Men vs. Tennessee - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ColtonSpain said:

everytime Auburn gets it 11 or 10 they call the cheapest foul to stop the momentum and hand Tennessee free throws.

actually about the time we get close, someone decides to "take control" and makes an ill advised shot with no RB support....

1 minute ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Dunans...WTF?

X 1,000,000. Thinks he has to shoot if he he touches the ball. Does Bruce even coach when the clock starts the game? Serious question and I really like Bruce. Helluva recruiter, meh in-game coach!

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

They are the least of our problems tonight. 

You're right. We just couldn't get hot shooting it tonight and when you don't rebound and play little defense you can't possibly expect to win. Especially against a good Tennessee team.

We didn't play well but Dunans playing selfish when he's not playing well and Wiley being off did us in amongst other things. I say we put Brown back in the starting lineup purely for defense. Can't afford to come out slow and play catch up anymore

Well, the final score is going to look like a good competitive game if you can forget the first 33 minutes.   By the time, the shooters got warmed up, the game was pretty much out of reach.

I feel like we've gotten better. I also think we sometimes have selfish play. And at times we seem to lack the energy that the other team has. I also feel like we're probably younger than any other team we play against

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

A burning question, do you think Auburn has gotten better as the year has gone on?

My opinion doesn't mean anything because I'm no basketball expert but I'd say yes. At the beginning we were winning purely off talent. Right now we are capable of playing together and we have at times, but we don't do it consistently. But I'd say we have gotten better even if it's not as much improvement as we'd have liked to see

A burning question, do you think Auburn has gotten better as the year has gone on?

That's probably a multi-part question.....certainly not on defense....but for spells in most games, the O looks really sharp....but just can't go too long before the individualism takes over again.

Overall yes. When clicking, it's easy to tell the offense has improved notably. The defense though...I don't know if I can truly say we've improved on defense in the last three years.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

actually about the time we get close, someone decides to "take control" and makes an ill advised shot with no RB support....

I feel like there needs to be a player who takes control, and it absolutely sucks there isn't one due to the hot/cold nature of this team lol.

Archived