***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

and right too :party:

Stats show a block kicked or a "miss." Don't remember any flags being thrown. Doesn't look like it.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, WinningTradition said:

I think SW is good to go. I felt that they kept him out for precaution more than necessity. Pettway is the real worry...

Agreed. I don't think Sean was ever really hurt that bad. Just wanted to hold him out and give jf a chance. 

29 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

You have video evidence. Must be blind

Lmao. Video evidence that someone else has done it has nothing to do with whether it's a penalty. By your logic, I could show you a good 30 plays by Vandys O today to show you that holding is not a penalty. Not quite how it works though, is it?

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Lmao. Video evidence that someone else has done it has nothing to do with whether it's a penalty. By your logic, I could show you a good 30 plays by Vandys O today to show you that holding is not a penalty. Not quite how it works though, is it?

I'm not getting into this anymore. We've seen it before. There are two links posted that show guys leaping to block kicks and ones where they did. Hurdling/leaping, they didn't call it. We won. Laugh. Have a beer. WDE

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Agreed. I don't think Sean was ever really hurt that bad. Just wanted to hold him out and give jf a chance. 

Sean was clearly banged up last week.  Did you not see Rhett asking if his shoulder was ok at the end of the game?  Did you also miss SW running to the locker room (likely for another shot) near the end of the 3rd quarter with a trainer?  Was that all for show?  I'm not buying it. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

I'm not getting into this anymore. We've seen it before. There are two links posted that show guys leaping to block kicks and ones where they did. Hurdling/leaping, they didn't call it. We won. Laugh. Have a beer. WDE

People are going to bItch just to b!tch no matter what. Just got to roll with it. We have a million and 1 conspiracy theories. We just got to play through it, tip your hats off to a good play and move on. If our guy would've done that, there would be no b!tching , and half the people would be posting the link that you showed. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Awesome. Don't get into it anymore.  The rule book has been VERY CLEARLY quoted. Showing someone else getting away with it has nothing to do with whether or not it was supposed to be called. Precedent only applies in a court room. Don't remember seeing any lawyers out there :-\. I'm already having a beer. :beer2:

I missed a lot of this game but managed to see the last 3 minutes or so. Why couldn't a DT qb in JF3 get it done? I saw that he barely passed....I don't understand..if he's this bad at passing that you rarely run pass plays for him put him somewhere else. I don't mean to bash him. Dude is talented..can someone explain what got him pulled for a "banged up" Sean white besides what he didn't do passing the ball?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He is going to have to play, unless he absolutely cannot throw. 

Kind'a mixed emotions on my part.

I'd hate to hurt him worse (as we seem to have done last year).

On the other hand, just planting his feet on the field, even in limited capacity, seems to make a difference.

No lie, guys. The head referee was  reffing my 13 year old's rec league basketball games in Helena 2 years ago. Hand on Bible!!!!

10 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Awesome. Don't get into it anymore.  The rule book has been VERY CLEARLY quoted. Showing someone else getting away with it has nothing to do with whether or not it was supposed to be called. Precedent only applies in a court room. Don't remember seeing any lawyers out there :-\. I'm already having a beer. :beer2:

Whatever man. The guys on the field are not calling it. That's pretty clear. 

:beer2:

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I missed a lot of this game but managed to see the last 3 minutes or so. Why couldn't a DT qb in JF3 get it done? I saw that he barely passed....I don't understand..if he's this bad at passing that you rarely run pass plays for him put him somewhere else. I don't mean to bash him. Dude is talented..can someone explain what got him pulled for a "banged up" Sean white besides what he didn't do passing the ball?

Last 4 weeks, Sean White = Lots of Offense

Jf3 today = no offense.

If it works, it works, so you go to what works as opposed to what doesn't. 

