Auburn vs. uat - game thread

WarTiger

2 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

They've got a horseshoe up their ass. 

For almost 10 years now. At some point you would think they would have to pass that thing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Lashlee won't do any better.

So what would you do in his place ?   Don't complain...give us a plan....

Can we just punt on first downs and hope our defense scores? We've been closer to scoring a TD when Bama has the ball than when we have it

1 minute ago, AubieAH3 said:

I have been an AU fan all my life. Always been an optimist. This offense this season has drained that from me. It's inexcusable. I feel just like I did during the Clemson, A&M game and Georgia game. With a game this close, I am usually excited and feel like we can and WILL win, but with the offensive coaching debacle this season our players are not being given a chance to succeed. Nobody could win a ball game this way. Unless something changes, this game will go down just like the Clemson and Georgia games. Don't @ me about "giving up on this team." I haven't given up on the team, I think they are amazing. I have given up on competent coaching.

Yep. And, stuck with it for a while.

First down throw deep second down run option 3rd throw a screen. Do that 3 or 4 times them swap the screen for a deep pass. Now the o line will actually have to block long enough for a down field pass and the wr will actually have to catch the pass....But that's how you win with our pitiful offense

Like the pieces are in place I CAN SEE gus being a good coach hes got some of the things right but Good GOD he is so awful at coming up with game plans STAY THE HECK OUT OF THE OC way LIKE YOU DO WITH THE DEFENSE AND DC and let them do it and their job that you hired them for! your clearly good at getting effort out of kids and motivating them recruiting and being a CEO just be a head coach! not a oc! because you clearly are not any good at it anymore

6 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Someone explain to me how Alabama is recovering all of their fumbles effortlessly lol

There's a retractable string on their balls. Only logical reason. 

1 minute ago, AubieAH3 said:

I have been an AU fan all my life. Always been an optimist. This offense this season has drained that from me. It's inexcusable. I feel just like I did during the Clemson, A&M game and Georgia game. With a game this close, I am usually excited and feel like we can and WILL win, but with the offensive coaching debacle this season our players are not being given a chance to succeed. Nobody could win a ball game this way. Unless something changes, this game will go down just like the Clemson and Georgia games. Don't @ me about "giving up on this team." I haven't given up on the team, I think they are amazing. I have given up on competent coaching.

Consistent 3 and outs is on the offensive coaching staff... When you only have one 1st down in the half, that's not just the fault of the boys on the field.

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

May as well if he's on a pitch count it's not like we are going to throw it more then 12 times.. he can handle that

yes if he can throw it at all... plus I think Pettway is basically a decoy  unles they are planning on turning him loose in the second half..

2 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

For almost 10 years now. At some point you would think they would have to pass that thing.

We borrowed it in '13

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

First down throw deep second down run option 3rd throw a screen. Do that 3 or 4 times them swap the screen for a deep pass. Now the o line will actually have to block long enough for a down field pass and the wr will actually have to catch the pass....But that's how you win with our pitiful offense

Screen on 2nd and 17.....?   IMO that's what we would be seeing....but seems with some better blocking on the edges those quick passes could ring up a few positive yards. 

On the bright side, there isn't a single adjustment Alabama can make on defense. They likely just handed us the worst offensive half in the history of the iron bowl, so we don't have to worry about a second half seizure like the UGA game :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well.... we're  still in it And Verne is retiring  Things could be a lot worse. 

out of likes but ^^^ this.

My grandfather was telling me a story about previous Auburn quarterbacks. He told me they did something called passing the ball. Seems like a strange concept but maybe we should let quarterbacks do that again.

Just now, AUGoo said:

We borrowed it in '13

their luck is more subtle than ours and happened in the flow of the game. was BIG FLASHY plays at the end of the game. I call it saban luck. hes had a lot of stuff go his way in his time at bama. like as soon as they lose in the bcs era the teams that they needed to lose immediately lost the next week just falling over themselves to see who can lose fast enough for nick. They have a ton of luck no one ever mentions it though.

Just now, AU64 said:

Screen on 2nd and 17.....?   IMO that's what we would be seeing....but seems with some better blocking on the edges those quick passes could ring up a few positive yards. 

No with my plan the screen should happen at the worst 3rd and 8 if lucky 3rd and 2

10 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Someone explain to me how Alabama is recovering all of their fumbles effortlessly lol

8 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

They've got a horseshoe up their ass. 

Can some one go pull it out and stick it up Gus's!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

So what would you do in his place ?   Don't complain...give us a plan....

Here's a crazy plan - put JF3 in as QB and LEAVE him in the game. Actually let him throw a few passes. Nothing crazy, just enough to show the Bama d we are actually willing to let him throw. Play our freshman receivers. Put the best athletes on the field and see what happens. I guarantee you, if they did this and we lost most of the fan base would be okay with it because at least we would be giving them our best shot. I could defend the clown show we are running on offense. What's the saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?!?!?

Archived