What do Ole Miss fans think of us?

ausoldiergrad

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And he's our #2 back...

I sort of think of Pettway like I did Ronnie Brown. Yea he's the number 2 back, officially. However, he's probably going to go higher that most Auburn running backs do, in the draft. That's including Kerryon.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I sort of think of Pettway like I did Ronnie Brown. Yea he's the number 2 back, officially. However, he's probably going to go higher that most Auburn running backs do, in the draft. That's including Kerryon.

I'm not sure I'm ready to give him Ronnie status in the NFL quite yet. He's yet to show that he can excel against a good run D. Kerryon has moves that Kam doesn't.  Of course, both have plenty of time to improve.

I just can't think of anything but Marshawn Lynch, when I see Pettway. I think that guy is gonna be a hot commodity in the league. Everyone wants a big guy that has straight speed. 

8 hours ago, trout54 said:

have you ever been surrounded by a bunch of 4 year olds?  THAT IS SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is scary indeed!  I have a 4 year old grandchild that we are taking on a Disney Cruise in a few weeks. I am sure my head will be spinning trying to keep up with her and all the other 4 year old little darlings!  Oh yeah, Halloween is coming to the mountains next week and there will be likely 20 kids banging on our door. My Corgi will scare them to death! She is harmless, but could go round for round with a Tasmanian Devil and win in the end. She is one tough little girl who chased a juvenile Black Bear off of our deck 2 years ago. The bear saw this little 30 pound demon baring her fangs with barks and growls like a Grizzly Bear coming like a flash of lightening towards it. She is the official "War Damn Corgi." She has an Auburn collar that she does not like for me to take it off whatsoever. I wear thick gloves that come up about 12 inches up my arms. If not, my arms would be eat up with bites! This is about the only challenge we have with her!  She sits by my side when we watch every Auburn game on the big old 65" Sony TV.

When Auburn scores or has a big play, she goes nuts running around the room. It is a funny thing to see no doubt, We do not have a smart phone or any cell phone in that we live so far back in the mountains and do not have coverage, otherwise I would post one of her episodes for all to see. We have a plethora of tree huggers here that will not go for a cell tower. I have offered to have one set up behind my home that is has a 15 degree incline that no one could see unless they come behind my home. That went over about like a mega-loud fart erupting loudly  during church.

19 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Now that is scary indeed!  I have a 4 year old grandchild that we are taking on a Disney Cruise in a few weeks. I am sure my head will be spinning trying to keep up with her and all the other 4 year old little darlings!  Oh yeah, Halloween is coming to the mountains next week and there will be likely 20 kids banging on our door. My Corgi will scare them to death! She is harmless, but could go round for round with a Tasmanian Devil and win in the end. She is one tough little girl who chased a juvenile Black Bear off of our deck 2 years ago. The bear saw this little 30 pound demon baring her fangs with barks and growls like a Grizzly Bear coming like a flash of lightening towards it. She is the official "War Damn Corgi." She has an Auburn collar that she does not like for me to take it off whatsoever. I wear thick gloves that come up about 12 inches up my arms. If not, my arms would be eat up with bites! This is about the only challenge we have with her!  She sits by my side when we watch every Auburn game on the big old 65" Sony TV.

When Auburn scores or has a big play, she goes nuts running around the room. It is a funny thing to see no doubt, We do not have a smart phone or any cell phone in that we so far back in the mountains and do not have coverage, otherwise I would post one of her episodes for all to see. We have a plethora of tree huggers here that will not go for a cell tower. I have offered to have one set up behind my home that is has a 15 degree incline that no one could see unless they come behind my home. That went over about like a mega-loud fart erupting loudly  during church.

Glad to hear Her Ladyship is still her (dare I say it?) feisty self.

WDE

12 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Glad to hear Her Ladyship is still her (dare I say it?) feisty self.

WDE

Thanks!  There is an ongoing story with her health. About 5.5 weeks back, she was diagnosed with lymphoma that was not treatable per her oncologist vet. He told us she would only live 2-4 weeks max. She looks and acts like their is absolutely nothing wrong with her. She eats like a St. Bernard. We took her to her regular vet last Friday for a checkup. When we took her to Upstate Animal Clinic where she was diagnosed with late stage lymphoma 5.5 weeks earlier, she was basically given a death sentence.

Her local vet wanted to check her red blood cell count to see if it was at a safe level. Going back 5.5 weeks ago, her oncologist did this test of which her red blood cell count that was 86. This is a very dangerous level that could kill her any day. He got it down to a level of 78 which is still very high and very dangerous. Back to her local vet; the test results came in at 63 of which is very close to normal.

The vet was perplexed with the result. She told us that this was almost impossible and very rarely ever happened. I have a lot of friends that are praying for a miracle for her. If all goes well, we are going to have the same ultrasound tests done with the oncologist to see what is going on with the cancer. I have some hope that she may very well be cancer free or it has regressed to a level that will allow her to live a while longer with us. I cherish each day I have with her. My wife works part time and does all of the errands for us. She is gone a lot, and Annabelle is right by my side as I am writing this post. I love Corgis very much. This breed is so special in my eyes. Annabelle is a service K-9 for me.  I do appreciate all of the prayers for her, and will keep this up.

If this turns out to be a real miracle, I am going to post this everywhere I can. Like the oncologist said; "It will take nothing short of a miracle to heal her."

War Damn Corgi to all!

