BAD RESTAURANT EXPERIENCES

Auburn85

I ordered a medium-rare prime rib at O'Charley's over in Opelika and it came out 15 minutes past well-done. I mean it was like your aunt's driest roast beef you ever ate. It literally sucked the water out of your mouth!

Another time I got a medium-rare prime rib at Outback Steakhouse in Opelika and spent the next two days glues to my toilet.

I've never eaten at either place ever since.

Olive Garden in Huntsville.

There were food chunks floating in my water glass. The silverware was filthy. The salad leaves were brown. The pasta was just so so. The candle on the table burned down all the way and proceeded to smoke to high heaven. The staff did nothing. I have never been nor would I ever go back.

My mom got a to go order at taco bell once...and in the bag was a couple of small roaches. She took it to the manager, and he was like "oh no thats terrible! let me get you another bag"

WHAT?!?! another bag?

Not what you are looking for but.

When my children were small one Friday night we had stopped at Krystal. It was around 6:00pm and the place was packed. My wife took the kids to a booth and I went to order. Just as I got the order I heard a uuuggggbluggggg,,,, My 5 year old had thrown up on the table.

People's eyes were bugging out, Mothers were covering up kids eyes, but one was too late, her kid saw it and threw up in the floor and a boy who looked to be around 12 yelled coool, everyone is throwing up!

I grabbed our oldest and youngest, told my wife to clean up and I headed to the car with two kids and the food.

I haven't really wanted Krystal since.

One Saturday night a few years back I got cajoled by another couple and my wife into going to the Big Bull seafood buffet in Pell City. I had been out of work a few days with some kind of virus but thought I'd be OK. Well the place was pretty well known and there was quite a crowd waiting to get in. After about a thirty minute wait, during which I started feeling "funny", we finally were able to get a table. After filling my plate with all kind of greasy fried goodies, we sat down and I took my first bite out of my food and felt the overwhelming impulse to release said food(and everything else I'd eaten that day) from captivity.

I'd eaten there before and knew the front door was closer than the bathroom so I made a beeline for it and released the aforementioned vomit just as I got to the great outdoors. Needless to say, the line waiting to get in thinned out dramatically. I've never been back.

I got a free meal at COuntry's BBQ in Auburn once because I got all the way to the bottom of my salad and found a large LIVE bug swimming in the Thousand Island. :blink: Never went back.

Opened a box of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes a couple of years ago and there was a WORM, yes a WORM, in my cereal. I had almost finished the entire bowl before I found it too! It came out of the cereal box, and I haven't really eaten Frosted Flakes since...

You guys are going to give me nightmares...but I don't feel sorry for the people that eat at Taco Hell and O'Charley's. You should know better. :hmm:

The O' CHARLEY'S in Prattville is very good. We've only had one bad incident over the last couple of years, but it wasn't the food it was the waitress.

Even though we were seated first she went and took the order of other people who were seated 5-10 minutes after us. Then, one time when my father didn't answer her question fast enough, she leaned over and said in a smart a** tone.

SIR ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME, DID YOU HEAR ME. As if he was deaf or something. We ended up getting a big discount after we talked to the manager, plus left no tip.

Haven't seen her there since. GEE, I WONDER WHY :moon:

Haven't had any bad experiences at the O'Charley's in Foley, either...Taco Bell, well, all I have to say is "caveat emptor."

The worst experience I've had in a restaurant is with waitstaff, not the food itself...there was a Greek restaurant in Birmingham that had the most obnoxious waitress I've ever encountered...she wouldn't shut up about anything, especially the weather...completely put me off of my steak. She got crap for a tip.

Haven't had any bad experiences at the O'Charley's in Foley, either...Taco Bell, well, all I have to say is "caveat emptor."

143444[/snapback]

Don't eat at the Applebees there!!!! :puke::puke::puke:

One Saturday night a few years back I got cajoled by another couple and my wife into going to the Big Bull seafood buffet in Pell City. I had been out of work a few days with some kind of virus but thought I'd be OK. Well the place was pretty well known and there was quite a crowd waiting to get in. After about a thirty minute wait, during which I started feeling "funny", we finally were able to get a table. After filling my plate with all kind of greasy fried goodies, we sat down and I took my first bite out of my food and felt the overwhelming impulse to release said food(and everything else I'd eaten that day) from captivity.

I'd eaten there before and knew the front door was closer than the bathroom so I made a beeline for it and released the aforementioned vomit just as I got to the great outdoors. Needless to say, the line waiting to get in thinned out dramatically. I've never been back.

143270[/snapback]

What a small world. I almost shared a big bull story when I first read this thread. I have a friend that lives in pell city and around 10-12 years ago we ate there on a sunday on the 4th of july weekend because everything else was packed. I am still having trouble believing that were actually selling the food that was there. They had 3 different kinds of cornbread and all 3 tasted like the buttermilk used for it had been very rotten. The salad bar may have been fresh in another lifetime, everything was wilted and discolored. The only thing that I and several others could eat was 1 piece of fried chicken and a little dessert. They were doing a country buffet when we went there. I passed it not too long ago on the way back to my friends house and it was a steak house.

Streyeder, no worries...

I guess the worst experience with food was at a Ryan's, but when you go to a buffet that gets pawed over constantly, you kinda get what you deserve. What made it extra bad was that the A/C was being worked on and flies were all over the place.

Streyeder, no worries...

I guess the worst experience with food was at a Ryan's, but when you go to a buffet that gets pawed over constantly, you kinda get what you deserve.  What made it extra bad was that the A/C was being worked on and flies were all over the place.

143530[/snapback]

Yea, right now my parents are waiting for them to get CiCi's fixed. At least there's always the 'Shroom.

I got a free meal at COuntry's BBQ in Auburn once because I got all the way to the bottom of my salad and found a large LIVE bug swimming in the Thousand Island.  :blink:   Never went back.

143304[/snapback]

Well Jenny, in your first 7 words I see where u went wrong!

How could u eat at Country's when the BBQ House is in Auburn!!! Ms. Price makes one great chipped pork sandwich!

I definately wouldn't eat at any other BBQ restaurant here!

It's a given for me, but how many of you check your order before you leave the parking lot or the drive thru?

144354[/snapback]

Every single time!

Hardees STILL cannot get a chicken sandwhich right. I always order w/o cheese. It comes 95% of the time with cheese and mayo. Wtf? Even their headquarters confirmed that mayo is not a part of the sandwhich. So, I've started ordering w/o mayo as well. I'm usually told that mayo doesn't come on it, but low and behold...it magically appears anyway!

One good thing, if you complain to fast food places, most will give you a free meal. You can complain directly at hardee's website and they mail you a few free burger coupons. I also know some, if not all, Burger Kings have the store's smail address on the reciept. I got a prompt response (and free meal) from the one in Gulf Shores.

This last summer I was back home in Florida and there's a place call Crisper's. Right at lunch time, when everyone shows up, the health department came in to do a suprise check. They found the kitchen full of roaches and all different kinds of bugs. Right in the middle of lunch, the health department made everyone leave. The place opened again a few days later, but I'm never going there again.

In my line of work we deal with the FDA. We run a very clean ship because we work hard at it. You don't wan't to know the things we hear about other places from the FDA guy. Makes you wanna grow your own food.

Same thing with restaraunts. I love restaraunts with open or semi open kitchens. I have just heard too many first hand stories from people and inspectors about the filth that goes on in MOST restaraunt kitchens. I know one health inspector who just about refuses to eat out anywhere.

Archived