So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

50 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Baylor issued a summary of its report. It was entirely damning. And when interviewed, Briles showed to all the world that he fundamentally doesn't understand what went wrong.

He's untouchable unless more comes out that clears him.

By the way, my fiancee is an employment attorney. People get money to leave all the time, innocent or clean. The woman who oversees that section of Wells Fargo just got $125MM, though that was probably contractual.

As a labor and employment attorney myself, I can attest to that as well.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It easy to cast the first stone.  I think we need to study all of the issues with his firing before we crucify the man.

You talking about Gogue, Jacobs, or Malzahn? (Althought it doesn't really matter to me - they've all demonstrated they need to be gone.)

Ahh...maybe you mean Briles?  If they ever publish the law firms report or it leaks, I think you'll understand why he was let go.

What the actual **** does "self-righteous" have to do with findings that Baylor's football and athletic leadership knowingly exposed women to danger? Or with Petrino hiring his girlfriend and lying to his superiors? Baylor may be on the hook for millions of dollars because of Briles: surely you all can understand that.

I just posted the relevant section from the Baylor report. I cannot for the life of me understand someone willing to take that risk at Auburn. It has nothing to do with morality police or self-righteousness. It does have to do with a university's integrity. And it has a lot to do with business.

Here's a thought. Suppose Auburn hires Briles. And one football player commits sexual assault. Guess who's also liable?

Lots of sportscasters & sportswriters should probably watch the two part series that KCEN, channel 6 Waco did recently on the Baylor story and decide if it affects their thinking/opinions any.

1 minute ago, texaswde said:

Lots of sportscasters & sportswriters should probably watch the two part series that KCEN, channel 6 Waco did recently on the Baylor story and decide if it affects their thinking/opinions any.

Link? Without date parameters, I don't know what to watch.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I know Gus and Rhett have a system as far as play calling.  I think Rhett tells Gus what the Rbs are doing and Gus calls the play based on that.  Wonder how brining in an outside would work in a system like that?

Well know I know the issue.  RL is looking at the wrong team.  He should already know what our Rbs are doing.....Easy fix and now we win out

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/attorney-releases-text-messages-between-former-auburn-te-landon-rice-and-accuser/

For those saying accusations do not not mean much until we have proof.  If Auburn waited and played Rice, we would be in so much trouble right now.  Auburn did the right thing here.  Same goes for hiring Briles.  Not worth the risk.

4 hours ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Apparently Neuheisel thinks Briles is headed here as either OC or HC next year...

I will allow it 

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/attorney-releases-text-messages-between-former-auburn-te-landon-rice-and-accuser/

For those saying accusations do not not mean much until we have proof.  If Auburn waited and played Rice, we would be in so much trouble right now.  Auburn did the right thing here.  Same goes for hiring Briles.  Not worth the risk.

If Rice raped her, he deserves to go to prison. Those messages confirm nothing though.  Though the messages are very damning.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If Rice raped her, he deserves to go to prison. Those messages confirm nothing though.  

It confirms that when it comes to assault of a woman of any kind, you do not want to take the risk.  Whether it is the person actually doing it, or the coach not doing anything to try and stop it.

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Because he let his players rape women.  You of all people should be against him if that is your daughter in your profile picture.

The more I've read about the case, I am not so sure this is true.  The Title IX department at Baylor dropped the ball.  Briles himself had nothing to do with that.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

He's definitely a program builder and was able to sustain that success at a place like BAYLOR. If he comes out clean from this Baylor mess and he goes somewhere else....especially in the SEC....It will be hard to be optimistic.

I also saw how Gene Chizik dared him to run the ball in the Russell Athletic Bowl in 2015 and Briles, instead of getting cute and trying to outsmart the D, he ran right up the middle on UNC to a tune of 645 yards and didn't stop.  And he didn't have his starting or backup QB healthy. Nor did he have his 1st string running back, top WR, or starting right tackle available. That's just crazy. And we already know what kind of aerial attack he brings to the table.

Yeah people who say Baylor can't run the ball weren't watching closely enough. He took pocket passers like Brice and put them in positions where they could take advantage of a defense slacking. Think Sean with Arkansas state but against teams that matter

If Gus is able to keep his job another year, and the jury is very much still out on that one, I wouldn't have a problem with him bringing in Briles as OC depending on what the final report says.  Obviously, he did not personally sexually assault anyone.  If he knew about a player doing it and failed to act to get rid of the player that is very damning.  But a lot of these situations are ultimately found to be accusations with nothing to back them up so I think you have to be careful with that.   Should he be banned from making a living if it was something like the Jovon situation this year? Coaches are in a very tough situation when there is an accusation but no clear evidence to back it up.  Innocent until proven guilty, that is the law in this country.  

I've not followed this situation with Briles. Is he accused of  knowing what was happening and not dealing with it? I saw the post above from a report but it does not specifically mention Briles.

Just now, SumterAubie said:

I've not followed this situation with Briles. Is he accused of  knowing what was happening and not dealing with it? I saw the post above from a report but it does not specifically mention Briles.

Based on everything I've read, he hasn't been accused of anything.  They school apparently had an over abundance of Title IX complaints and did not deal with them all properly, but from what I've read, the only two related to the football program where handled immediately and both players were kicked off the team.  The more you read into it, the more it seems like Briles was the sacrificial lamb so others, and the school as a whole, could save face.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Based on everything I've read, he hasn't been accused of anything.  They school apparently had an over abundance of Title IX complaints and did not deal with them all properly, but from what I've read, the only two related to the football program where handled immediately and both players were kicked off the team.  The more you read into it, the more it seems like Briles was the sacrificial lamb so others, and the school as a whole, could save face.

Thank you

Archived