***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

OK....moving right along.  At least all of us agree that the refs were about as bad as any we've had in a while.   I'm wondering if the game is getting too fast for them or what?  

There is a lot going on along the line of scrimmage for example and I imagine that most coaches teach offensive linemen how to "hold" and not get caught thus it seems to me that most of the holding calls are made on guys on the edges.....the WRs or pulling guards who are out in the open and easy to spot. :-\

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

They did not break a rule! In the case of an obvious attempt to block an FG, you can leap over a crouched lineman, as long as you are within the neutral zone and do not land on any player. Therefore, it is not hurdling. 

There is no ALLOWANCE  for that in the rule book. It does not say that is ALLOWED. There is a rule however, not allowing hurdling though. Hurdling is also defined in the rule book too. And he meets that definition too. 

What im asking you, are you saying that you are allowed to hurdle? Maybe the rule book should be changed.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

They did not break a rule! In the case of an obvious attempt to block an FG, you can leap over a crouched lineman, as long as you are within the neutral zone and do not land on any player. Therefore, it is not hurdling. 

Also, he was not IN or BEHIND the neutral zone....he was BEYOND it. Not that that even matters anyway b.c. That is not the rule that was broken.

1 minute ago, dmbseeker00 said:

There is no ALLOWANCE  for that in the rule book. It does not say that is ALLOWED. There is a rule however, not allowing hurdling though. Hurdling is also defined in the rule book too. And he meets that definition too. 

What im asking you, are you saying that you are allowed to hurdle? Maybe the rule book should be changed.

This is my last response to you and about this. The rule book clearly says you can leap to block a field goal. Their definition of hurdling is one or two feet on the ground AND that is it! No other body part can be on the ground. In the case of an FG, You can leap over the line to block the kick under certain parameters, hence why it is under the header leaping. For that one specific instance, you can do it.  It is not a foul. If you don't agree that's fine. 

1 minute ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Also, he was not IN or BEHIND the neutral zone....he was BEYOND it

Haha okay guy. See , what you want. I am done.

7 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

You have a point, if the announcers were correct...he hurdled directly over the head of the center. He practically went as over the middle of the center as you could.

Ah

That helps

Many Thanks

9 pages arguing a play call that in the end meant nothing. Brilliant!

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

This is what happens when you barely escape the mighty Vandy commodores. Most exciting part of the game besides KP.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

When I started posting,I knew that it would happen. Just couldn't help myself.  Fans just get riled over the dumbest issues. Never mind our offense stumbled without Sean, never mind our defense took a dump on the field against a Vandy offense. They all stepped up in the second half and we escaped with a win. We have two SEC games to win and I'm hoping this lights a fire with the guys. We can't go the other direction. Who would have thought we would be in this position after the start we had. 

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Good win!! Good preview of what Auburn's offense might look like against Alabama. Struggling in the red zone was not a comforting sign.

Let's not even think about Alabama right now haha yikes.

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Enough with the debate about the blocked field goal!

How about wondering where we can get a decent backup QB for the rest of the season?

Coaches should've been thinking about this, no?

25 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Put Jeremy back at back up??? :dunno:

I said this very same thing while watching the game. I haven´t given up on him completely, but I was very disappointed in JF3 after being excited to see him get the start. This was his moment to shine and he made some crucial mistakes and we just couldn´t really get any offensive rhythm with him in there. I know a lot of folks have written off JJ completely but I think with him in there opponents at least have to respect the pass, which opens the run. We have won some big games with JJ at QB, like Arkansas in 2014 and Louisville in 2015.

Just now, Dan-0 said:

I said this very same thing while watching the game. I haven´t given up on him completely, but I was very disappointed in JF3 after being excited to see him get the start. This was his moment to shine and he made some crucial mistakes and we just couldn´t really get any offensive rhythm in there. I know a lot of folks have written off JJ completely but I think with him in there opponents at least have to respect the pass, which opens the run. We have won some big games with JJ at QB, like Arkansas in 2014 and Louisville in 2015.

Would like to see Jeremy do well too, but not sure how many reps he has been getting practice.  Putting him in the game may not have been an option (or the very last option), due to this very reason.

5 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Would like to see Jeremy do well too, but not sure how many reps he has been getting practice.  Putting him in the game may not have been an option (or the very last option), due to this very reason.

I don´t know if JJ is ready to play either or if he is getting reps in practice. But, at this point, I think it´s safe to say we don´t have a dependable backup QB if SW goes down. JF3 has a long way to go to be to that backup.

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Coaches should've been thinking about this, no?

I am sure they have....unfortunately the guys they have particularly JFIII ain't ready.  Vandy is good not great they were a very well coached team, with a week off. I hope too many posters around here don't get too low after this win. It's just one of those ugly SEC wins that happen to every contender every year.

Archived