So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Somehow I feel like I got dumber reading this thread.  And I wasn't too sharp before I started.

Things got dicey a few pages back.  Poor old fifty is probably napping right about now, I hope his blood pressure has stabilized.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some stupid rambling here.

I admit when this story first broke I believed there were numerous instances of Baylor football players assaulting Baylor coeds, the Baylor coaching staff knowing of it, and turning a blind eye. With the end result being Briles being fired as head coach, the implication being he knew of these ‘numerous sexual assaults’ and did nothing about it.

Now it seems there were only two players who attacked Baylor students. Neither of whom played a down for Baylor. And apparently when word of one of the assaults reached the coaching staff that player was dismissed from the team even before the assault became public knowledge with his arrest 3 days later. This does not sound as if the coaching staff was protecting any of their players.

So Auburn fires Galloway for violating NCAA rules, and doesn’t pay him a dime of a buyout. Yet here we have Baylor, a private Baptist university, agreeing to pay Briles a healthy portion of his buyout, even though he was fired for protecting football players who committed these heinous crimes. Why would Baylor agree to do this? It appears if either school had grounds to avoid paying any buyout monies it would be Baylor.

Briles was the only coach fired. This implies Briles, and only Briles, was aware of these sexual assaults and chose not to report them.

The difference between Petrino and Briles is the connection between Petrino and the young woman he was involved with is well documented. With Briles we only have a vague reference in the Pepper report to ‘specific failings within the football program. It is too bad the Pepper report does not provide any of the ‘specific failings’ it alludes to.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's a characterization of how people are portraying the other side in this thread, you included.  

Yes it's a false, cartoonish characterization. Kinda like how Gus's current offense is still "an offense."

Look -- if new information comes out that clears him of wrongdoing, then fine. But, seriously -- half of the Auburn student population is female. Do we really want to bring in as the head football coach -- who would be the face of the entire university -- a guy who was very publicly fired after these reports of failure to properly address claims of rape? 

My post suggested that most people in the pro-Briles camp probably aren't those in the demographics who were most effected by the Baylor rape cover-up. How will parents feel sending their 17 year old daughters off to Auburn, when they're driving by huge billboads with Briles' face plastered all over them. What kind of message does that send? 

You dont have to agree with me, but if you're going to undermine or try to discount my opinion by calling me a pastor, then you're doing the work to make yourself out to be a monster, not me.

yes my blood pressure is ok  lol.i was so frustrated. everytime i would try to reply a notification doo hickey would pop up and i could not turn it off. so i was going back and forth and trying to keep my train of thought. and i honestly thought i was being targeted for a ban. so kudo's to titan for not trying to do that. done arguing period. let me just say i love auburn and wish her the best................war eagle baby!

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Some stupid rambling here.

I admit when this story first broke I believed there were numerous instances of Baylor football players assaulting Baylor coeds, the Baylor coaching staff knowing of it, and turning a blind eye. With the end result being Briles being fired as head coach, the implication being he knew of these ‘numerous sexual assaults’ and did nothing about it.

Now it seems there were only two players who attacked Baylor students. Neither of whom played a down for Baylor. And apparently when word of one of the assaults reached the coaching staff that player was dismissed from the team even before the assault became public knowledge with his arrest 3 days later. This does not sound as if the coaching staff was protecting any of their players.

So Auburn fires Galloway for violating NCAA rules, and doesn’t pay him a dime of a buyout. Yet here we have Baylor, a private Baptist university, agreeing to pay Briles a healthy portion of his buyout, even though he was fired for protecting football players who committed these heinous crimes. Why would Baylor agree to do this? It appears if either school had grounds to avoid paying any buyout monies it would be Baylor.

Briles was the only coach fired. This implies Briles, and only Briles, was aware of these sexual assaults and chose not to report them.

The difference between Petrino and Briles is the connection between Petrino and the young woman he was involved with is well documented. With Briles we only have a vague reference in the Pepper report to ‘specific failings within the football program. It is too bad the Pepper report does not provide any of the ‘specific failings’ it alludes to.

hang on a while, it'll come out....pretty obvious that the TEXAS MAFIA was behind a whole lot of the media reports...remember the cam saga?.....briles was wiping his a** with UT and making them like it......briles messed up, but nowhere near the extent that the media has made it out to be....his lawyer has already said that if there were any lawsuits brought against him, there would be no settlement talk whatsoever....a judge has already dropped him and the former AD as defendants in the present lawsuit

15 minutes ago, msza said:

Yes it's a false, cartoonish characterization. Kinda like how Gus's current offense is still "an offense."

It was meant to be a bit on the hyperbolic side.  The point was:  everyone needs to quit casting the other side of this argument in the worst light possible.  I'm not filming a documentary here, I'm just using an illustration with a hint of humor to get some folks to quit behaving like infants.