10 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

So the whole world of media people and referees don't know the rule?  Call it whatever you want....if it were a penalty, it would have been called.....this is not some judgment issue like holding...either he jumped over or he didn't .....not question there.  So everyone saw that he jumped the line without touching or landing on anyone.....and NOBODY called it a penalty....:dunno:

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

We had some drives going but guys made some mistakes. JF fumbled on one drive. When we were in third and long, it was clear that we couldn't call a decent play with him. Vandy milked the clock in there first half and didn't give us much opportunity. Maybe going deep would have been better but we missed Sean White on the short throws. I'm sure Gus used the, "we needed a spark" quote. Our Defense was poor. Didn't help us out at all. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So the whole world of media people and referees don't know the rule?  Call it whatever you want....if it were a penalty, it would have been called.....this is not some judgment issue like holding...either he jumped over or he didn't .....not question there.  So everyone saw that he jumped the line without touching or landing on anyone.....and NOBODY called it a penalty....:dunno:

Leverage, Leaping and Landing ARTICLE 11. a. No defensive player, in an attempt to gain an advantage, may step, jump or stand on an opponent. b. No defensive player who runs forward from beyond the neutral zone and leaps from beyond the neutral zone in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or try may land on any player(s). 1. It is not a foul if the player was aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped. 2. It is not a foul if the player leaps from in or behind the neutral zone. 3. It is not a foul if an offensive player initiates contact against the player who leaps. c. No defensive player who is inside the tackle box may try to block a punt by leaving his feet in an attempt to leap directly over an opponent. 1. It is not a foul if the player tries to block the punt by jumping straight up without attempting to leap over the opponent. 2. It is not a foul if a player attempts to leap through or over the gap between players. d. No defensive player, in an attempt to block, bat or catch a kick, may: 1. Step, jump or stand on a teammate. 2. Place a hand(s) on a teammate to get leverage for additional height. 3. Be picked up by a teammate, or be elevated, propelled or pushed

http://ruletool.info/headline/rule-9-conduct-of-players-and-others/ 

http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf

To me,it looked like he leaped WITHIN the neutral zone.

This is under rule 9. Page 95 BTW for the second link

For the first link, it is under 9-1-11-b.

DAG....initially looked to me like he was off sides but even the AU coaches were relatively calm about the whole thing.....at least Gus did not get a 15 yard un-sportsmanship penalty over that call and some of the other questionable items.    CWM would never have let the refs get away with that kind of stuff...:)

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Sorry man. They didn't call it..

If he had touched anyone, caused anyone to fall backwards maybe they get called. it was clean and a heck of a play. 

You do realize that you are arguing with an actual football ref, right?

1 hour ago, 33gles said:

Anyone want to start a fund to cover the fines so Gus can blast these officials and explain what HOLDING is? Something NEEDS to be said, and nothing but a big stink will get anyone's attention.

Why don't we just pay Jimbo Fisher to do it for us?

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

DAG....initially looked to me like he was off sides but even the AU coaches were relatively calm about the whole thing.....at least Gus did not get a 15 yard un-sportsmanship penalty over that call and some of the other questionable items.    CWM would never have let the refs get away with that kind of stuff...:)

Yeah I thought he was offsides too? I don't know what happened.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

They did not call it. Its happened in other games, where guys have done it. Refs on the field are not calling hurdling. That's pretty clear. Heck of a play. 

15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Might be so, but in this he is wrong. The rules are clear. See my link. Maybe, I am interpreting this all wrong.

You can leap through a gap not over players,  it could have helped Vandy tie the game , so that's why it needs to be addressed. These refs were absolutely horrible and the announcer were so biased against Auburn it was like listening to the Vandy football network. 

Oh well on to the mutts.

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  It's ILLEGAL to hurdle in college football unless you have the ball.

SECTION 15. Hurdling
ARTICLE 1. a. Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump with one or
both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is still on his feet
(Rule
9-1-13).
b. “On his feet’’ means that no part of the opponent’s body other than one
or both feet is in contact with the ground.

Hurdling
ARTICLE 13. There shall be no hurdling (Exception: The ball carrier may
hurdle an opponent).

I gotta go back and look?

Seemed timed awfully well (at least in real time and tv replays).

If OL had come out of their hands-on-the-ground stance, wasn't by much.

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

They did not call it. Its happened in other games, where guys have done it. Refs on the field are not calling hurdling. That's pretty clear. Heck of a play. 

You never seeing it called before trumps the word of a guy who's job it is to know the rules and who presents you with the text of the rule... got it.

Archived