Franklin Staying

lionheartkc

Really, got some skills.

We've had multiple threads concerning how useful he might be, but all died because he was our 2nd QB!

IFF we end up w./ QB depth. I'm sure coaches can find value.

Hell, put him in the slot and call him a "skeet" back. Even if he never actually receives the handoff for the run around end, and if he only gets pump-fakes when running routes, he's a potential target that defenders must respect.

I, for at least one, don't think we've wasted a dime on his scholarship so far, and I'm happy as a clam to see him coming back.

WDE Mr. Franklin!

I'm glad he is staying and hope he gets his degree. ...not putting anything on him that he was not successful as a QB....he had a dream, gave it a shot and it was not to be. 

Seems that there should be a place for a guy with his speed and he and the coaches have the better part 7 months to figure out where it should be ....just hoping they don't wait too long in making a position change such that he wastes his last season. 

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He was talking about transitioning to another position in order to make it to the NFL...

If you were referring to me, I am well aware of what he was talking about.

29 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If you were referring to me, I am well aware of what he was talking about.

No, I wasn't talking to you. Talking to the one that brought up Kodi Burns.

6 hours ago, aufan57 said:

I cannot see Franklin III taking snaps from Truitt or Martin.We already have young, quality receivers we are not utilizing to their potential. He is a player without a position. Maybe he can join the track team. 

What snaps?  You mean in garbage games?  They don't get snaps in meaningful games. In those games we only run up the middle. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

This discussion reminds me of another situation where Auburn wasted talent. Chizik s staff kept Trovon Reed at WR for three years and promised to get him more involved each year. They never did, finally moving him to DB where he played as a reserve his senior year. Now he is an NFL corner, picking passes. JF3 should move to CB. 

IMO, From what I have seen, he does not have the lateral quickness or stop/start agility to play corner and he doesn't seem to have the physicality for safety.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

You guys are being awful flippant and dismissive about a kid who's willing to stay and change his role if it helps the team.

I say welcome back John!  

And War Eagle!

I agree.

Special teams dynamo. Practice catching kickoffs & punts a thousand times and he could be the best return man in the SEC. Glad he's staying at Auburn. That speed on any football player is worth a scholarship. 

I don't think JF has much choice but to stay and do what coaches ask.. He could transfer to a lower division but that wouldn't enhance his prospects of pro career. I don't think he would get any suitors as a grad transfer.  Kid has to sit down with coaches and then do what is best for JFIII

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

You guys are being awful flippant and dismissive about a kid who's willing to stay and change his role if it helps the team.

I say welcome back John!  

And War Eagle!

I have agreed with homersapien for the 1st time in my life. I can hear the Hallelujah Chorus playing in the background.

15 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Special teams dynamo. Practice catching kickoffs & punts a thousand times and he could be the best return man in the SEC. Glad he's staying at Auburn. That speed on any football player is worth a scholarship. 

I think this is a great idea, returning kicks and punts. I'm glad he's staying. War Eagle Mr. Franklin.

Archived