Look -- if new information comes out that clears him of wrongdoing, then fine. But, seriously -- half of the Auburn student population is female. Do we really want to bring in as the head football coach -- who would be the face of the entire university -- a guy who was very publicly fired after these reports of failure to properly address claims of rape? 

I would suggest that you re-read this excellent summation of what people are trying to explain to you about this  He distills it all very well:

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/152876-so-rick-neuheisel/?do=findComment&comment=2542315

The information is already out there for those who bother to read it.

My post suggested that most people in the pro-Briles camp probably aren't those in the demographics who were most effected by the Baylor rape cover-up. How will parents feel sending their 17 year old daughters off to Auburn, when they're driving by huge billboads with Briles' face plastered all over them. What kind of message does that send? 

You dont have to agree with me, but if you're going to undermine or try to discount my opinion by calling me a pastor, then you're doing the work to make yourself out to be a monster, not me.

I'll also suggest you go back and re-read what I posted.  I never called you a pastor (and even if I had, when did that become some sort of insult that would make me a monster?)  Your reply literally makes zero sense.

21 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

hang on a while, it'll come out....pretty obvious that the TEXAS MAFIA was behind a whole lot of the media reports...remember the cam saga?.....briles was wiping his a** with UT and making them like it......briles messed up, but nowhere near the extent that the media has made it out to be....his lawyer has already said that if there were any lawsuits brought against him, there would be no settlement talk whatsoever....a judge has already dropped him and the former AD as defendants in the present lawsuit

The thing is...I don't think anyone can say for absolute certainty that Briles did ANYTHING wrong at all. The more that comes out makes it appear it was Baylor Title IX admin that dropped the ball. So..instead of it looking like the school is incompetent they scapegoat Briles and hope it goes away. Hence, why they paid Briles the majority of his buyout, because they didn't have cause to fire him.

7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

The thing is...I don't think anyone can say for absolute certainty that Briles did ANYTHING wrong at all. The more that comes out makes it appear it was Baylor Title IX admin that dropped the ball. So..instead of it looking like the school is incompetent they scapegoat Briles and hope it goes away. Hence, why they paid Briles the majority of his buyout, because they didn't have cause to fire him.

yeah, the more that time passes, the more that the media accounts are falling by the wayside.....lets see how this plays out...ain't the first time an innocent man was accused.....

Read this and see if it helps you to understand what Briles was fighting in Waco.

www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sources-question-whether-BU-sexual-assault-investigation-was-flawed-392649461.html

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

It's all apparently some sort of a  RECTex parade?

Don't tell Golf.

6 minutes ago, warhogone said:

Read this and see if it helps you to understand what Briles was fighting in Waco.

www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sources-question-whether-BU-sexual-assault-investigation-was-flawed-392649461.html

what is so hard for these numbnuts to understand?...it was a witch hunt by the pro-UT media.....

Having spent some time in Tejas. I got a chance to see that Friday Night Lights ain't fiction, it's a way of life. The mentality of football 'followship' there almost makes bammers look intelligent and honorable and folks that takes some doing. Every time they turn over a rock out there they are finding more about the method use to railroad Art Briles out of Dodge so he would no longer be a thorn in the side of the 'Good Ole Boys'. Maybe now you also may have a wee bit more understanding as to why A & M came to the SEC. It wasn't just dollars.

8 minutes ago, warhogone said:

Having spent some time in Tejas. I got a chance to see that Friday Night Lights ain't fiction, it's a way of life. The mentality of football 'followship' there almost makes bammers look intelligent and honorable and folks that takes some doing. Every time they turn over a rock out there they are finding more about the method use to railroad Art Briles out of Dodge so he would no longer be a thorn in the side of the 'Good Ole Boys'. Maybe now you also may have a wee bit more understanding as to why A & M came to the SEC. It wasn't just dollars.

yeah, aTm had the dollars, and many of them....bspn has a failing network called the "longhorn network" that it is contractually obligated to fund for about 7 more years....baylor and tcu were developing a following and UT was being regulated to a second tier position,on a national scale.....just like the limp-wristed liberal "news media" does, they slant things in order to benefit their agenda....think back to cam, that was a witch hunt, and who was running with the story?...bspn was the leader....they were being fed false info and promoted it as fact....who was feeding them the false info?....youknow the answer to that......wise up

23 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Sonny Golloway was dismissed from Auburn "for cause" and not paid a dime.  If Baylor was confident that Briles was at fault, with that much money on the line, they would have done the same.

Dang, got tired of reading this back and forth with no substantiated sources (depending on your point of view and which side you're on).  So, sorry if I missed the answer to my question if someone already asked it.

My question is - If Art Briles was innocent of all accusations why would he accept a buyout of anything less than the $40 million he was owed by Baylor?  

