SEC in Bowls

looney

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some players announced they would not play in the bowl game....lots of other guys seem to be taking the day off with no warning....USCe looking awful....but then again, bowl games are not important to SEC teams

I guess it's blasphemy down here, but I've felt the SEC's been a bit overrated for a few years now.  BSPN's been propping up the cash-cow (uat) to keep them in the top 4 regardless of whether they deserve it or not.  Once they stop and shift their focus back to where they'd RATHER put it, which is the Big/PAC conferences.....It's chicken or egg (take your pick) but when Saban's done, BSPN will be done with the SEC and focused on tOSU, Mich, ND, USCw, etc....the more "glamorous TV" programs...

The Pigs blew a 24-0 lead and lost! SEC 0-2 on the day, so all is good. I'd like to see Kentucky beat Ga. Tech and of course Auburn win and the rest of them lose.

On 12/28/2016 at 11:11 AM, WarDlowe said:

It's for this reason I hate the Cam to Kelvin Benjamin combo with the Panthers.  

Yassss. EVERY TIME I see Kelvin Benjamin, I say, "There goes Queen Latifah...."  I love me some Queen Latifah. I didn't love Benjamin's trash talk surrounding the NC. 

For those of you who delight in all the other SEC teams losing in bowl games, here's my opinion.

If the SEC is perceived as a weak conference, the strength of schedule of Auburn (and its opponents) is affected. If Auburn goes into next season and our SEC opponents like Ole Miss, Arkansas, UGA, TA&M all lost their bowl games against mediocre opponents, beating those teams will not impress anyone, but losing to any of them will count a lot -- against us.

So far, the SEC has looked like total dooo-doooo. Nobody, even in the SEC, has a case for claiming that Auburn plays one of the toughest schedules in the country, in the toughest division of the toughest conference.

Just my opinion.

Oh No! The UGA vs TCU bowl game has that woman commentator. Blech! The choice now is to mute the sound and go with closed captioning, or just not watch it. I'm inclined to just skip it.

9 hours ago, AURex said:

For those of you who delight in all the other SEC teams losing in bowl games, here's my opinion.

If the SEC is perceived as a weak conference, the strength of schedule of Auburn (and its opponents) is affected. If Auburn goes into next season and our SEC opponents like Ole Miss, Arkansas, UGA, TA&M all lost their bowl games against mediocre opponents, beating those teams will not impress anyone, but losing to any of them will count a lot -- against us.   I disagree.  Any team in the SEC wins all their games, they will be in the playoff. PERIOD. This year is a prime example. The SEC isn't nearly as strong, yet uat won every game and are in the playoff and many even said they could have lost a game late and still made it.

So far, the SEC has looked like total dooo-doooo. Nobody, even in the SEC, has a case for claiming that Auburn plays one of the toughest schedules in the country, in the toughest division of the toughest conference.   Who cares what others think.  Win games you are in regardless of conference strength.

Just my opinion.

I'm delighted at the losses by sec teams so far.  TCU and Nebraska let me down but hoping Louisville and Georgia Tech take care of business tomorrow and of course hope someone beats uat in the playoffs. 

Archived