So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and i guess it is still ok to call me liar but i get in trouble calling someone an idiot? double standards. you guys should not be choosing sides as admin. you let others slide because i have upset you. i guess. but i did get  a few likes for my stance on briles. i guess with the treatment i received others did not want to suffer the same fate. and i will never even remotely give anyone the benefit of the doubt with such serious charges.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and i guess it is still ok to call me liar but i get in trouble calling someone an idiot? double standards. you guys should not be choosing sides as admin. you let others slide because i have upset you. i guess. but i did get  a few likes for my stance on briles. i guess with the treatment i received others did not want to suffer the same fate. and i will never even remotely give anyone the benefit of the doubt with such serious charges.

You are hilarious.

make you feel good about yourself to make fun of others? good for you. try harder.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

make you feel good about yourself to make fun of others? good for you. try harder.

I love you. 

yeah yeah..............

No one's asking you to give him the benefit of the doubt. We're asking you to slow the breaks in condemning him so fully.  You seem to be 100% convinced he is scum and guilty of covering up rape, but we're telling you that the truth might just be the opposite. That's all

concerning art i saw a show on him a while back and some dogged him but some were amazingly protective of him and said he is a real life stand up guy. so i honestly do not knbow and did not mean to imply in any way i dislike him. i would love to have him at auburn......if he is innocent. but guys i live in bama country and let me tell you it sucks. i hear it all and it gets old. i just love auburn enough i do not want to take a chance until coach briles is fully vetted. maybe i am too old school but i remember so many old timers that have passed that put their heart and soul in auburn many things today would break their heart. so basically my  love of auburn has me being very protective of aubrun. my concern for mr briles is a clean slate and lets make him the highest paid if need be. does that make sense? sometimes i do better with a buzz. and earlier my brain was running faster than i could keep up with. i got no hard feelings with anyone. even the guy that thinks i am a liar. your loss man. i am crazy and old as dirt but i am honest unless i do not state myself clearly at times. and that is the truth and no excuse so you guys might understand. but what has killed me is this whole thing to me has boiled down to my love for auburn.

hell guys i will even say i am sorry for any i offended. heat of the moment. for personal reasons i do not do stress well and often fail miserably. so to those i offended i apologize. it takes a man to apologize right or wrong..........so war eagle.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

concerning art i saw a show on him a while back and some dogged him but some were amazingly protective of him and said he is a real life stand up guy. so i honestly do not knbow and did not mean to imply in any way i dislike him. i would love to have him at auburn......if he is innocent. but guys i live in bama country and let me tell you it sucks. i hear it all and it gets old. i just love auburn enough i do not want to take a chance until coach briles is fully vetted. maybe i am too old school but i remember so many old timers that have passed that put their heart and soul in auburn many things today would break their heart. so basically my  love of auburn has me being very protective of aubrun. my concern for mr briles is a clean slate and lets make him the highest paid if need be. does that make sense? sometimes i do better with a buzz. and earlier my brain was running faster than i could keep up with. i got no hard feelings with anyone. even the guy that thinks i am a liar. your loss man. i am crazy and old as dirt but i am honest unless i do not state myself clearly at times. and that is the truth and no excuse so you guys might understand. but what has killed me is this whole thing to me has boiled down to my love for auburn.

hell guys i will even say i am sorry for any i offended. heat of the moment. for personal reasons i do not do stress well and often fail miserably. so to those i offended i apologize. it takes a man to apologize right or wrong..........so war eagle.

I going to assume I'm the guy that "called you a liar". If so, not my intent, so I apologize as well. All is well my friend :cheers:

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

This is at least the third time I've told you this:  you weren't in trouble for calling someone an idiot.  In fact, I specifically said that I wasn't concerned about that sort of thing.  You got in trouble for attributing abhorrent views on rape to people when they had neither said nor implied that they held such views.

Moral of this whole story: Boy I really hope Rick is right. We NEED a coach the caliber of Briles desperately.

6 hours ago, msza said:

Do any of you pro-Briles folks have college-aged daughters?

Didn't think so.

Can we stop with the painting of people with different opinions as either uncaring monsters who want to win at any cost vs moral snobs who act like we're hiring a pastor?  

7 hours ago, msza said:

Do any of you pro-Briles folks have college-aged daughters?

Didn't think so.

Im recently removed from dating college aged daughters.   That counts. 

