

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Baylor University announced on Thursday that head football coach Art Briles has been suspended indefinitely with the intent to terminate in the wake of an ongoing sexual assault scandal at the school.

Shortly after word surfaced that Briles has been fired after eight seasons with the team, Baylor released its findings from an independent review that was conducted by the Pepper Hamilton law firm in Philadelphia. The findings of fact, which can be read in full here, determined that Briles and other members of the Baylor football program chose not to report allegations of sexual assault by multiple players.

now what part of the last line do you people not understand? and i am seriously done. we can do this again tomorrow if y'all would like.

And the story I linked for you earlier called that account into question.  Baylor has yet to release the full report actually naming names on coaches with specific allegations.  Bribes and others who were interviewed dispute Baylor's summary of the report.  This is all we have been trying to get you to understand, apparently to no avail.

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Your point throughout this entire rant seems to be that Briles is a rapist/rapist enabler and therefore we shouldn't hire him. EVERYONE ELSE'S POINT is that at the very least you have formed a hyperbolic opinion based on half truths and at worst you're just lying by continuing to spout misinformation. Nobody cares that you have standards based on the creed; you're not wrong for that. We're telling you that your opinion of Briles might be based on misinformation by the media, and you're eating it up (see the fact that you just posted a Fox News article). That's all anyone is trying to say. The article that Titan has posted and what Bird has tried to tell you is that Briles might not be responsible for anything and might just be the fall guy. You keep saying to let it play out in court, but you have very clearly already found him guilty in the court of your opinion and refuse to listen to or acknowledge any evidence that might prove his innocence 

so now folks can call me a liar with no repercussion but i am threatened with it when one of you wrongly thought i attacked bird which in fact i did not? lots of favoritism here. so i do not explain myself as well as others. and i am holier than thou cus i refuse to give anyone concerning all this rape mess the benefit of the doubt? since when has that not been the high road? i got a nice buzz now so lets try this with a little less mean spiritedness if you wish. i went to chat to talk and no one showed up. and yes i said some confusing things but i kept getting notification signals which kept taking me off the thread page i was on and all the way back to the top again. it is easy to lose your train of thought.

Archived