SEC in Bowls

looney

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WDE, is there any chance you can purge that hideous Jay Jacobs pic you've been sportin since you got rid of Gus break dancing?

It's unnerving to look at JJ's Cheshire cat grinning mug everyday. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2016 at 10:37 AM, WarDlowe said:

I have wondered for a long time when it became the politically correct thing to say you pull for the SEC when talking to a fan of another school and I think it's funny to see a few here talking about how they don't care if the SEC wins (which I think is probably the opinion of most fans).  I generally do pull for the conference as a whole because it does help AU in terms of the quality of opponents, but my priorities are being an Auburn fan, not an SEC fan.  There is one school in particular I will NEVER cheer for, regardless of the implications. It gets so old hearing, "Well I pull for Auburn when they're not playing Alabama..." We don't need or want you to pull for us.  Thanks and WDE.  

That is what political correctness has accomplished. My goal is to be as politically INcorrect as possible. Since November....it is much easier. ?

I do believe that there will be a host of bammers crying after one of the 3  opponents knocks them out of the picture. It will be much like a massive funeral all over Alabama except for a lot of happy Auburn fans!

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I do believe that there will be a host of bammers crying after one of the 3  opponents knocks them out of the picture. It will be much like a massive funeral all over Alabama except for a lot of happy Auburn fans!

I'm not sure about that Doc. Washington may be the best team the play. Ohio st s offense is terrible and don't see them moving the ball. Clemson is so over rated, no way they win. This is the best defense that uat has had. Their offense is weak but their defense is so good they can afford mistakes. It may be another long off season. 

^This isn't gonna be like last year when it looked like our program is collapsing. We have a DT QB again (who's been proven to be pretty decent--more than just one good quarter against Arkansas), a solid backup, a star RB tandem, possibly the best kicker in the nation, and a lot of other things going for us in 2017.

I don't want to see another UAT NC either but it'd be fun to deny them another three-peat next 11/25. 2013 was compared to 1989, so hopefully 2017=1993. :)

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I don't pull for sec just because. I have found myself pulling for texanm now for some reason. 

Because they're still an outsider I presume. 

The only other SEC team I'll actively pull for is Vandy. 

At least this was predictable.  Tamu is stellar until two or three weeks after Auburn then they are just awful.  It is apparently a Sumlin thing 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because they're still an outsider I presume. 

The only other SEC team I'll actively pull for is Vandy. 

Why Vandy? They're not exactly our lovable losers when our series is tied.

i will watch and enjoy most bowl games but i dont give a crap what the SEC or even Bammer does in their bowl games as far as win/loss.. all i'm concerned about is the Sugar Bowl and even if the bammers win it all i could care less. I'll be getting ready for the 2017 Auburn season.

33 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

I was definitely pulling for K-State. There's just something about Coach Snyder and the type of play he demands. 

Their offense looks like when Cam was here. Power run with the QB. 

I can't pull for A&M after living inn Texas. Their fans are kind of weird, their campus stinks, and they are in the west. I'm hoping they stink it up next year. I do hope SEC wins out, with exception of #1.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Arkansas will get hammered tonight.  Can't stand big belly Bert.

Likely.....and I expect bama is the only SEC team that is favored.....all of which makes me wonder why bama is thought to be unbeatable based on their record in the SEC where several p***-poor teams gave them a hard time.  

It all might work out that way of course but there seems to be some conflict between the fact that bama is held is such high regard because it won the SEC.....and yet the SEC teams on bama's record were nothing too special.

JMO but bama was fortunate not to have OSU for it's first game.....

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Likely.....and I expect bama is the only SEC team that is favored.....all of which makes me wonder why bama is thought to be unbeatable based on their record in the SEC where several p***-poor teams gave them a hard time.  

It all might work out that way of course but there seems to be some conflict between the fact that bama is held is such high regard because it won the SEC.....and yet the SEC teams on bama's record were nothing too special.

JMO but bama was fortunate not to have OSU for it's first game.....

Bama is beatable, but the opponent better bring their A game and stay focused and aggressive till the very end.  They are tops in the trenches and that's where they love to wear down the opponent and then impose their will in the 2nd half of games.  Washington is a well coached team with a great offense, but they haven't meet a demon defense like they are about to encounter.

Washington has a much better offense than OSU, IMO.  

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Bama is beatable, but the opponent better bring their A game and stay focused and aggressive till the very end.  They are tops in the trenches and that's where they love to wear down the opponent and then impose their will in the 2nd half of games.  Washington is a well coached team with a great offense, but they haven't meet a demon defense like they are about to encounter.

Washington has a much better offense than OSU, IMO.  

Agree on Wash in general but not sure their OL can handle the bama D......especially the LBs......thinking that Browning will take a major beating. 

Sumlin better thank his mighty stars the previous administration gave him a ridiculous contract, otherwise, he would be done. There is no way they should be underachieving this bad, especially since they are considered the premier school in the state of Texas, while many of the others are down, specifically UT.

South Florida is making the Gamecocks look plain silly.  They have no answer for S Fla's QB.  He is running all over them.

Archived