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Sonny Golloway was dismissed from Auburn "for cause" and not paid a dime.  If Baylor was confident that Briles was at fault, with that much money on the line, they would have done the same.

Two words: Roger Ailes.

Quite a few pages above I mentioned that I'm engaged to an employment attorney. It happens all the time. Another employment attorney on the board backed me up. This logic has no merit.

i will not apologize for what i believe. i stopped by the rant and it seems i am not alone in my beliefs period so it made me feel better. i will never apologize for using caution when hiring someone who has not been proven innocent in a court of law. and i am sorry if you want to win and the hell with honor or safety you suck. period.

i apologized yesterday for getting upset and not stating myself clearly. and dammit i have that right. and titan i apologize and you still are dinking me. you have let this get personal it would appear. but then you folks jump anyone who disagrees. why not except the apology and move on titan?

if you hire or recruit known felons that commited rapes before they came on campus then i am sorry it is on you cus. yes i read a bit. and you folks want to read some opinions go read the two dozen pages on the rant about this same thing. 

oh and titan you told me for the third time? dude you were going to bring me punishment  because you thought i smeared bird. so which is it? i have asked you over and over to drop it or lock this thread and you ignore me. you just got to get your shots in even after i apologized.; sorry you are not fair and you are not impartial. and you side with mr briles all you want. the fact is you have no idea if he is guilty or not. you just have an opinion based on what you can scrounge up. at least i am using caution. and if you believe the media meltdown popping up before briles has made it here then maybe you might understand what i am saying. now i am asking you as a mod to let it go and let me alone unless you need to punishment. you keep jerking my chain i will keep taking up for myself. after all you folks have been on me hard over something you do not even know for a fact. hey it is friday. try to remember i am an auburn guy and just move on. we will never agree. i have told you this several times since you like to mention how many times you tell folks something. take your own advice.

get off my azz and let me along until i do something and then you can have a i got that mean old man aubie who does not care for rape or anyone associated with it. so if you are not going to change my mind then tell me what are you doing with me? feels like harassment to me. and that is the honest to god truth. so why keep on? yes i will slip somewhere and you can get me. why try to make me a bitter poster? why not disagree and move on? it is the classy thing to do.

17 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Two words: Roger Ailes.

Quite a few pages above I mentioned that I'm engaged to an employment attorney. It happens all the time. Another employment attorney on the board backed me up. This logic has no merit.

And as I said, two words:  Sunny Golloway.  Television news is a lot different than college athletics.  And CEOs of major television networks typically make far more money than head football coaches anyway.

Point being - it's completely valid to counter with Baylor quickly agreeing to a massive settlement when someone uses "Well, they fired him - must have been something to it" as an argument.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will not apologize for what i believe. i stopped by the rant and it seems i am not alone in my beliefs period so it made me feel better. i will never apologize for using caution when hiring someone who has not been proven innocent in a court of law. and i am sorry if you want to win and the hell with honor or safety you suck. period.

No one asked you for an apology for your beliefs.  We asked you to stop basing your beliefs on half truths and rumors.

And for the record, the sentence I bolded above is the exact reason you keep getting hammered over this.  Here we are 11 pages into this and you still cannot resist mischaracterizing the motives of others.  When you stop doing this, I'll leave you alone.  I don't care what your opinions are, but I do care that you continue to smear those who hold a different view than your or simply try to get you to acknowledge known facts.

i apologized yesterday for getting upset and not stating myself clearly. and dammit i have that right. and titan i apologize and you still are dinking me. you have let this get personal it would appear. but then you folks jump anyone who disagrees. why not except the apology and move on titan?

I keep "dinking" you because you keep repeating the same errors over and over.  Saying I'm sorry doesn't really mean much if you turn around two posts later and start attributing false motives and views to people again.  Apologies followed by changed behavior are what matter.

if you hire or recruit known felons that commited rapes before they came on campus then i am sorry it is on you cus. yes i read a bit. and you folks want to read some opinions go read the two dozen pages on the rant about this same thing. 

Except that's not what happened.  Again - learn to argue facts, not conjecture.

oh and titan you told me for the third time? dude you were going to bring me punishment  because you thought i smeared bird. so which is it?

I was going to suspend you for a few days if you persisted in mischaracterizing people's motives and views, saying they are enablers or that they tolerate rape, or just think rape is "rough sex" and numerous other things of that nature.  The "third time" reference is that you keep saying the suspension threat was about name-calling.  I explained this to you multiple times now:  it wasn't about name-calling.  What you were attributing to other people was far more serious to me than calling someone an idiot.

i have asked you over and over to drop it or lock this thread and you ignore me.

