All Things Woody Barrett (Merged)

trout54

Everything I hear or read something about Woody, the more I'm thinking our 2 QB's will be Jarrett Stidham and Barrett. Also, I feel we'll see a lot more of Woody then most people think we will.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Everything I hear or read something about Woody, the more I'm thinking our 2 QB's will be Jarrett Stidham and Barrett. Also, I feel we'll see a lot more of Woody then most people think we will.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

On 3/25/2017 at 0:34 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Woody physically looks great . Good luck to him

Sarcasm right?

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think he is going to be passed on the depth chart if MW keeps playing like he is playing. 

He better turn it around fast b/c Spring is almost over. It's going to be the JS and SW show come summer which means less reps for Woody. This is his time to shine now. I don't expect for him be our backup unless SW turns out not to be 100% but i did expect for him to gain some ground on SW. Doesn't seem like that is happening. 

It's going to be interesting to see how everything plays out b/c the real QB battle is not for the starting position IMO...it's for the backup role. I'm one that doesn't trust anything Gus says at this point so i'm not really convinced that everything will be 100% ok with SW after he's "healed."  I'm more interested in if his shoulder issue has been addressed. All i see and hear about his his broken forearm. 

Current QB situation.

JS - Looked good in the scrimmage. He did not make any mistakes. He did not take contact. Coaches said they have enough info on JS they did not need him to go live. Translation: JS is our main guy this year and we can't afford to get him hurt. 

SW - Participated in 7 on 7 with no contact. He has a metal plate in his shoulder now after his operation. Translation: This could mean he is bionic (for those that remember the 6 Million Dollar Man) or that he will never start again for AU. Coaches are saying they will wait to name a starter until after SW has had a chance to compete. Second Translation: SW is one Whirly Bird throw away from being either Backup #1 or Backup #2.

WB - Physically, he is the biggest of our QB's. He is almost built more like a LBer than a QB. He went live in the practice Saturday. He stats were 0-4 with an interception. Translation: Don't think twice about Coach T-Will spending 20 minutes working drills with WB after practice Saturday. They were just getting to know one another.

MW - True Freshman, should be attending his HS Formal soon, but chose to enroll early. 3 Star kid, many thought was an afterthought for AU on signing day. MW has quickly picked up the offense and is reminding people of Nic Marshall. He went live in Saturday's scrimmage. He had 4 possessions and led the offense to 3 scores and threw 2 TD passes. He was elusive and made some nice runs. Translation: MW is one more scrimmage away from potentially losing his redshirt year. We know how fragile SW is and in the SEC anybody is one hit away from being on the injured list.

Things can always change, but, this is the way I see things today. 

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Current QB situation.

JS - Looked good in the scrimmage. He did not make any mistakes. He did not take contact. Coaches said they have enough info on JS they did not need him to go live. Translation: JS is our main guy this year and we can't afford to get him hurt. 

SW - Participated in 7 on 7 with no contact. He has a metal plate in his shoulder now after his operation. Translation: This could mean he is bionic (for those that remember the 6 Million Dollar Man) or that he will never start again for AU. Coaches are saying they will wait to name a starter until after SW has had a chance to compete. Second Translation: SW is one Whirly Bird throw away from being either Backup #1 or Backup #2.

WB - Physically, he is the biggest of our QB's. He is almost built more like a LBer than a QB. He went live in the practice Saturday. He stats were 0-4 with an interception. Translation: Don't think twice about Coach T-Will spending 20 minutes working drills with WB after practice Saturday. They were just getting to know one another.

MW - True Freshman, should be attending his HS Formal soon, but chose to enroll early. 3 Star kid, many thought was an afterthought for AU on signing day. MW has quickly picked up the offense and is reminding people of Nic Marshall. He went live in Saturday's scrimmage. He had 4 possessions and led the offense to 3 scores and threw 2 TD passes. He was elusive and made some nice runs. Translation: MW is one more scrimmage away from potentially losing his redshirt year. We know how fragile SW is and in the SEC anybody is one hit away from being on the injured list.

Things can always change, but, this is the way I see things today. 

I am rooting hardcore for MW, after a few got bit by the star rating bug. Do you honestly think MW has enough tools to pass by SW? Posting this question also to @WarDamnEagleWDE as well.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am rooting hardcore for MW, after a few got bit by the star rating bug. Do you honestly think MW has enough tools to pass by SW? Posting this question also to @WarDamnEagleWDE as well.

Heck yea. Will Willis this year? Hope not. Willis really needs to be redshirted. This kid is going to be a star at AU. You can just look at him and tell. Just has a "it" factor to him. I'm as pumped up about Willis as anyone on this team. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Heck yea. Will Willis this year? Hope not. Willis really needs to be redshirted. This kid is going to be a star at AU. You can just look at him and tell. Just has a "it" factor to him. I'm as pumped up about Willis as anyone on this team. 

Felt this about Willis before he was even in pads watching him and how he carried himself. Even when he wasn't participating in drills u could still feel that "it" factor just watching him before he came up again

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Funny, because (some) people here thought we were "wasting" a scholarship on him. Then again, the people that said that would say something like that, if you know what I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Funny, because (some) people here thought we were "wasting" a scholarship on him. Then again, the people that said that would say something like that, if you know what I'm saying. 

You can say that again. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The high school coaches in Georgia thought this kid was by far the most under rated player in the nation last year. Didn't get the love he deserved because last year was his first to play QB for a whole season. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I can think of one in particular who has since been banned, thank the Lord.

Wait! Somebody has been banned from here?!?!?! PM me.

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I can think of one in particular who has since been banned, thank the Lord.

I've noticed 2 absences for quite awhile now. I was scared to opine out loud lest I summon them back to the board, Candyman-style. 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've noticed 2 absences for quite awhile now. I was scared to opine out loud lest I summon them back to the board, Candyman-style. 

I wonder who the other is who does not share a name with a famous ventriloquist? 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wonder who the other is who does not share a name with a famous ventriloquist? 

I'll give you some HINTS. He has a SNAKE in his name and always POSTS as though he just drank FOUR MONSTER ENERGY drinks and LOVES to remind everybody how he KNEW the 2010 team was going to WIN IT ALL. It's very IMPORTANT to him that he is RIGHT and you are WRONG. In FACT, he'll just CHANGE THE SUBJECT when either of those things isn't true. He also devoted a lot of TIME in the preseason last year to talking about how TERRIBLE Sean White is and then promptly DISAPPEARED for much of the season. 

Woo.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'll give you some HINTS. He has a SNAKE in his name and always POSTS as though he just drank FOUR MONSTER ENERGY drinks and LOVES to remind everybody how he KNEW the 2010 team was going to WIN IT ALL. It's very IMPORTANT to him that he is RIGHT and you are WRONG. In FACT, he'll just CHANGE THE SUBJECT when either of those things isn't true. He also devoted a lot of TIME in the preseason last year to talking about how TERRIBLE Sean White is and then promptly DISAPPEARED for much of the season. 

Woo.

Thanks but instead of that my classic wrestling friend a gif would have said it all...

wrestling-gif-8.gif

Archived