New Game Room

RunInRed

On 1/23/2017 at 11:45 AM, AU13HSV said:

True, it will be hard to match the contribution Oregon gets from Phil Knight, but I don't think access to cash is the true problem here. Most people would consider Alabama's facilities in the top 5 and their renovation was 9 million. We spent 13 million on a jumbotron. Hell Kansas State just  completed an amazing renovation. Auburn just needs better planning of priority projects and when they do build to not skimp on the extras.

I would second that D1 should be in charge of the interiors. They do some amazing work. 

When was the last time Oregon won a Nat Championship? Or even the infamous recruiting national championship? They are hardly getting their moneys worth out of their bells & whistles. Yes, you have to keep up, no doubt about it, but this stuff gets overblown imo. The real deal football players like this kind of stuff but I dont think it sways them one way or the other unless they are considering someone who is really far behind. 

must be near impossible to shoot pool with all the balls the same color. i'm assuming the 8 ball is still black. solids and stripes i guess, but it'd be strange shooting a rack like that

On March 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM, boisnumber1 said:

When was the last time Oregon won a Nat Championship? Or even the infamous recruiting national championship? They are hardly getting their moneys worth out of their bells & whistles. Yes, you have to keep up, no doubt about it, but this stuff gets overblown imo. The real deal football players like this kind of stuff but I dont think it sways them one way or the other unless they are considering someone who is really far behind. 

True, I more used Oregon as an example of great facilities. I am not so much concerned with keep up with them...I am concerned with continuing to fall behind fellow SEC schools.

On 3/6/2017 at 7:51 AM, AU13HSV said:

True, I more used Oregon as an example of great facilities. I am not so much concerned with keep up with them...I am concerned with continuing to fall behind fellow SEC schools.

I agree. I guess the point I was trying to make is there is a happy medium somewhere in there & going beyond that is a waste of $$.

I'm sure that the players/students find access to some of the activities in this room to be a bonus, but does anyone else feel like it looks like a basement that a couple of teenage boys decorated? If it is going to be a showpiece for recruits, it really needs some well thought out paint, cool lighting, murals with some sense of graphic design, etc. Hard to believe that a school with really nice football facilities looked at this room and said "yea, that's finished".

47 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I agree. I guess the point I was trying to make is there is a happy medium somewhere in there & going beyond that is a waste of $$.

I agree...I don't think the reported $135 million Oregon "aka Phil Knight" spent on their football facility is needed and would be appalled if Auburn used $135 million in that way. But Auburn needs to come up with a long term plan to upgrade their facilities. This piece meal 10 million here...28 million there is wasting money. 

I know I have read the athletics department has a long range plan in place, but most of it has never materialized. The plan needed to have board input if they were going to be the final approval. If Ole Miss, MSU, and Arkansas can all undertake complete end zone renovations, then Auburn surely can afford to.

5 hours ago, AU13HSV said:

I agree...I don't think the reported $135 million Oregon "aka Phil Knight" spent on their football facility is needed and would be appalled if Auburn used $135 million in that way. But Auburn needs to come up with a long term plan to upgrade their facilities. This piece meal 10 million here...28 million there is wasting money. 

I know I have read the athletics department has a long range plan in place, but most of it has never materialized. The plan needed to have board input if they were going to be the final approval. If Ole Miss, MSU, and Arkansas can all undertake complete end zone renovations, then Auburn surely can afford to.

Auburn has the money just don't want JJ to be the one spending it on the upgrades to the stadium

Archived