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Thanks!  There is an ongoing story with her health. About 5.5 weeks back, she was diagnosed with lymphoma that was not treatable per her oncologist vet. He told us she would only live 2-4 weeks max. She looks and acts like their is absolutely nothing wrong with her. She eats like a St. Bernard. We took her to her regular vet last Friday for a checkup. When we took her to Upstate Animal Clinic where she was diagnosed with late stage lymphoma 5.5 weeks earlier, she was basically given a death sentence.

Her local vet wanted to check her red blood cell count to see if it was at a safe level. Going back 5.5 weeks ago, her oncologist did this test of which her red blood cell count that was 86. This is a very dangerous level that could kill her any day. He got it down to a level of 78 which is still very high and very dangerous. Back to her local vet; the test results came in at 63 of which is very close to normal.

The vet was perplexed with the result. She told us that this was almost impossible and very rarely ever happened. I have a lot of friends that are praying for a miracle for her. If all goes well, we are going to have the same ultrasound tests done with the oncologist to see what is going on with the cancer. I have some hope that she may very well be cancer free or it has regressed to a level that will allow her to live a while longer with us. I cherish each day I have with her. My wife works part time and does all of the errands for us. She is gone a lot, and Annabelle is right by my side as I am writing this post. I love Corgis very much. This breed is so special in my eyes. Annabelle is a service K-9 for me.  I do appreciate all of the prayers for her, and will keep this up.

If this turns out to be a real miracle, I am going to post this everywhere I can. Like the oncologist said; "It will take nothing short of a miracle to heal her."

War Damn Corgi to all!

Ouch? Sorry.

Not a doc, even for a day, and couldn't convincingly play one on TV.

Keep us apprised, and War Damn Corgi.

On 10/24/2016 at 7:45 PM, 1913-14 said:

don't overload the wagon and always respect your opponent

For players and coaches I agree 100%

As a fan on a message board, I said we'd beat Arky 63-3.

I think we beat Ole Miss by 35... Thug Kelly will get a few good passes in, between sacks.

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was thinking of Ronnie Brown when Pettway TRUCKED that Arky safety going into the end zone, like when Ronnie did it to that Tennessee safety a few years ago. I also saw some Ronnie in KJ when he TRUCKED a safety, a few games back. Must be something we historical teach!! I see the sales pitch now "Come to Auburn, we will teach you the proper way to get on ESPN top 10, it's called TRUCKING. I will teach you about when you sign on the dotted line and fax it in, but for now, just You Tubr, BEST COLLEGE RUNNING BACKS!"

We sound pretty cocky. The culture in and around Auburn needs to become one of respecting your opponent. We better not take anything lightly or for granted. I hope our guys go out and play their best and execute the plan 100%. We'll need it against a DT QB like Kelly and those receivers and we'll need it against there edge rushers.  

19 hours ago, doc4aday said:

War Damn Corgi to all!

As someone who is currently battling lymphoma hearing about anyone, person or animal, diagnosed with it or any other cancerous disease hits closer to home now than it ever did before. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers doc!

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

As someone who is currently battling lymphoma hearing about anyone, person or animal, diagnosed with it or any other cancerous disease hits closer to home now than it ever did before. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers doc!

The same goes for you my friend. You will be our prayers for sure. How are you being treated? Is it with chemo and radiation? I know prayer is the best medicine for any of us who are battling cancer or any health issues. My pup is one remarkable and resilient little Corgi. She is defying the odds each day. I am somewhat comfortable with miracle taking place in her little body. Are you taking Prednisone? My pup is taking 20 mg. split in half with 10 mgs. in the morning and 10 at bedtime. I so thankful for each day God is giving her. You take care and "War Damn Corgi."

15 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

We sound pretty cocky. The culture in and around Auburn needs to become one of respecting your opponent. We better not take anything lightly or for granted. I hope our guys go out and play their best and execute the plan 100%. We'll need it against a DT QB like Kelly and those receivers and we'll need it against there edge rushers.  

I do agree with you. I think that this team is so hungry for wins each and every week. I would say that this team is 80% determination and 20% confident, of which is an excellent combination for success. I think our team respects each team, but know in their heart that they are going to put a beat down on them.

29 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

The same goes for you my friend. You will be our prayers for sure. How are you being treated? Is it with chemo and radiation? I know prayer is the best medicine for any of us who are battling cancer or any health issues. My pup is one remarkable and resilient little Corgi. She is defying the odds each day. I am somewhat comfortable with miracle taking place in her little body. Are you taking Prednisone? My pup is taking 20 mg. split in half with 10 mgs. in the morning and 10 at bedtime. I so thankful for each day God is giving her. You take care and "War Damn Corgi."

Chemo and then radiation after just to be sure. Yes on prednisone, coming off of it hurt my body more than the actual chemo itself. Currently in the process of getting the last bit of chemo in my system for this session as we speak. This is my 2nd chemo with 6 total.

WDC and WDE Doc!

On 10/26/2016 at 9:26 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just can't think of anything but Marshawn Lynch, when I see Pettway. I think that guy is gonna be a hot commodity in the league. Everyone wants a big guy that has straight speed. 

This is a really far off comparison, lynch was a different back at Cal, even with Buffalo than seattle

Buddy at work is an Ole Miss fan and thinks they're going to get smashed this weekend. We will be working together during the game, and I told him if it's getting out of hand for either team that we just don't even mention it for the rest of the night. 

Archived