***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

This is my last response to you and about this. The rule book clearly says you can leap to block a field goal. Their definition of hurdling is one or two feet on the ground AND that is it! No other body part can be on the ground. In the case of an FG, You can leap over the line to block the kick under certain parameters, hence why it is under the header leaping. For that one specific instance, you can do it.  It is not a foul. If you don't agree that's fine. 

It's under Leverage, leeping and landing.... and its not talking about a FG attempt, its talking about a punt and its illegal.

c. No defensive player who is inside the tackle box may try to block a punt
by leaving his feet in an attempt to leap directly over an opponent.

1. It is not a foul if the player tries to block the punt by jumping
straight up without attempting to leap over the opponent.
2. It is not a foul if a player attempts to leap through or over the gap
between players. 
He went over the center so he didn't leap through a gap either. 

PENALTY [a-d]—15 yards, previous spot and automatic first down.
[S38]

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This is my last response to you and about this. The rule book clearly says you can leap to block a field goal. Their definition of hurdling is one or two feet on the ground AND that is it! No other body part can be on the ground. In the case of an FG, You can leap over the line to block the kick under certain parameters, hence why it is under the header leaping. For that one specific instance, you can do it.  It is not a foul. If you don't agree that's fine. 

He didn't leap.  He hurdled.  :dunno:    :ucrazy::Sing:

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Now the offsides I believe. Pretty sure if he touches that center the flag comes out though. 

Are you really this dence, or do you simply not know how to read and comprehend?

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Are you really this dence, or do you simply not know how to read and comprehend?

Are you really a freaking idiot? Are you really just a poor winner? We were all done with with this numbskull but no you want to stand around the water coolers and tell your mouth breather friends that you started a fight on the internet and you think you "won". Let me put it this way... they did not call it and still won't next week. Teams still will try it and even though he didn't call it hurdling, the refs don't see it as hurdling. On espn and elsewhere the player is quoted saying he was told to jump over everyone and not touch anyone, why? because they know they could get that and not get called for a flag. At the end of the day, other teams will keep doing it and you will still be crying over some dumb rule. 

we won dude. freaking pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Are you really a freaking idiot? Are you really just a poor winner? We were all done with with this numbskull but no you want to stand around the water coolers and tell your mouth breather friends that you started a fight on the internet and you think you "won". Let me put it this way... they did not call it and still won't next week. Teams still will try it and even though he didn't call it hurdling, the refs don't see it as hurdling. On espn and elsewhere the player is quoted saying he was told to jump over everyone and not touch anyone, why? because they know they could get that and not get called for a flag. At the end of the day, other teams will keep doing it and you will still be crying over some dumb rule. 

we won dude. freaking pathetic. 

So it is dence then, you just confirmed it.

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So it is dence then, you just confirmed it.

You confirmed it.. you are a numbskull. And you can't freaking SPELL. 

wow, dumber than a bag of hammers.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Coaches should've been thinking about this, no?

Hmm

Maybe we should have a thread about that.

13 minutes ago, Richard78 said:

We may have jumped the shark on the hurdling play discussion.

Better than hurdling the shark in a jump discussion?

So did we win?? after reading the last few post I would have thought we lost.

Anyway so AU looked right past vandy today. totally sluggish and uninterested .  everyone looked like they had jelly legs. give vandy credit they came to play, but AU did as little as it could to win. War Eagle guys and great job today .  clean up the mistakes .  they will get you beat at GA

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

It's under Leverage, leeping and landing.... and its not talking about a FG attempt, its talking about a punt and its illegal.

c. No defensive player who is inside the tackle box may try to block a punt
by leaving his feet in an attempt to leap directly over an opponent.

1. It is not a foul if the player tries to block the punt by jumping
straight up without attempting to leap over the opponent.
2. It is not a foul if a player attempts to leap through or over the gap
between players. 
He went over the center so he didn't leap through a gap either. 

PENALTY [a-d]—15 yards, previous spot and automatic first down.
[S38]

Read that again , this portion of article 11 is clearly talking about PUNTS. You are a smart guy. You know that there is more to leaping, as I am assuming you read all of article 11. Now under that same  section  you conveniently over looked part B...why?Can you quote the whole article 11 section addressing leaping?

No to Jeremy Johnson and no to JF3 . Those guys have had chances to prove they could be viable options for back up and for some reason they cant capitalize on the opportunity 

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

No to Jeremy Johnson and no to JF3 . Those guys have had chances to prove they could be viable options for back up and for some reason they cant capitalize on the opportunity 

Hard to disagree with that ...but who would or should be next in line?   With all the QBs we have entertained and signed in recent years, it's hard to believe we are in such bad shape at that position.....but we are. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hard to disagree with that ...but who would or should be next in line?   With all the QBs we have entertained and signed in recent years, it's hard to believe we are in such bad shape at that position.....but we are. 

Flame me all you want but if it is an emergency situation the kid WB should lose the shirt.  You absokutely cannot win games with the jf3 game plan

We need to get better. We need to get healthy. Let's no forget to beat Georgia. I really hate bammer and want to crush em I'm tired of em and all of college football is. Let's be the one to end their crap!!!!!! If we don't it'll be Michigan 

21 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Uk just lost on a fieldgoal. got caked for the 15 yarder for leaping

Depends on what happened....let's look at the video tomorrow.  Otherwise, I recall LSU getting called for that against AU a number of years ago.  The key issue seems to involve whether the "leaper" makes contact with anyone in the process. 

A defender running to the line of scrimmage and jumping over the center is illegal.  It is called Hurdling.  He does not have to touch anybody.  It is a penalty.  Leaping is covered by a different rule.  

19 minutes ago, around4ever said:

A defender running to the line of scrimmage and jumping over the center is illegal.  It is called Hurdling.  He does not have to touch anybody.  It is a penalty.  Leaping is covered by a different rule.  

I finally just put it all together. It was defined as hurdling the center because his hands were on the ball. Therefore, he is "on his feet" since no other part of him is touching the ground, meaning he is protected by the hurdling rule. That's why the biased announcer kept trying to make a big deal and say he hurdled the gap and not the center (false.) Not to mention the rule says he has to be stationary within 1 yard of the LOS and I'm not sure he was. After all this debating my mind is made up that it should have been a flag according to college football rules.

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Has to be in a gap or other player 

Archived