So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, with the coaching stability not on solid ground, there can be no concrete info that Briles will be here next year. How can he be headed this way with so many unknowns with the staff?

Second, with CGM, he is basically the OC, or has strong influence on his offense and playcalling, so how would bringing in Briles as OC, if CGM stays another year going to workout? I see no way the 2 work together with the offense. If Malzahn was more of a Defensive coach, then i am all for it, but...no way this arrangement works out looking at it in simple terms.

Third, if CGM somehow gets let go, i dont see at all the PTB bringing in a tainted coach with too recent negative feelings from the sexual assault coverups at Baylor on his resume.

Why not ? Heck look how many previous head coaches have been on Sabans staff both offense and defense. Even if it's a one and done you get rid of Rhett, hopefully right the ship , and finally leave the correct person in place to take over. I don't see how this makes you worse.

Ignoring for a moment his possible involvement in covering up sexual assaults, why are people so high on Briles? We've seen what happens to teams that run that pass happy offense in the SEC

4 minutes ago, selias said:

Ignoring for a moment his possible involvement in covering up sexual assaults, why are people so high on Briles? We've seen what happens to teams that run that pass happy offense in the SEC

Have not seen the rushing totals his teams have put up also?

20 minutes ago, selias said:

He's produced several good running backs at Baylor, usually one every year. I think his last year there was their deepest, with 2 or 3 pretty good rushers. Passing to set up the run probably would've won us a few more games this year 

It would chap my backside if the fat guy with the bad haircut, right before he ripped the cord on retirement, hired an ostracized coach.  Seems like Jacobs has no place making any hires, except his replacement- and probably not even that.

41 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Why not ? Heck look how many previous head coaches have been on Sabans staff both offense and defense. Even if it's a one and done you get rid of Rhett, hopefully right the ship , and finally leave the correct person in place to take over. I don't see how this makes you worse.

Because he let his players rape women.  You of all people should be against him if that is your daughter in your profile picture.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Because he let his players rape women.  You of all people should be against him if that is your daughter in your profile picture.

This is more speculation, no?

im honestly asking because I was unable to follow his dismissal for Baylor as closely as id like to. 

From what I've been told, he's still trying/thinking about suing Baylor? Or was it all settled already?

Neuheisel might be a message board reader. He has said a few things on air before about rumors that you'd only read on a message board. I think a Finebaum caller actually quoted him one time and PF was surprised RN would say something that wasn't a mainstream media talking point.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

come on! Don't condemn a guy for something like that, based on speculation.   People make it seem like he chatted up his players every week about who they raped. 

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Really don't appreciate your comment especially behind a keyboard.....just sayin

He's definitely a program builder and was able to sustain that success at a place like BAYLOR. If he comes out clean from this Baylor mess and he goes somewhere else....especially in the SEC....It will be hard to be optimistic.

I also saw how Gene Chizik dared him to run the ball in the Russell Athletic Bowl in 2015 and Briles, instead of getting cute and trying to outsmart the D, he ran right up the middle on UNC to a tune of 645 yards and didn't stop.  And he didn't have his starting or backup QB healthy. Nor did he have his 1st string running back, top WR, or starting right tackle available. That's just crazy. And we already know what kind of aerial attack he brings to the table.

3 minutes ago, Charhair said:

This is more speculation, no?

im honestly asking because I was unable to follow his dismissal for Baylor as closely as id like to. 

From what I've been told, he's still trying/thinking about suing Baylor? Or was it all settled already?

It was settled, but get this.  He said he would meet with one of the victims and once the suit was over, never showed up to the meeting.  He only said he would meet with her to help his case.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea, come on! Don't condemn a guy for something like that, based on speculation.   People make it seem like he chatted up his players every week about who they raped. 

Looking the other way and not stopping your players is a terrible thing to do.  It is our job as men to protect women from these abuses.  Don't lose your morals because you want a guy who can coach.

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Really don't appreciate your comment especially behind a keyboard.....just sayin

I am saying that because I was surprised you would say that.  I have agreed with most if not all of your posts until I saw that one.  I even back you up two weeks ago on another thread.  It is our jobs as boyfriends/husbands/fathers to prevent those crimes from happening.  We, as Auburn men, are better than that to let a player or coach with those actions come in.

Archived