Because it is not your decision as to when a thread is locked or the subject dropped.  If you don't wish to talk about this anymore, then don't.  Stop reading the thread and bite your tongue.  The rest of us will go on talking and you can live your life.  

you just got to get your shots in even after i apologized.;

Because when you continue to do the things you supposedly apologize for, it doesn't seem very genuine.

sorry you are not fair and you are not impartial. and you side with mr briles all you want.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but your have not demonstrated the ability to objectively view pretty much anything, so I take that with a bag of rock salt.

I haven't sided with Coach Briles.  I have simply tried to steer us back toward facts and tried to get you to stop making huge assumptions that ignore them.

the fact is you have no idea if he is guilty or not. you just have an opinion based on what you can scrounge up. at least i am using caution. and if you believe the media meltdown popping up before briles has made it here then maybe you might understand what i am saying. now i am asking you as a mod to let it go and let me alone unless you need to punishment. you keep jerking my chain i will keep taking up for myself. after all you folks have been on me hard over something you do not even know for a fact. hey it is friday. try to remember i am an auburn guy and just move on. we will never agree. i have told you this several times since you like to mention how many times you tell folks something. take your own advice.

You can stop responding to this thread any time you wish.  No one is holding a gun to your head making your read it or respond to it.  If you want to stop talking about it, then exercise some self-control and discipline and move on yourself.  But you don't get to dictate whether the rest of us continue to hash things out.

And I never said I know whether he's guilty or not.  But you have run off with about half the facts and a pack of rumors and me and Bird have simply been trying to tell you to hold off on the condemnation and assumptions.  There are known facts that point to the very real possibility of him being a fall guy rather than some monster that covers up rape.  And no one has suggested not to be cautious.  That's just you projecting your assumptions on to others.  Auburn should do it's own investigation and gather all the facts before they consider hiring anyone, especially anyone with controversy surrounding them.  But what they should not do is refuse to hire someone when the facts indicate they are not guilty of the terrible things they are accused of just because it might cause some media talking heads or stupid bammers to rag us about it.

get off my azz and let me along until i do something and then you can have a i got that mean old man aubie who does not care for rape or anyone associated with it. so if you are not going to change my mind then tell me what are you doing with me? feels like harassment to me. and that is the honest to god truth. so why keep on? yes i will slip somewhere and you can get me. why try to make me a bitter poster? why not disagree and move on? it is the classy thing to do.

I am simply trying to get you to calm down and stop smearing others because they hold some slightly different views on aspects of this subject from you.  

Again, you are not being harassed.  But you are not going to be catered to and coddled either.  If you wish to end this discussion, then you move on.  It's fully within your power to do so.  But the rest of us will continue to discuss whatever we feel like discussing and if that's just too much for your to bear, then I'm sorry.  You'll just have to soldier on somehow.

okie dokey titan. last time.........you said.............. No one asked you for an apology for your beliefs.  We asked you to stop basing your beliefs on half truths and rumors. are you not basing your beliefs on someone as well whom has not been found innocent of anything in a court of law? no you have not. you are basing your beliefs on public opinion and what you think and not what you know. there is no difference. you are doing the very same thing. you are just on the opposite. and i am sorry but you are willing to give someone a pass when the jury is still out and you are seriously trying to tell folks it is  not because you want to win more games? is it not a known fact that briles brought a felon rapist to baylor? true or false? and if he did is it true or false the same kid raped someone at baylor? and try to be objective. and lets not cloud or onfuse things. we already know you can argue better. so lets just use a yes or not on my two questions.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Can we stop with the painting of people with different opinions as either uncaring monsters who want to win at any cost vs moral snobs who act like we're hiring a pastor?  

Monsters and pastors? Those are your words, not mine. I just implied I think there's a lack of perspective in the pro-Briles camp.

About half the student body is female, and we should consider how they and their families would feel about a Briles hire.

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i have two granddaughters, one is at arkansas state....and your point?

And how would you feel if Arkie St brought in Briles? How would your granddaughter and her parents feel?

1 minute ago, msza said:

And how would you feel if Arkie St brought in Briles? How would your granddaughter and her parents feel?

Obviously we would tell him to leave his personal group of expert rapist/football players at home.  

See how stupid that sounds?  Thats basically what your post is insinuating when bring in Art Briles.  

Archived