I'm guessing he didn't want to roll the dice in court with Baylor and they probably made a calculated offer in their buyout to him because they didn't want to risk paying the full sum in court.  Tells me neither side was as clean as the wind driven snow.  I doubt we'll ever know the way this all went down unless things come out in the lawsuits.  But, I'm guessing those will eventually be settled for substantial amounts of money.  And, I imagine in the future Art is gonna be pretty careful who he recruits to his football team and I imagine he'll refer all sexual assault allegations (not just convictions) to the proper people rather than having football coaches look into it first.

The bottom line is that if Briles is hired somewhere else, the coeds on that campus will likely be some of the safest in the country as far as campus rape from football players goes.  Do you really think players on a Briles team would be able to get away with it again?  Do you not think that the whole country would be watching that program?

The only reason a program wouldn't hire Briles is because of political correctness, NOT because they are worried that women would be in danger (they wouldn't).  This isn't just an issue with Baylor or Briles, by the way.  It can happen anywhere.

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 8:28 AM, bigbird said:

Knowing facts about the case, I'd be excited as all get out.  The people that are mischaracterizing Briles need to read up a little more. As Titan has said he would need to be thoroughly vetted,  but IMO, he would be a great asset 

This. Briles has been crucified by the media. People are like Bird said mischaracterizing Briles atm. Art  Briles would be a great asset and if we could get him to come and be our OC we would be favored to win the SEC next year imo. We would get Briles Stidham and possibly Kendal Briles if that were to happen. No matter what there will be a Briles coaching at Auburn next season. That is assuming CGM does not get fired. At this point we would not hire Art Briles and hc but we would entertain the idea of him becoming the OC.

Also to add to my last post the feeling is Art would also entertain the idea of coming in and being the OC. This is all assuming that he isn't offered a head coaching gig. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

This. Briles has been crucified by the media. People are like Bird said mischaracterizing Briles atm. Art  Briles would be a great asset and if we could get him to come and be our OC we would be favored to win the SEC next year imo. We would get Briles Stidham and more than likely Kendall Briles if that were to happen. No matter what there will be a Briles coaching at Auburn next season. That is assuming CGM does not get fired. At this point we would not hire Art Briles and hc but we would entertain the idea of him becoming the OC.

You've heard Art as OC candidate haven't heard that one myself. Kendall yes not Art OC

23 hours ago, msza said:

Do any of you pro-Briles folks have college-aged daughters?

Didn't think so.

Why are so many people ok with hiring the younger Briles as OC and not Art as Head Coach? He was on the staff so why does the older briles get all the blame dumped on him but none of the staff? That makes NO sense. The rest of their staff got to keep their jobs? okkkkkkkkk. Something is real fishy. Points to Art just be the fall guy for the university so they could save their own hide.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Dang, got tired of reading this back and forth with no substantiated sources (depending on your point of view and which side you're on).  So, sorry if I missed the answer to my question if someone already asked it.

My question is - If Art Briles was innocent of all accusations why would he accept a buyout of anything less than the $40 million he was owed by Baylor?  

I'm guessing he didn't want to roll the dice in court with Baylor and they probably made a calculated offer in their buyout to him because they didn't want to risk paying the full sum in court.  Tells me neither side was as clean as the wind driven snow.  I doubt we'll ever know the way this all went down unless things come out in the lawsuits.  But, I'm guessing those will eventually be settled for substantial amounts of money.  And, I imagine in the future Art is gonna be pretty careful who he recruits to his football team and I imagine he'll refer all sexual assault allegations (not just convictions) to the proper people rather than having football coaches look into it first.

Because depending on the figures, he could likely walk away with a lot more of that money than he'd get if he had to hire a team of lawyers for a knockdown dragout court battle?

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Also to add to my last post the feeling is Art would also entertain the idea of coming in and being the OC. This is all assuming that he isn't offered a head coaching gig. 

austudnt23, do you feel Gus's trip to Baylor in the off-season was about more than just "consulting" with Briles about offense?

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You've heard Art as OC candidate haven't heard that one myself. Kendall yes not Art OC

Just Saying the talk around the athletic complex is we would entertain the idea of bringing Art in as OC. KB has been a candidate. But the feeling is assuming Art does not get a hc opportunity that he would accept he would be open to coming to Auburn for a year or two and being the OC under Malzahn.

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Because depending on the figures, he could likely walk away with a lot more of that money than he'd get if he had to hire a team of lawyers for a knockdown dragout court battle?

Could be. I'm not a legal expert but I figured if he won the case then Baylor would normally have to pay his legal expenses also.  But, I dunno.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Could be. I'm not a legal expert but I figured if he won the case then Baylor would normally have to pay his legal expenses also.  But, I dunno.

That's not guaranteed. 

As one who's been pretty vocal on this thread, I'm sure some of y'all saw stories about the Ken Starr interview. It doesn't change my mind for lots of reasons, but it sure does make me eager to see some actual reporting. One of those cases where I'd rather be wrong than right.

Archived