Auburn vs. uat - game thread

WarTiger

7 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Honestly not sure what the coaches can do. At QB, White is too hurt to play, JJ processes plays slowly which will kill us against this particular defense, and I guess that JF3 is too inconsistent? I honestly don't know about him? At RB we have no one fully healthy and we lack a "game breaker" even when healthy. What do you dial up? 

Go long 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No with my plan the screen should happen at the worst 3rd and 8 if lucky 3rd and 2

I would hope but JJ is too slow getting the ball off....can't imagine him taking the time for a long pass without getting sacked on a drop back....

1 minute ago, AubieAH3 said:

Here's a crazy plan - put JF3 in as QB and LEAVE him in the game. Actually let him throw a few passes. Nothing crazy, just enough to show the Bama d we are actually willing to let him throw. Play our freshman receivers. Put the best athletes on the field and see what happens. I guarantee you, if they did this and we lost most of the fan base would be okay with it because at least we would be giving them our best shot. I could defend the clown show we are running on offense. What's the saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?!?!?

Feels like they are coaching not to lose...not only do they not trust Franklin to throw, they can't trust him to hold on to the football.  

Our offense has been stopped cold...dead cold. JJ is taking to long to get rid of the ball and staring down receivers. It looks like Rhett and Gus learned nothing from rotating so many people in to play QB. It doesn't work at all. Sooner or later, they are gonna have to figure out how to get the ball moving. The offense was held to under 50 yards in the first half.....50. Hopefully in this second half, they've figured something out. I can't complain to much about defense. Theyre the only reason we are still in it.

Just now, AU64 said:

I would hope but JJ is too slow getting the ball off....can't imagine him taking the time for a long pass without getting sacked on a drop back....

The second down was a run option. And THIS particular game jj hasn't done anything wrong. Sw would be doing the same thing. No protection, bad play calling and dropped passes. And constant 3rd and long....not to mention the shuffling which besides injury is the only thing that has neutralized Sean this year

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Go long 

The thing is, Johnson has looked sharp so far. You got nothing to lose by letting him throw a few deep. The only guarantee is that Auburn will lose 100 percent if they keep running on 1st and 2nd down and throw little dump off passes on 3rd. JF would probably open up the game quite a bit if the defense thought he might actually throw a ball. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

We are one COMPETENT QB away from winning this one.

How do we know we don't have a competent QB. None of ours have been given a chance to prove whether they are or aren't all season.

20 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Time for some halftime O adjustments! 

Do we have a guest speaker??

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

We are one COMPETENT QB away from winning this one.

Competent play calling and game planning would help too! 

They are going to lean heavily on the run game and try to beat us with play action. Saban is worried that a freshman qb could lose the game. 

Archived