2-2...

bigbird

Just now, GoAU said:

I don't mind that, but put Pettaway back there with him for the zone read or option. 

This. KJ still gives a lot back there I would like to see him with Pettaway as a power option and another guy as a speed option. I wouldn't mind seeing what JF3 can do, but he's a little guy, and the short field might take away some of his speed advantage if he were the primary ball handler (QB)?

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

Not sure about undefeated, but a strong probably for a  3 - 1 record.

They could have beat TAM also. The offense left the Defense on the field so much the second half it wore them out. Just a little movement instead of 3 and outs and we could have won that one also. IMHO   WDE

No doubt that things need to continue to move in the right direction. There are so many things that need to be tweaked. Honestly, I'd have two, maybe three, freshman starting at receiver.  Steven's would not be in there. Pettway would replace Cox as HB when not at RB and I'd have already other of KP/KJ formations. All of that said, we had the toughest September in the nation and we came out 2-2...not ideal, but I'll sure as hell take us figuring ways to win as opposed to ways to lose.

I feel like the offense will keep improving and they have two "winnable" games now to work on it before a bye week and then arky at home. Improve enough and thats the game that could determine whether this becomes a good year or a mediocre year. Defense is playing lights out, Carlson's amazing. 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Including JF3 into the red zone needs to be the plan going forward.

I agree. KJ has plenty to do. Let JF3 go in and run the zone read in the red zone. All things considered I certainly can't see where it could hurt.

5 minutes ago, Fricking Ray said:

I agree. KJ has plenty to do. Let JF3 go in and run the zone read in the red zone. All things considered I certainly can't see where it could hurt.

fumbles keep us from even having an opportunity for FG's when in the redzone.  JFII's ball security/handling concerns me.  Fix that, and I would be okay with using him  in the wildcat occasionally. 

1 minute ago, trout54 said:

fumbles keep us from even having an opportunity for FG's when in the redzone.  JFII's ball security/handling concerns me.  Fix that, and I would be okay with using him  in the wildcat occasionally. 

Considering our lack of success in the red zone I think its worth a shot. I agree he carries the ball like a loaf of bread too much for my liking. However the upside is worth the risk.

2-2 isn't bad for the schedule we've played but it's easy to play "what if". Going forward I wish Stevens would give way to Slayton/KD/NCM and wish Cox would sit and have KP and KJ on the field at the same time, maybe "diamond formation" kind of look. I think those changes could kick our offense up a notch.

18 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well, Les gets a consolation. I'm given to understand that he finds the turf at Jordan-Hare delicious and worth the trip all by itself. 

Two plays in 24 seconds at games end. Only Les.

Sorry to here Les was fired.  I like Cam.  Was visiting him before he was fired from Indiana.  Both Les and Cam are good people.  I was only joking.  I only joke with people I like.  I am sad to see both fired. God bless both.  

Dont post much.  Been around long time.  This is only a game and it has grown into an out of control business.  

Has anyone heard how Cam is doing with his cancer?  

20 hours ago, AU_Engineer said:

I'm still in disbelief. We Les Miled Les Miles ??

Out of likes...here's my 26th!!

I don't get the hating on Stevens? I do think Petway would be better than Cox at HB. The big fail of the game for me is the drive that ended on downs before halftime . The play Beckwith was unblocked highly disapointed me. I don't know who is at fault.

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't get the hating on Stevens? I do think Petway would be better than Cox at HB. The big fail of the game for me is the drive that ended on downs before halftime . The play Beckwith was unblocked highly disapointed me. I don't know who is at fault.

I think Tony has been much improved this year until last night, I know he dropped 3 passes, and 2 of them were touchdowns. Maybe it was because Coach Craig was on the other sideline , and they were so used to dropping everything when he was here.

14 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think Tony has been much improved this year until last night, I know he dropped 3 passes, and 2 of them were touchdowns. Maybe it was because Coach Craig was on the other sideline , and they were so used to dropping everything when he was here.

Ouch! 

Archived